Digital Spy Forums

Digital Spy Forums (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/index.php)
-   Showbiz (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   What's the attraction with Harry Styles? (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1739647)

Vodka_Drinka 29-09-2012 13:22

What's the attraction with Harry Styles?
 
I was watching One Direction on Chatty Man last night, and it struck me that Harry Styles is not in the slightest biy attractive or charismatic. I've never thought he was anything special looks wise, but wondered if maybe he had some kind of mangetic personality, because there has to be some reason as to why women of 10+ years his senior would even want to have a relationship with him. But no, he's actually rather dull and didn't seem to say very much for himself, he's just an ordinary, greasy haired, spotty teenage boy like millions of others around the country. Nothing special at all. Can someone perhaps explain the attraction towards him?

Delboy219 29-09-2012 13:28

Lots of tv exposure. his group got REALLY famous, and he has quite a bit of money.

Saw a young lad today working in McDonalds who looked just like Styles. No young ladies were queuing behind him trying to get his attention.

bluie2103 29-09-2012 13:32

My daughter is obsessed with 1D, but not that bothered about Harry. Personally I think Louis and Zayn are far more attractive and would go as far as to say I think Niall and Liam are better-looking that he is too. I think he's very arrogant, don't think that it's that doesn't have much to say for himself, more than he thinks it's cool to be silent and moody :(

Vodka_Drinka 29-09-2012 13:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delboy219 (Post 61383811)
Lots of tv exposure. his group got REALLY famous, and he has quite a bit of money.

Saw a young lad today working in McDonalds who looked just like Styles. No young ladies were queuing behind him trying to get his attention.

Yes, but if this is the case then why don't the other members of the band get the same kind of attention?

Delboy219 29-09-2012 13:36

Girls have to pick a favourite? It's usually the case.

RAINBOWGIRL22 29-09-2012 13:49

It makes my skin crawl to think that women my age (32) have shagged him??? :eek: :eek:

Caroline Flack should be ashamed of herself!

Geneve 29-09-2012 14:02

Ugh yeah I don't get him.

Delboy219 29-09-2012 14:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAINBOWGIRL22 (Post 61384058)
It makes my skin crawl to think that women my age (32) have shagged him??? :eek: :eek:

Caroline Flack should be ashamed of herself!

I remember when i was a kid, an older woman, a friend of my sisters, saw a group of lads my age, (mid teens at the time) and she said "oh my god, wee teen boys are so sexy these days"

I never forgot that line coming out of an adults mouth, and that's what i think of whenever i see Caroline Flack on tv.

Vodka_Drinka 29-09-2012 14:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAINBOWGIRL22 (Post 61384058)
It makes my skin crawl to think that women my age (32) have shagged him??? :eek: :eek:

Caroline Flack should be ashamed of herself!

I agree. He was barely out of school wasn't he, 16. So icky. Whenever I see a 16/17 year old boy I think he's just that, a boy. The thought of sleeping with one makes me feel physically ill. It always makes my stomach turn when I see women in the 20's and older letching over the 1D boys, they are still kids.

Saltydog1955 29-09-2012 14:17

He's a muppet along with his bandmates.

I shudder at the thought of him horizontal jogging with Caroline Flack! :p

Sloopy 29-09-2012 14:23

He just looks like a slightly goofy, average teenager, even younger than his actual age - which makes women in their thirties who find him attractive even more unfathomable. Can't they get a bloke their own age?? Because that's what it looks like.

kimberleycat 29-09-2012 14:27

He would've been 17. Not much better I know. Some people think it's not true anyway.

Delboy219 29-09-2012 14:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sloopy (Post 61384460)
He just looks like a slightly goofy, average teenager, even younger than his actual age - which makes women in their thirties who find him attractive even more unfathomable. Can't they get a bloke their own age?? Because that's what it looks like.

Makes these women look like pedophiles.

What? Someone had to say it.

Hit Em Up Style 29-09-2012 14:38

He looks like a young Mick Jagger so I can deffo see the attraction. He could almost be Mick's lovechild.

Saltydog1955 29-09-2012 15:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delboy219 (Post 61384600)
Makes these women look like pedophiles.

What? Someone had to say it.

Not technically paedophila, but ephebophilia. ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ephebophilia

Delboy219 29-09-2012 15:01

Cheers man. Now, lets hear you pronounce it. :p

Saltydog1955 29-09-2012 15:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delboy219 (Post 61384885)
Cheers man. Now, lets hear you pronounce it. :p


It's eff-hee-bo-fillia. :D

Vodka_Drinka 29-09-2012 15:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hit Em Up Style (Post 61384638)
He looks like a young Mick Jagger so I can deffo see the attraction. He could almost be Mick's lovechild.

But Mick Jagger is ugly:confused:

Moggio 29-09-2012 15:21

I'd bum him.

After Louis though.

Harry Redknapp 29-09-2012 15:24

No he isn't. He's old.. There's nothing wrong with his looks

SillyBillyGoat 29-09-2012 15:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAINBOWGIRL22 (Post 61384058)
It makes my skin crawl to think that women my age (32) have shagged him??? :eek: :eek:

Caroline Flack should be ashamed of herself!

Get real, she didn't break any laws.

Don't let me halt the witch hunt though. Got your pitchfork ready? Comfortable sat up high on that horse?

Delboy219 29-09-2012 15:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moggio (Post 61385107)
I'd bum him.

After Louis though.

You've gotta respect this kind of honesty. :)

dee123 29-09-2012 15:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vodka_Drinka (Post 61383719)
I was watching One Direction on Chatty Man last night, and it struck me that Harry Styles is not in the slightest biy attractive or charismatic. I've never thought he was anything special looks wise, but wondered if maybe he had some kind of mangetic personality, because there has to be some reason as to why women of 10+ years his senior would even want to have a relationship with him. But no, he's actually rather dull and didn't seem to say very much for himself, he's just an ordinary, greasy haired, spotty teenage boy like millions of others around the country. Nothing special at all. Can someone perhaps explain the attraction towards him?

He's the flavour of the week.

Hit Em Up Style 29-09-2012 15:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vodka_Drinka (Post 61384942)
But Mick Jagger is ugly:confused:

When he was younger he wasn't. Plus he doesn't look in bad shape now for his age.

Delightful person you seem to be !

Vodka_Drinka 29-09-2012 15:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hit Em Up Style (Post 61385278)
When he was younger he wasn't. Plus he doesn't look in bad shape now for his age.

Delightful person you seem to be !

Because I don't think Mick Jagger is good looking? Ok then:confused:


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 13:44.