Digital Spy Forums

Digital Spy Forums (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/index.php)
-   Showbiz (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Halle Berry can't move daughter to France says judge (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1756933)

whatever54 10-11-2012 12:12

Halle Berry can't move daughter to France says judge

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...iel-Aubry.html

right decision IMO, little girl always looks very happy with her daddy. I would hope the parents look at getting privacy for their daughter now so her face is pixellated, the paps seem to lose interest a bit then

Moonbean 10-11-2012 12:37

It does seem like the right decision: Gabriel has a point, as it would be hard to stay a big part of his daughter's life if he had to travel thousands of miles just to be with her.

dee123 10-11-2012 12:47

Good. I really don't like her anymore.

whatever54 10-11-2012 12:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by dee123 (Post 62236423)
Good. I really don't like her anymore.

:D:D she does seem to have that effect on people and come across as a bit of a mean witch. As I said in original post I hope she does something about this privacy thing & nips it in bud (well bit late but better late than never).

Blondie X 10-11-2012 13:16

Beautiful woman but she always comes across as either a nasty piece of work or just plain batsh*t crazy

Demizdeeroolz 10-11-2012 13:16

I wonder if she is disliked purely because she is engaged to St.Kylie's ex...

Blondie X 10-11-2012 13:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demizdeeroolz (Post 62236812)

Not by me as I had no idea about that but then I'm no fan of Kylie either

whatever54 10-11-2012 13:28

Quote:

not by me either, just don't like the way she has tried to prize the dad out of her daughters life

Like an Onion 10-11-2012 13:32

Quote:

Nope... I never had much of an opinion of her before the custody battle... but anybody who tries as hard as she did to deny the other parent of their right to have a relationship with a much loved child is despicable imo.

Then when she failed to limit the father's access she decided to remove the child to Paris... the it's to protect her from the paparazzi story is so pathetic it is unreal... because France is well known for its privacy laws and even better known for the pitiful 'punishments' for those that flout them.

This is spite pure and simple imo HB doesn't see why she should have to share her daughter... which makes her an appalling parent who cannot put her daughter's feelings before her own... personally that is why I don't like her... I couldn't care less who she is dating.

whatever54 10-11-2012 13:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Like an Onion (Post 62237023)
Nope... I never had much of an opinion of her before the custody battle... but anybody who tries as hard as she did to deny the other parent of their right to have a relationship with a much loved child is despicable imo.

Then when she failed to limit the father's access she decided to remove the child to Paris... the it's to protect her from the paparazzi story is so pathetic it is unreal... because France is well known for its privacy laws and even better known for the pitiful 'punishments' for those that flout them.

This is spite pure and simple imo HB doesn't see why she should have to share her daughter... which makes her an appalling parent who cannot put her daughter's feelings before her own... personally that is why I don't like her... I couldn't care less who she is dating.

totally agree, I get the impression she's a bit of a control freak

shelleyj89 10-11-2012 13:41

To want to move their child away from her father, who is heavily involved in her life, was bang out of order IMO. This is the right decision for me.

Nahla always looks so happy with Gabriel, I wonder if Halle stopped to think about her feelings in all of this. I'm sure she'd have been devastated to have been separated from her father.

LnMidna 10-11-2012 15:36

If it was about privacy, surely just moving out of LA would do the trick?

Sloopy 10-11-2012 16:09

She may be considered a 'beauty' but at what cost would a man get involved with her? She comes across as cold, hard and selfish in gaining what she wants out of a situation.

It smacks of an attitude that she's got her child and to hell with the father, as if he were just an inconvenience along the way. If he's a good, competent father then he has every right to see his daughter on a regular basis.

Mehitabel 10-11-2012 17:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by LnMidna (Post 62238710)
If it was about privacy, surely just moving out of LA would do the trick?

Indeed. And even that might not be necessary. There are loads of LA based celebrity children who never (or rarely) show up in the media.

kakieanne 10-11-2012 19:53

Halle appears to be full of hatred and anger with a real nasty streak. She has tried every trick in the book to try and get Gabriel out of her daughter's life. The judge made the right decision. But somehow, I think that this battle will just go on and on. It's very sad for everyone involved.

duffsdad 10-11-2012 20:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by whatever54 (Post 62236977)
not by me either, just don't like the way she has tried to prize the dad out of her daughters life

Yes, she has behaved appallingly in all this.

Sweet FA 10-11-2012 21:38

Good. Besides, it's only a matter of time before her current relationship breaks down and the serial bad relationship victim starts bleating how badly she was treated in it.:yawn:

Demizdeeroolz 10-11-2012 23:12

I don't see why she's getting so much bad press, it's not like she's the only star to do it. Madonna and Kate Winslet are the first that spring to mind but there must be a lot more who have split with the father of their children and live in different countries.

Jerrica09 10-11-2012 23:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demizdeeroolz (Post 62255058)
I don't see why she's getting so much bad press, it's not like she's the only star to do it. Madonna and Kate Winslet are the first that spring to mind but there must be a lot more who have split with the father of their children and live in different countries.

But in their cases, we have to assume things were arranged amicably. There were no court cases (as far as I know). Plus I believe both their ex husbands were wealthy in their own right and able to travel abroad easily and often.

Mehitabel 11-11-2012 00:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerrica09 (Post 62256056)
But in their cases, we have to assume things were arranged amicably. There were no court cases (as far as I know). Plus I believe both their ex husbands were wealthy in their own right and able to travel abroad easily and often.

And they may not want to be as involved in their children's lives as Nahla's father wants to be. Not to mention the repeated reports that Halle is verging on bat-$hit crazy. For all their other issues, Madonna and Winslet seem to be relatively sensible parents who don't air their relationship problems in public or in the courts.Things seem to be settled quietly, if not amicably.

Cyclist 11-11-2012 00:47

Shock! Film star people fancy might not be entirely nice!

dee123 11-11-2012 08:55

Quote:

Nope i don't like her because she's proven herself to be a raving loon.

The Prumeister 11-11-2012 11:31

Well, at least she seems to have stopped drink driving these days;)

tinkerbell987 12-11-2012 12:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Like an Onion (Post 62237023)

totally agree with this. i dislike her purely for the way she has acted towards the father of her child.

tinkerbell987 12-11-2012 12:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerrica09 (Post 62256056)

not sure if Kate's first husband is wealthy but i agree the fact we haven't heard any negative press means they must have sorted it out amicably, unless there's a gagging order of course.