Digital Spy Forums

Digital Spy Forums (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/index.php)
-   TV Shows: US (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Homeland on Ch4 (UK Pace) - No Spoilers! (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1629343)

Denley 30-04-2012 19:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by catsitter (Post 57954674)
Sorry, it wasn't your post that worried me, it's the ones where people have said how great the final episode is.

Wonder why Carrie's sister didn't turn up to visit her in hospital - surely she would have been told that Carrie had been injured? In which case she would have made sure meds were sorted out when she was there, oh well, I suppose the plot wouldn't have worked then.

I'll be avoiding this thread the rest of this week now, just in case of spoilers. It's been a great thread to dip into though. :)

I'll pop in again after the finale.

Kayjay2405 30-04-2012 19:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paprika (Post 57954907)
Where can I watch the series finale online? I'm trying to be good and hold out but it's not working!

Hold out!!! I'm strugging not to google what happens in advance, but only 6 days to go.... ;)

mazzy50 30-04-2012 19:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by catsitter (Post 57954674)
Sorry, it wasn't your post that worried me, it's the ones where people have said how great the final episode is.

Wonder why Carrie's sister didn't turn up to visit her in hospital - surely she would have been told that Carrie had been injured? In which case she would have made sure meds were sorted out when she was there, oh well, I suppose the plot wouldn't have worked then.

Me too - I don't want to know which bits of the episode are the best, that's already a spoiler. I don't know why NO SPOILERS seems so hard for people to understand.

Think I'll have to give this thread a miss until next week too, which is a shame.

Nansbread 30-04-2012 20:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by mazzy50 (Post 57955972)
Me too - I don't want to know which bits of the episode are the best, that's already a spoiler. I don't know why NO SPOILERS seems so hard for people to understand.

Think I'll have to give this thread a miss until next week too, which is a shame.

You had a go a few weeks ago too.

Why cant you understand that saying the series finale is good is not a SPOILER. Spoiler is when a story line is revealed.

Would telling you that there is Homeland next sunday at 9.00 pm on C4 be a spoiler too.:cool:

You are over reacting again.

solare 30-04-2012 20:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by mazzy50 (Post 57955972)

Same here. :( I enjoy reading this thread but I opened it very early this morning to find two spoilers already posted :mad: and unfortunately the mods aren't around that early to remove them.

fifitrixibelle 30-04-2012 20:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keyser Soze (Post 57941984)
Wonder if the Gettysburg stuff about how the teacher from Maine saved the Union by behaving in an unusal manner in battle will become relevant next week?

Completely agree Keyser....like he was telling them that no matter how unorthodox his actions, it's because of what he believes (obviously), I'm not at all convinced that he has turned.

mazzy50 30-04-2012 20:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nansbread (Post 57956452)
You had a go a few weeks ago too.

Why cant you understand that saying the series finale is good is not a SPOILER. Spoiler is when a story line is revealed.

Would telling you that there is Homeland next sunday at 9.00 pm on C4 be a spoiler too.:cool:

You are over reacting again.

I was not referring to your post and I have no idea what you mean about a few weeks ago, so I feel rather as if you are over reacting - particularly since I am not the only person to mention this - what's so special about me that you need to single me out for your rebuke?

I'm not going to quote it. but there is a definite spoiler in post #1746.

Praising the final episode in great - dropping little hints about what happens or which bits are dramatic does count as a spoiler in my view. You didn't do that, but others have.

I'll give an illustration of what I mean in the spoiler tag below:

Spoiler

MrSuper 30-04-2012 20:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by solare (Post 57956575)
Same here. :( I enjoy reading this thread but I opened it very early this morning to find two spoilers already posted :mad: and unfortunately the mods aren't around that early to remove them.

Really? Didn't know that. Bet it was done deliberately as well! :eek:

Normandie 30-04-2012 21:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSuper (Post 57956972)
Really? Didn't know that.

:confused: You "openly" quoted one of the spoilers - which I thought was rather bizarre in view of the fact you've always been totally anti spoilers.

HollyC 30-04-2012 21:25

In a way, I really wish I hadn't watched this - I wish I had just recorded it all to watch in one fell swoop! It is so hard to wait until Sunday, without searching for spoilers.

Such a brilliant programme! I was so happy to hear that they're making a second series.

Spoiler

Sez_babe 30-04-2012 21:32

Hello. I keep hearing great things about this programme (the DVD isn't out until October :eek:)

Can someone tell me why I should watch it please :D

HollyC 30-04-2012 21:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sez_babe (Post 57958450)
Hello. I keep hearing great things about this programme (the DVD isn't out until October :eek:)

Can someone tell me why I should watch it please :D

Because it's brilliantly written, brilliantly acted, and has a cracking storyline.

If you do get the DVD, be prepared to have to watch it over a couple of days - waiting a week between episodes is not good!!

Also, I'm pretty sure that it would stand up to repeated viewing.

MrSuper 30-04-2012 21:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Normandie (Post 57957990)
:confused: You "openly" quoted one of the spoilers - which I thought was rather bizarre in view of the fact you've always been totally anti spoilers.

What? :confused: What spoiler did i quote? As far as i'm aware i haven't revealed or quoted any spoilers. I haven't seen Homeland before so i don't know anything.

