Digital Spy Forums

Digital Spy Forums (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/index.php)
-   Movies (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Looper - Bruce Willis, Joseph Gordon-Levitt (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1643914)

Deserana 12 23-03-2012 01:09

Looper - Bruce Willis, Joseph Gordon-Levitt
 
Any idea when a trailer for this will air!?!?!

Apparently one was shown at WonderCon but NO ONE recorded it.

This article from IGN gives more detail about the plot

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/122/1221028p1.html

It's also directed by Rian Johnson the Director of Brick (a fantastic high-school noir also starring Levitt)

Red22 23-03-2012 12:09

Here's one of Rian's tweets https://twitter.com/rcjohnso/status/182519726835122177 says the trailer might be out on April 14th

Steve AWOL 23-04-2012 15:08

Does look like it could be worth a look...

Looper - Official Teaser Trailer (HD) - YouTube

degsyhufc 23-04-2012 17:30

Strange to see someone asking when a trailer will be released and not the film.

Deserana 12 23-04-2012 18:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by degsyhufc (Post 57824097)
Strange to see someone asking when a trailer will be released and not the film.

Because the release date is the 28th September.......

Why is it strange?

MrSuper 15-09-2012 21:40

This is a good year for JGL.

Empire have given Looper 5/5 review. The last film that received 5 stars from them was The Dark Knight Rises and who was in that, you got it, JGL! Looper is getting rave reviews.

The Dark Knight Rises, Premium Rush, Looper and Lincoln all in 2012. Not bad going.

stvn758 16-09-2012 06:42

Looks good, interesting concept.

PhoenixRises 16-09-2012 09:51

I got my email for Cineworld for a special screening of this film on the 24th I might actually go to this one as it does look to be an interesting story. It has a feel of a Philip K Dick story so it might be quite good.

MissDexter 16-09-2012 10:04

If the reviews are anything to go by it's going to be one of the best sci-fi action films in recent years.

JG-L looks very different in it - strange make up to look like a young BW.

stvn758 17-09-2012 03:04

Glad to see him getting good roles still, that Sky Broadband advert made me cringe a little. Just watched Hostage again, forgot what a great film it was.

muggins14 18-09-2012 23:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by stvn758 (Post 61169771)
Glad to see him getting good roles still, that Sky Broadband advert made me cringe a little. Just watched Hostage again, forgot what a great film it was.

Isn't that ad terrible lol.

Bruce gets better as he gets older!

JCR 19-09-2012 03:28

Getting raved about, 5 stars from Empire, from Kim Newman no less & 5 from Total Film.

MrSuper 25-09-2012 15:48

Out this Friday with a 4/5 score from DS.

Stansfield 25-09-2012 16:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by stvn758 (Post 61169771)
Glad to see him getting good roles still, that Sky Broadband advert made me cringe a little. Just watched Hostage again, forgot what a great film it was.

Last couple of film, I've seen him in, for me, were awful...The Cold Light of Day and Lay the Favorite....
Loving the Ad.


Looper looks good.:cool:

Ataraxia 26-09-2012 08:39

Looks good.

Bruce Willis and Joseph Gordon-Levitt though, i think the only outcome was a good film :p

IrishColinC 27-09-2012 14:02

Cool I love time travel films, must see Looper!

bigviv 27-09-2012 14:26

watched it on Monday

i really enjoyed it

some very very interesting concepts explored including time travel

won't say anymore - worth a watch or two

PunksNotDead 28-09-2012 20:59

Interesting film first half was great second half not so much
Spoiler
As I say interesting film might get better with rewatch:)

Rincewind78 28-09-2012 21:15

It was good, better then most futuristic/time travel movies of late, but it certainly isn't "this decades Matrix" like I saw quoted on the poster on side of a bus recently.

PunksNotDead 28-09-2012 21:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rincewind78 (Post 61376223)
It was good, better then most futuristic/time travel movies of late, but it certainly isn't "this decades Matrix" like I saw quoted on the poster on side of a bus recently.

According to this article it may be deemed best time travel movie of all time:eek:

Rincewind78 28-09-2012 21:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by PunksNotDead (Post 61376468)
According to this article it may be deemed best time travel movie of all time:eek:

I may have to politely disagree with that article :D

Rincewind78 28-09-2012 21:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by PunksNotDead (Post 61375835)
Interesting film first half was great second half not so much
Spoiler
As I say interesting film might get better with rewatch:)


Spoiler

EVILSPEAK 28-09-2012 21:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by PunksNotDead (Post 61376468)
According to this article it may be deemed best time travel movie of all time:eek:

Looper looks seriously awesome but the best time travel movie will always be Time After Time.

Rincewind78 28-09-2012 21:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVILSPEAK (Post 61377060)
Looper looks seriously awesome but the best time travel movie will always be Time After Time.

Back To The Future gets my vote

PunksNotDead 28-09-2012 21:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rincewind78 (Post 61377046)
Spoiler

Spoiler


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 00:26.