Options

Voice Recorder on Samsung Galaxy A12 not registering sound levels!

1970sGirl1970sGirl Posts: 13
Forum Member
I'd be grateful for some advice please.
My partner and I have exactly the same Samsung phones - Galaxy A12 - but tonight the Voice Recorder app on his phone has stopped registering the sound levels when making a recording, resulting in nothing being recorded (as per screenshot)mql0ezq3w1r9.jpg
We've been through all the obvious troubleshooting - microphone app permissions etc - and compared our phone settings which appear exactly the same. It's also up to date on updates.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated please!

Comments

• Options
    baldpaul147baldpaul147 Posts: 479
    Forum Member
    Have you tried the most obvious troubleshooting technique of restarting the phone?

You could also try clearing the cache and storage of the Voice Recorder app maybe.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Have you tried the most obvious troubleshooting technique of restarting the phone?

You could also try clearing the cache and storage of the Voice Recorder app maybe.

Thank you. Yes, tried those things as well but no joy!
  • Options
    GortGort Posts: 7,468
    Forum Member
    Probably a stupid question, but I'll persist anyway. Does the phone's microphone work? Have you tested it by making a call?

Other than that issue, which would mean a physical failure rather than software, maybe clearing the recording app's cache and data in Settings>Apps or uninstalling the app and reinstalling it again might help.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Gort wrote: »
    Probably a stupid question, but I'll persist anyway. Does the phone's microphone work? Have you tested it by making a call?

Other than that issue, which would mean a physical failure rather than software, maybe clearing the recording app's cache and data in Settings>Apps or uninstalling the app and reinstalling it again might help.

Not a stupid question and you're quite right - thank you. Definitely the microphone. Have tried cleaning it and every other fix but to no avail so will head off to the phone repair shop. Fingers crossed!