Options

Soapbox Moment

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 254
Forum Member
Helene - one gets the impression she thinks the world owes her a living. How can you make sales when you are so stand off-ish?!

Alex - horrible little boy who always, always looks like he needs a wash.

Lee - no right thinking businessman (ie Sir Alan in this case) would be seen dead on national television hiring a fibber that can't type and/or spell. What would that make his company look like?!

Claire - seems to need a husband more than she needs this job. I don't like her much but she's worked hard for it and without Raef in it, I'm not bothered anymore:cry:

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good post - I totally agree.
  • Options
    CLARKSONIOUSCLARKSONIOUS Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    The're such a motley crew of candidates this year, makes me think Sir Alan's moving into the terrorism business.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Terrorism? Yikes! And I thought I felt guilty for one or two of the thoughts that have crossed my mind to post and then decided not to! lol
  • Options
    Give It UpGive It Up Posts: 982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mspjam wrote: »
    Helene - one gets the impression she thinks the world owes her a living. How can you make sales when you are so stand off-ish?!

Lee - no right thinking businessman (ie Sir Alan in this case) would be seen dead on national television hiring a fibber that can't type and/or spell. What would that make his company look like?!

Claire - seems to need a husband more than she needs this job. I don't like her much but she's worked hard for it and without Raef in it, I'm not bothered anymore:cry:

Your last 10 words obliterate the rest of your post.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Maybe I should have put not that bothered anymore - pardon me for breathing!:p
  • Options
    qwertyqueenqwertyqueen Posts: 3,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Helene is a miserable cow, but I think she'd be OK if she loosened up a bit and wasn't as defensive.

Alex - He's been deceitful the whole way along, and I don't think there's much to him as a person. He thinks he can charm and lie his way out of every situation.

Lee - Naive, which is endearing but also annoying. He often speaks without thinking and he doesn't worry about details very much. He only seemed to be enthusiastic about the tasks he liked doing, and I don't think that much of him as a business man. He does seem nice enough as a person, but he's a bit unstable and unpredictable.

Claire - Has she applied for Big Brother 3 times? She seems to be an attention seeker and nothing more. If she did get the job, then she wouldn't stick at it for very long.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I agree about Claire...doesn't have a good track record for sticking at anything. Big Brother three times? LOL

Lee, I have encountered his type in my working life often enough to be pretty sure he'd be a big mistake for Sir Alan, even without the fibbing.

I feel a bit sorry for Helene because she's probably more wrong for this post than just a wrong'un in general. She was a bit daft to give up her seven year career, imo.

Alex I've just hated the sight of since day one. Needs knocking off his perch bigtime.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree actually, I'm amazed they didn't make more of all that. Having said that, I do think he seems a nice enough guy. And that dinosaur impression trick in the interview was below the belt imo.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    agree totally, without Raef (and to some extent without the army guy simon or whatever his name was) the show is far worse than last series!
  • Options
    Forever AwkwardForever Awkward Posts: 3,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree actually, I'm amazed they didn't make more of all that. Having said that, I do think he seems a nice enough guy. And that dinosaur impression trick in the interview was below the belt imo.

A lie on a CV (not just an embellishment) would instantly render you out of the running.

Had Lee refused to do the impression and said what was suggested that he should have said (ie "No, this is a serious interview"), he would have been accused of not having a sense of humour.
  • Options
    Forever AwkwardForever Awkward Posts: 3,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    neomilan wrote: »
    agree totally, without Raef (and to some extent without the army guy simon or whatever his name was) the show is far worse than last series!

I didn't like either of them from the start. Even after Raef started his Mr Nice Guy act.

I totally agreed with SAS and Nick when they said that he was full of hot air and there was nothing below the surface.

Simon, however, did seem like a genuinely nice guy but he was totally ineffectual and out of his depth.
  • Options
    KatenutzsKatenutzs Posts: 2,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A lie on a CV (not just an embellishment) would instantly render you out of the running.

Had Lee refused to do the impression and said what was suggested that he should have said (ie "No, this is a serious interview"), he would have been accused of not having a sense of humour.

Lee did hesitate about doing the impressiom but was egged on then told off as soon as he did it. No win situation methinks :confused: