Digital Spy Forums

Digital Spy Forums (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/index.php)
-   Music Appreciation (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=248)
-   -   Paloma Faith Appreciation Thread (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1635696)

BadKid95 29-02-2012 17:48

Paloma Faith Appreciation Thread
 
Thought it would be right to set this up after the new album announcement today! The new album will be called Fall to Grace (out 28th May) and the first single called Picking Up The Pieces will be released a week earlier on May 20. Can't Wait! :)

Loved her debut, favourites are New York, Smoke & Mirrors, Do You Want the Truth or Something Beautiful? and Upside Down.

I also look forward to another Jools Holland performance

ZicoZ 02-03-2012 23:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadKid95 (Post 56856879)
Thought it would be right to set this up after the new album announcement today! The new album will be called Fall to Grace (out 28th May) and the first single called Picking Up The Pieces will be released a week earlier on May 20. Can't Wait! :)

Loved her debut, favourites are New York, Smoke & Mirrors, Do You Want the Truth or Something Beautiful? and Upside Down.

I also look forward to another Jools Holland performance



Loved Upside Down , are there any more of her tracks with the same sound or is that a "one off" ??

mimicole 04-01-2013 16:27

Woah. Thought I'd revive this thread. I've wanted to like Paloma's music for a while. My Mum's really into her music at the moment so I bought Do You Want The Truth... today. It's an album I've been meaning to buy for a while. I'd heard a few tracks and liked them :)

I'd seen Paloma interviewed a few times and I'd seen her on Never Mind The Buzzcocks and really liked her as a person. :)

Any other fans?

Omar_Belkessam1 04-01-2013 16:46

Going to see her live on the 20th! Ridiculously excited. Love her so much.

BadKid95 04-01-2013 17:59

Ah, I abandoned this thread because I found the other one, I'll bump it up now :)

Vladivostok 14-01-2013 00:31

I am going to see her twice in the next few weeks, I've seen her before and she was really great so looking forward to seeing her again))

Spiderpig 21-01-2013 16:09

She has the advantage of being a wonderful singer whilst being a very likable person too, I have both her albums and "Upside Down" is still my favourite.

mikw 21-01-2013 22:00

Just got the "Do you want the truth" album, very good indeed. Surprised i've only just found her - i must apologise for being late for the party.

mimicole 25-05-2013 12:12

I'm listening to "Do You Want The Truth..." at the moment. It's a fantastic debut. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiderpig (Post 63741438)
She has the advantage of being a wonderful singer whilst being a very likable person too, I have both her albums and "Upside Down" is still my favourite.

Yes. :)

thejoyof_pat 27-06-2013 11:24

I love Paloma :D Such a talent and I love watching interviews with her, she's never dull.

mimicole 23-01-2014 15:03

Her debut is such a good album. I was playing it in my car earlier on.

I'm listening to her second album for the first time in full at the moment (I'd heard bits of it).

Vixcamp 18-02-2014 20:42

Ive never really got into anything of hers before, but heard Can't Rely on You yesterday and am hooked!

anthony david 21-11-2014 16:50

The deluxe outsiders' edition of Perfect Contradiction is now out. Contains additional CD with 40 mins of tracks from the BBC Prom. Unmissable!

anthony david 02-01-2015 15:39

Her full BBC Gala promenade concert is on BBC Radio 3 tonight 9-10.45

IsThisHappiness 02-01-2015 23:55

A Paloma Appreciation thread!!!!!!!

Hello!

I saw her live in Glasgow in November. She hit every note perfectly. I was expecting her to be good, but wow. She blew me away.

Do we know if we're getting a video for 'Leave While Im Not Looking'? I imagine it would be spectacular.

Im so happy with the success she has got with this album, I have loved her since the start!

IsThisHappiness 15-01-2015 11:45

She's confirmed to be performing at the BRITS.

I really, really, cannot see anyone else beating her in the 'Best female' category. I think she could surpass expectations for 'Album of the year', too!

anthony david 15-01-2015 15:19

A Perfect Contradiction is at number 6 in the latest BBC top 40 album chart after 44weeks so you could be right.

IsThisHappiness 15-01-2015 16:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by anthony david (Post 76462283)
A Perfect Contradiction is at number 6 in the latest BBC top 40 album chart after 44weeks so you could be right.

Most people a month or two back were saying it would be between...
George Ezra
Royal Blood
Sam Smith
Ed Sheeran
Coldaplay

for the album nominations, but I really see her getting a nomination!

I hope she gets best female though, that would mean a lot to her!

Hav_mor91 15-01-2015 17:23

Congrats on her nomination if Jessie Ware has to lose to somebody I'm happy for it to be paloma. As for APC getting a nom for BBA I'm not sure, it's an album I enjoy but nothing special and far from her best. It's a bit pedestrian though if Ed and sam get noms it'll fit in with those two :D.

IsThisHappiness 15-01-2015 22:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hav_mor91 (Post 76463864)
Congrats on her nomination if Jessie Ware has to lose to somebody I'm happy for it to be paloma. As for APC getting a nom for BBA I'm not sure, it's an album I enjoy but nothing special and far from her best. It's a bit pedestrian though if Ed and sam get noms it'll fit in with those two :D.

I would be happy if Jessie Ware won too, she's truly brilliant.

I hope it's not Ella Henderson though - she's talented but she's not been round long enough for a BRIT award, I don't think. Paloma has worked hard every year with less promotion than Ella and still manages to sell much more!

Hav_mor91 16-01-2015 18:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by IsThisHappiness (Post 76470280)
I would be happy if Jessie Ware won too, she's truly brilliant.

I hope it's not Ella Henderson though - she's talented but she's not been round long enough for a BRIT award, I don't think. Paloma has worked hard every year with less promotion than Ella and still manages to sell much more!

I think its a dead cert like Ellie last year its just her time. She has been wholly consistent Nd with OLCHLT and changing she has transcended to the mainstream properly at home and abroad. So I think she's deserves it.

anthony david 11-02-2015 16:28

She is on Jamie and Jimmy's Friday Night Feast this Friday, Channel 4 8pm. She is cooking Portuguese salt cod a dish from her childhood.

Thom001 11-02-2015 17:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by IsThisHappiness (Post 76470280)
I would be happy if Jessie Ware won too, she's truly brilliant.

I hope it's not Ella Henderson though - she's talented but she's not been round long enough for a BRIT award, I don't think. Paloma has worked hard every year with less promotion than Ella and still manages to sell much more!

I agree, Ella has to prove herself in the long run, particularly when the time comes for that 'second album'. :D

Paloma on the other hand has been around for a couple of years now. I first remember seeing her on Jools Holland doing the song, New York. Both she and Paolo stole the show for me on the Hootenanny at the New Year; Ed Sheeran just couldn't compete! :D

anthony david 14-02-2015 14:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thom001 (Post 76926460)
I agree, Ella has to prove herself in the long run, particularly when the time comes for that 'second album'. :D

Paloma on the other hand has been around for a couple of years now. I first remember seeing her on Jools Holland doing the song, New York. Both she and Paolo stole the show for me on the Hootenanny at the New Year; Ed Sheeran just couldn't compete! :D

Longer than that, Do You Want The Truth... came out in2009.

IsThisHappiness 28-02-2015 14:11

Yay she won the BRIT! Brilliant :D


All times are GMT. The time now is 22:23.