Options

Freeview HD on Roku Now TV Box

wilson500wilson500 Posts: 1,096
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have a Now TV box that I haven't used for years. Yesterday I plugged it in, did a software update and rescanned all the channels.
It isn't getting any HD channels. It did before even getting COM 8 when that existed.
Now it won't get BBCB from Crystal Palace even though this appears to be the same power as BBCA and D3+4.

Unless there is local interference or BBCB has a different tx pattern, it should be able to pick up BBCB.

My question is, has anything changed since I last had this box on, about four years ago, with the parameters of HD on Freeview that this box won't be able to decode?

Comments

• Options
    AnotherBoxAnotherBox Posts: 2,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If that's the 4500SK, it should be fine.
    I've just switched mine on, not done so since Christmas. Checked for Software updates, last one I did was November - only Apps updated. Box software last update was May 2023. Done a full channel rescan and all working ok.
    Check that it's actually tuned to the UHF channel for BBCB HD UHF channel 30 at Crystal Palace. If not, do a MANUAL tune for it, it may have missed it for some reason, weak signal?
    If you are still having no luck, put your postcode into this page https://restoretv.uk/postcards-not-sure/ to check if there's a possibility of Mobile cell interference.
    Do other obvious checks like your aerial still pointing as it should, not falling to bits, coax connections all ok and plugged in correctly..
  • Options
    wilson500wilson500 Posts: 1,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the reply. It is the 4500SK. I'm going to take it to a friend's house at the weekend and try it there. If I can get it tuned in there, I can play with my aerial if necessary. It might just be in a null for channel 30.