Options

World Cup 2026: MetLife Stadium in New Jersey to host World Cup final

tiger2000tiger2000 Posts: 8,541
Forum Member
The MetLife Stadium in New Jersey will host the 2026 World Cup final on 19 July, while the Azteca Stadium in Mexico City will stage the opening group game on 11 June.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68200774

Comments

• Options
    jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kick off times are the most intriguing aspect for me. And they haven't been announced yet.
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    jlp95bwfc wrote: »
    Kick off times are the most intriguing aspect for me. And they haven't been announced yet.

Suspect the way forwards will be after the draw but I think uk time , we will late afternoon , early evening and late night.

The late night one can sometimes be a struggle in these time zones
  • Options
    Samuel_Samuel_ Posts: 7,819
    Forum Member
    Would imagine the kick-off times will be similar to Brazil? Last games kicking off at 11pm our time. I enjoyed those late night kick-offs, really made it feel like an event. Was it Japan v Ivory Coast at 2am in 2014? I want more of that.
  • Options
    AshMan123AshMan123 Posts: 5,532
    Forum Member
    Samuel_ wrote: »
    Would imagine the kick-off times will be similar to Brazil? Last games kicking off at 11pm our time. I enjoyed those late night kick-offs, really made it feel like an event. Was it Japan v Ivory Coast at 2am in 2014? I want more of that.

From memory England Italy was meant to kick off at something like 1am our time before being switched.