If you're talking about the
Spoiler
that was mentioned by someone else and i replied asking him what he was talking about because i don't know if that was a spoiler or not because i don't know as it wasn't mentioned or revealed in Sunday's episode. So i was confused about that, that was all.

penelopesimpson 30-04-2012 22:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by HollyC (Post 57958667)
Because it's brilliantly written, brilliantly acted, and has a cracking storyline.

If you do get the DVD, be prepared to have to watch it over a couple of days - waiting a week between episodes is not good!!

Also, I'm pretty sure that it would stand up to repeated viewing.

It is absolutely terrific and about ten light years ahead of anything else available. Fabulous

penelopesimpson 30-04-2012 22:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by spaniel-lover (Post 57953308)
It's only my opinion that Dana will be the heroine.

Maybe Dana will get killed?

swnymor1963 30-04-2012 22:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paprika (Post 57954907)
Where can I watch the series finale online? I'm trying to be good and hold out but it's not working!

I know the feeling....it was so difficult not to do a search last night....I was literally itching to watch the conclusion....I`am ok now though...Can`t wait until next week....I`d love to join in the speculation but I`d be pissed off with myself if my mole theory was right and I spoilt it for everyone else.....I`v stayed clear of all spoilers....all I know is that there is a second series...and I have`t looked to see which characters are still around.

big24fan 30-04-2012 22:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by mazzy50 (Post 57956886)
I was not referring to your post and I have no idea what you mean about a few weeks ago, so I feel rather as if you are over reacting - particularly since I am not the only person to mention this - what's so special about me that you need to single me out for your rebuke?

I'm not going to quote it. but there is a definite spoiler in post #1746.

Praising the final episode in great - dropping little hints about what happens or which bits are dramatic does count as a spoiler in my view. You didn't do that, but others have.

I'll give an illustration of what I mean in the spoiler tag below:

Spoiler

Shocked to find that the post you were referring too was actually mine, I'm not being stupid but usually the last few minutes of a Season finale are intense and I was simply saying that while the final episode is awesome, the last few minutes were great, not a thing was spoiled. I find my previous post pretty much similar to any trailer or TV promo which claims "The last few minutes will blow you away" but I didn't reveal a single thing. If your so worried about spoilers (and they wont come from me) but you are concerned then just stay away until next week.

Squiggle 30-04-2012 23:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keyser Soze (Post 57941322)
Was it? Her camera would've fallen off as the wheel turned.

Yes, it was. She attached it to the steering wheel. When her dad complained about it, she reached over and removed it which got him to tell her to be careful that he's driving.

Squiggle 30-04-2012 23:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSuper (Post 57942445)
What are you talking about? What pregnancy? There wasn't mention of anything like that in tonight's episode.

Just a note for anyone reading this. The season finale is next Sunday - so NO SPOILERS!!! At all!

Because it didn't happen. I don't know what Ads was watching but Jessica (back @ the motel room) said that she was happy because she likes what is happening within the family as a result of her saying 'yes' to Nick about running for congress. His demeanor changed. It's very clear.

There is no spoiler in what Ads said. It's bogus. :cool: Is this considered a spoiler? :D

Squiggle 01-05-2012 00:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ads (Post 57941961)
Spoiler

Extremely WILD theory. :cool:

big24fan 01-05-2012 00:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squiggle (Post 57961342)
Because it didn't happen. I don't know what Ads was watching but Jessica (back @ the motel room) said that she was happy because she likes what is happening within the family as a result of her saying 'yes' to Nick about running for congress. His demeanor changed. It's very clear.

There is no spoiler in what Ads said. It's bogus. :cool: Is this considered a spoiler? :D

I thought she was about to announce she was pregnant in the episode that aired on Sunday, the way she said "I'm" then took a slight pause and said "Happy" I think some people may have thought she was going to announce she was pregnant.

MrSuper 01-05-2012 03:12

Everyone's getting paranoid now! I can feel it in the air! :D

solare 01-05-2012 06:06

I've been up all night scribbling and the floor's covered with scraps of paper. This is my theory.
We've been missing the subliminal messages.
- The opening credits feature Louis Armstrong...black guy, plays the trumpet
- Carrie put on Miles Davis (black guy, plays the trumpet) when Brody visited.
- Walker's also black. Does he play the trumpet? We don't know yet. Brody will know.

I think Brody will get elected to whatever it is he's standing for. A party will be given in his honour, which the president will attend. The jazz band will have a trumpeter (Walker) who, at the appropriate moment, will blast the final note of a popular jazz number directly into the president's ear, thereby exploding his head. I'm not sure about the actual music yet. Probably something by Dizzy Gillespie would do it. Has anyone seen my pink highlighter?

tvfanny 01-05-2012 11:50

Ha ^.
Since it was mooted that Brody go for political office, I've thought (IF he has been turned) that as a long term sleeper he could do more damage to the US from the inside. Even get to be President eventually.
Just saying

niceguy1966 01-05-2012 12:18

Loving this series.

We are so lucky having this and The Bridge on at the same time.

I'm mostly avoiding this thread as I do feel some of the comments about how good the final episode is were getting close to spoilers. It's good to know it isn't going to be a total fiasco (like Flash forwards), but apart from that, I don't want to know anything until I see it myself.