Options

The First Omen (2024) Trailer

Tindie_BaisTindie_Bais Posts: 2,591
Forum Member
✭✭✭
This a prequel to The Omen (1976),

A woman starts to question her own faith when she uncovers a terrifying conspiracy to bring about the birth of evil incarnate in Rome.

https://youtu.be/ES6id-fmlfo?si=CTW9-xfPIxXslsWU

Out on the 5th April.

I am looking foward to this,
(This time last year , I said the same thing about Pet Semtary prequel, which I didn't like at all.)

This looks decent.

Comments

• Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A backwards trailer! Has that ever been done before? Definitely looks interesting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here another Trailer

70s style Trailer
    https://youtu.be/JVTMtDsHMmU?si=e98z6mxFRIGb_2Ct
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edited 02/04/24 - 15:52 #5
    Out this Friday.

Interesting to discover this also stars highly regarded British actors Charles Dance, Bill Nighy and Ralph Ineson.

The lead actress in this is the girl from Apple+ tv show Servant who plays Leanne.
  • Options
    WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to see Ralph Ineson. I hope he has some decent screen time.
  • Options
    InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know when we can expect the reviews to come out? Must admit I'm getting a little concerned because a late review embargo lift often suggests they know it is a bad film.
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great idea getting the voice of the Dacia Duster to play a lead. Who'll be in The 2nd Omen? Hugh Dennis?!

Dreadful trailer.
  • Options
    PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edited 03/04/24 - 20:14 #9
    InMyArms wrote: »
    Does anyone know when we can expect the reviews to come out? Must admit I'm getting a little concerned because a late review embargo lift often suggests they know it is a bad film.

Early word is its a solid prequel to Donner's Omen.
    "I am not being hyperbolic when I say THE FIRST OMEN is surprising. Do not dismiss seeing this film. What it does to honor its predecessors and add onto the mythos is fascinating," added freelance critic Sarah Musnicky. "[The First Omen] lays down the path for the future and all of its possibilities.

Screenshot-20240403-210945-Samsung-Internet.jpg

Screenshot-20240403-211013-Samsung-Internet.jpg
  • Options
    Martin1Martin1 Posts: 8,335
    Forum Member
    edited 03/04/24 - 20:15 #10

There is some reviews already
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

"I am not being hyperbolic when I say THE FIRST OMEN is surprising. Do not dismiss seeing this film. What it does to honor its predecessors and add onto the mythos is fascinating," added freelance critic Sarah Musnicky. "[The First Omen] lays down the path for the future and all of its possibilities.

That line up above saying it has the best horror cinematography in a long time has got me hooked. I'm going to see it next week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »

That line up above saying it has the best horror cinematography in a long time has got me hooked. I'm going to see it next week.

Yes I'm looking forward to it aswell, watched the original on Disney+ last week. Very dated but the script and performances are fantastic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edited 03/04/24 - 21:20 #13
    I can’t believe they’re still going “the spooky things happened on set” route. A crucifix snapped in half? Do people fall for this stuff?

Looking forward to the film though. Going to see it this weekend.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very good film and compliments the original film nicely. Could have done without the final scene however.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edited 06/04/24 - 22:34 #15
    Very good film and compliments the original film nicely. Could have done without the final scene however.

I’ve heard others say that, but I didn’t mind it. We’re definitely getting a sequel if it does well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edited 07/04/24 - 01:30 #16
    Whedonite wrote: »

I’ve heard others say that, but I didn’t mind it. We’re definitely getting a sequel if it does well.

I'd be interested in a sequel that perhaps runs parallel to the original film but focuses on Margaret and her daughter.

Imagine if she convinces one of the nuns to go spy on Damien acting as a nanny for the Thornes and it turns out to be Mrs Baylock!

😛
  • Options
    pete137pete137 Posts: 18,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Agree with this. Very good film and a nice surprise. Also with you on the end scene.
  • Options
    Plant_PiePlant_Pie Posts: 3,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked it! The music was very unsettling in parts also. Better then I thought it was going to be.