Digital Spy Forums

Digital Spy Forums (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/index.php)
-   Cable (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   How much is your current Virgin package? (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1759835)

Clank007 17-11-2012 10:39

How much is your current Virgin package?
 
Hi,
With all this talk of price increases I thought it might be interesting for us Virgin customers to compare their current monthly packages/prices.

My package is:
BB 20MB (doubled from 10MB for free)
TV XL
Phone - eve/w/e calls free
Tivo box
Virgin HD box in bedroom

My monthly payment is 52/month.

This price is post reduction by retentions about 6 months ago.

I thought this was a very good deal until I compared with my neighbour who pays 8 less for the same deal but with 60MB BB.

jazzyjake 17-11-2012 10:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clank007 (Post 62388388)
Hi,
With all this talk of price increases I thought it might be interesting for us Virgin customers to compare their current monthly packages/prices.

My package is:
BB 20MB (doubled from 10MB for free)
TV XL
Phone - eve/w/e calls free
Tivo box
Virgin HD box in bedroom

My monthly payment is 52/month.

This price is post reduction by retentions about 6 months ago.

I thought this was a very good deal until I compared with my neighbour who pays 8 less for the same deal but with 60MB BB.

I think i am getting bumped with mine. I have only been on Virgin for like 2 weeks but here is what we get....

60MB Broadband

XL anytime phone calls.
We also have call waiting, caller display and calls to 08 numbers.

We pay 35 for the first 6 months and then it goes up to 42 after 6 months.

It does seem expensive when we do not have any TV package.

Steven L Hunter 17-11-2012 14:57

I pay 39.50 for M+TV with V+HD and 30Mb Broadband

iMacMan 17-11-2012 19:38

Tivo XL x 2
60mb BBI
XL phone

14

Dave23 17-11-2012 19:50

Feeling a bit ripped of by Virgin, I feel a phone call to retentions coming on. I have

2 x V+
TV XL
60Mb broadband
Phone weekends
Paying 67.40 and now they want another 4.34 from February :mad:

Clank007 17-11-2012 19:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by iMacMan (Post 62398268)
Tivo XL x 2
60mb BBI
XL phone

14

That is quite simply impossible

steven123 17-11-2012 20:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clank007 (Post 62399017)
That is quite simply impossible

might be possible if s/he works for VM, as employees can get massive reductions (found out when I was applying for a job there some months ago), actually was part of my motivation for applying in the first place :D

steven123 17-11-2012 20:21

I am very pleased with my current package which is TV XL with Tivo and V+, BB L (30MB) and Phone XL with caller display, all for 50pm but I actually pay closer to 36pm as I took out the line rental saver (very highly recommended) which can save you a good 40+ in a a year.

Very good value indeed IMHO, just hope it doesn't get spoiled with a heftty price hike in Feb.

R410 17-11-2012 20:40

TV L
BB L (20Mb, used to be 10Mb)

36.50

iMacMan 18-11-2012 18:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by steven123 (Post 62400062)
might be possible if s/he works for VM, as employees can get massive reductions (found out when I was applying for a job there some months ago), actually was part of my motivation for applying in the first place :D

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

pjcd1970 18-11-2012 23:01

Bundle Charges
Loyalty Pack B B/ Phone/TV B TV Size: X L
TiVo Monthly Fee Broadband Size: M
Bundle Charges total 34.50
Phone line rental
Telephone Line Rental
Phone line rental total 13.90
Your package total 48.40

Nick_DK 18-11-2012 23:18

Talk Unlimited
TV XL
V+ HD Monthly Fee
1 Additional V Box
Tivo Monthly Fee
Broadband XL
Telephone Line Rental
SkySports/Movie packeges.

91.71 after a 9 loyalty discount.

sps1013 19-11-2012 12:03

Im peeved off for starters. Joined Virgin at the beginning of November as it was a good price.

I now find out that the Premiere Collection is going up by 4.09.

I should have stayed with Sky, hindsight!!

