Digital Spy Forums

Digital Spy Forums (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/index.php)
-   TV Shows: US (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Homeland on Ch4 (UK Pace) - No Spoilers! (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1629343)

cooperone 09-05-2012 14:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by allie4 (Post 58108910)
Hmmmm, doesn't say which Thursday!

Well I would have a bet on this Thursday 10/5/2012 :)

solare 09-05-2012 14:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by tally (Post 58107704)
I saw an interview with one of the producers, cant remember who, it's on You Tube and he said Series 2 would concentrate a lot more on Brody and Carries ambiguous relationship.

Could be interesting (so long as it doesn't become soapy and romantic). The fact that temporary memory loss was mentioned as a possible side effect of her treatment, means it is clearly going to be significant for the next series. Perhaps Carrie will end up unwittingly assisting Brody or even being 'turned' by him.

Inkblot 09-05-2012 14:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokeychan1 (Post 58106409)
I agree with swnymor1963.

Brody became a lot less interesting as a character once the ambiguity of his loyalties was gone - despite Damien's top-notch performance. The commissioning of a second season diluted the power of the story as it presented itself originally and so, like others, I wish they had contained Brody's story to this season and brought us a new one in the season two.

Brody was also much more interesting when he behaved like someone who had been [a] apart from his wife for a long time and [b] traumatised by being kept hostage. Some of the earlier episodes were uncomfortable viewing but as it became less about how Brody's ordeal had affected him and more about how his feelings towards his country had changed, it also became less raw and honest in its characterisation.

TwentySeven 09-05-2012 15:27

I'd agree with that about it being at it's best early on when we knew less about Brody's alliances. The first 5 or 6 episodes where it was almost like Brody vs Carrie were brilliant I thought, topped off with the ending of the sixth I think with Brody looking right at the camera on the lie detector test and lying about being faithful to his wife. I still liked the show after that but it was diluted a little.

m06een00 09-05-2012 16:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inkblot (Post 58113819)
Brody was also much more interesting when he behaved like someone who had been [a] apart from his wife for a long time and [b] traumatised by being kept hostage. Some of the earlier episodes were uncomfortable viewing but as it became less about how Brody's ordeal had affected him and more about how his feelings towards his country had changed, it also became less raw and honest in its characterisation.

I thought that was the most significant thing about Homeland. Here you had an American series painting its political leaders and security as less than snow white, and that terrorists like Abu Nazir may have had a genuine grievance against the US. Kind of Michael Moore-like take on things.

Nailz 11-05-2012 00:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gill P (Post 58109178)
We managed to avoid any spoilers in this household so were suitably surprised at the ending. I did, however, know that Brody survived from seeing that there would be a second series with Damien Lewis in it.

But he could have detonated the bomb and Damien Lewis could have been used in flashback sequences having died in the explosion.

allie4 11-05-2012 07:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooperone (Post 58113310)
Well I would have a bet on this Thursday 10/5/2012 :)

Cheers! Managed by chance to see it in Sky schedule so recorded it last night - yipeeeee!!!
Apart from The Bridge, there's no other prog I want to see on TV atm....:(

Nailz 11-05-2012 10:34

What would you give the show out of ten ?
Having watched it all I would say 8/10.
Good characters and an intelligent and interesting story.

Residents Fan 11-05-2012 20:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nailz (Post 58147362)
What would you give the show out of ten ?
Having watched it all I would say 8/10.
Good characters and an intelligent and interesting story.

I'd give "Homeland" 7/10. It was well-acted and had an
intriguing story. :)

Minor point about the last episode- when Dana Brody sees
the report about the shooting in Washington, the song
she's listening to is "Pumped Up Kicks" by Foster
the People. "Pumped Up Kicks" is about a disturbed
person who wants to shoot his percieved enemies-
just like Tom Walker.

loonattic 12-05-2012 00:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calamity-jo (Post 58071458)
Sorry if this has been mentioned, but I saw an interview a few months ago with David Harewood, when he was promoting Homeland over here. He said he's been signed up for 7 years. Same timeframe as Lost. :eek:

Needless to say, I'm another one who thinks it would have been better as a stand alone drama.

7 years? that would be stretching it a bit.one series with him succeeding in blowing everybody up would have been perfect but no doubt they would refuse to have that sort of an ending in america,so when it does end the plot will be discovered and the good guys will win as usual.

theonlyweeman 12-05-2012 00:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by loonattic (Post 58162292)
7 years? that would be stretching it a bit.one series with him succeeding in blowing everybody up would have been perfect but no doubt they would refuse to have that sort of an ending in america,so when it does end the plot will be discovered and the good guys will win as usual.

Actually the Americans always sign people up for 6 or 7 seasons regardless of the show (FlashForward's cast were signed for 7, 30 Rock and Cougar Town's for 6), as it means the show can reach syndication numbers without any cast members leaving, and means they can give the show a good run without having to worry about contract negotiations.

MrSuper 14-05-2012 13:00

Excellent news! Homeland Season 2 will air on Ch4 this year in the autumn close to US transmission. Well done Ch4! :)

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s18...-confirms.html

AKFE 14-05-2012 13:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSuper (Post 58205436)
Excellent news! Homeland Season 2 will air on Ch4 this year in the autumn close to US transmission. Well done Ch4! :)

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s18...-confirms.html

Many thanks for posting. I have been fretting about not getting it back.

theonlyweeman 14-05-2012 16:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSuper (Post 58205436)
Excellent news! Homeland Season 2 will air on Ch4 this year in the autumn close to US transmission. Well done Ch4! :)

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s18...-confirms.html

In the same breath E4 advertised 2 Broke Girls as starting winter 2012, and it didn't start till April. I'd be very careful until a date is set in stone

Red Wimp 14-05-2012 20:03

Sol
 
This may have been done to death but it's a little difficult checking 85 pages :eek: I wondered about Sol failing the lie detector test quite early on. Was that just a red herring or are we going to find out he is the mole all along ?

DubDub 15-05-2012 00:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Wimp (Post 58213877)
This may have been done to death but it's a little difficult checking 85 pages :eek: I wondered about Sol failing the lie detector test quite early on. Was that just a red herring or are we going to find out he is the mole all along ?

tbh thats something that played on me mind also. sol is an ambiguous player for me. Th e writers have all options open at this point. Anything can & will happen! We've been Sucked in! :p

Jimmy_McNulty 15-05-2012 11:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by DubDub (Post 58219674)
tbh thats something that played on me mind also. sol is an ambiguous player for me. Th e writers have all options open at this point. Anything can & will happen! We've been Sucked in! :p

Saul remains the no1 suspect for me after what he did in the final episode.

cooperone 15-05-2012 11:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmy_McNulty (Post 58223248)
Saul remains the no1 suspect for me after what he did in the final episode.

Yep said it a couple of weeks ago...Very Dodgy :)

MrSuper 22-05-2012 20:53

Some info on season 2 of Homeland, specifically how the season starts off. Mild spoilers included in article but nothing major.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s18...emarkable.html

JasonWatkins 04-06-2012 01:12

Just spent the last 2 days watching the rest of Season 1 after saving up 10 episodes. Enjoyed it greatly and looking forward to S2. A good, meaty plot to get your teeth in to.

MrSuper 04-06-2012 01:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonWatkins (Post 58604756)
Just spent the last 2 days watching the rest of Season 1 after saving up 10 episodes. Enjoyed it greatly and looking forward to S2. A good, meaty plot to get your teeth in to.

Welcome! And thanks for joining our club! You're very late but we'll let you off! :D

JasonWatkins 04-06-2012 01:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSuper (Post 58604773)
You're very late but we'll let you off! :D

I've got a note, sir.. honest :)

I knew after the 2nd episode I was going to like it and that I probably would go mad waiting for the new episodes, so I decided to stack it all up and watch it in one hit. Jubilee weekend and subsequent crap TV gave me the perfect excuse!

Red Wimp 12-06-2012 13:01

Seeing the teaser for series 2 on the front page got me thinking - I would have thought this was originally written as a one-off drama series? At what point do they change the ending to make it open for series 2? When they see how succesful series 1 is or is it all in the can long before that.
Personally much as I enjoyed it I would prefer it to have had a 'proper' ending, just hoping it doesn't outstay it's welcome with too many sequels

MoreTears 12-06-2012 13:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Wimp (Post 58791954)
Seeing the teaser for series 2 on the front page got me thinking - I would have thought this was originally written as a one-off drama series? At what point do they change the ending to make it open for series 2?

It was never intended as a one-off. It was created as a series meant to run and run for many seasons. Virtually all US series are made that way, with it understood that if a show is unsuccessful it will be cancelled with an inconclusive ending.

MrSuper 12-06-2012 13:13

I personally think it will last for 3 seasons. I think the makers know they can't keep stretching it out so i imagine they have an end game in mind. However i wouldn't at all be surprised if it ended after season 2.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:14.