Incidentally, did Virgin announce at all whether Sky Sports etc will be increasing?

smiler52 19-11-2012 12:06

mine is

VIP Collection

I pay 112.15

evesham 19-11-2012 15:23

mines 40.40 atm before price increase of 3.10 in Feb.

XL 60MB Broadband
XL Talk Unlimited Phone
M+ TV

blueisthecolour 19-11-2012 17:06

Phone M
BB 60mb
TV XL
Tivo + VHD box
Sky Sports Package

Mates rates - 70.50

VMRocks 20-11-2012 09:18

BB 60mb

PHONE M

COST 24.90

PRICE INCREASE 2.86

Rorschach 20-11-2012 09:39

Talk Unlimited
TV Size: XL
1 Additional V Box
V+ HD Monthly Fee
Broadband XL (30)

Bundle Charges total 57.56

Telephone Line Rental 13.90

Your package total 71.46

My BB is still to be increased to 60 but whilst at the beginning of the year it said "October 2012 to January 2013" a couple of months ago it changed to "Your speed upgrade is going to take a little longer - May 2013 to August 2013" :(

I first signed up with NTL who then got absorbed by Virgin so I've been here for years and never had any new customer or retention deals.

sebastion 20-11-2012 12:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rorschach (Post 62460858)
Talk Unlimited
TV Size: XL
1 Additional V Box
V+ HD Monthly Fee
Broadband XL (30)

Bundle Charges total 57.56

Telephone Line Rental 13.90

Your package total 71.46

My BB is still to be increased to 60 but whilst at the beginning of the year it said "October 2012 to January 2013" a couple of months ago it changed to "Your speed upgrade is going to take a little longer - May 2013 to August 2013" :(

I first signed up with NTL who then got absorbed by Virgin so I've been here for years and never had any new customer or retention deals.

I would be on the phone to CS and request going on the Premier Collection @ 58.90. (line rental added)

jazzyjake 20-11-2012 18:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by evesham (Post 62444392)
mines 40.40 atm before price increase of 3.10 in Feb.

XL 60MB Broadband
XL Talk Unlimited Phone
M+ TV

I am a relitively new customer and our deal is not as good as yours. Do you have discount?

I get 60MB broadband and Unlimited phone (with call waiting, caller display and Talk 08)

We pay 35 at the moment, which will go up to 42 a month after 6 months and we don't have any tv package :eek:

Gary of Beeston 20-11-2012 22:08

I only have broadband 'L', at 22.50 per month (e-billing, direct debit), which is due to go up to 23.65 in Feb. I don't want or need a landline phone, and most of the TV is irrelevant. Wouldn't mind the HD channels and a decent recorder, but to get that I'd probably have to get all the crap I don't want.

Gary

citizenx103 21-11-2012 06:10

Bundle Charges
Talk International 2
Talk Mobile 2
Talk Unlimited TV Size: X L
1 Additional V Box V HD
TiVo Monthly Fee
Triple Bundle Saving Broadband XL(30)
Mates Rates

Bundle Charges total 30.61

Phone line rental total 13.90

Your package total 44.51

fossilbear 21-11-2012 07:25

Tivo Box
TV Size: XL
Broadband XL (3Omb)
Talk Weekends
63.40
Seems a bit expensive to me :confused:

Ernie_C 21-11-2012 09:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by citizenx103 (Post 62478619)
Bundle Charges
Talk International 2
Talk Mobile 2
Talk Unlimited TV Size: X L
1 Additional V Box V HD
TiVo Monthly Fee
Triple Bundle Saving Broadband XL(30)
Mates Rates

Bundle Charges total 30.61

Phone line rental total 13.90

Your package total 44.51

I really do wish that those that are fortunate to have a friend or family member work for Virgin Media would refrain from posting Mates Rates prices on here.

It is of no value to the majority who have to pay real rates for their services.

blueisthecolour 21-11-2012 10:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ernie_C (Post 62479743)
I really do wish that those that are fortunate to have a friend or family member work for Virgin Media would refrain from posting Mates Rates prices on here.

It is of no value to the majority who have to pay real rates for their services.

The last time I checked this was a discussion forum and thread was asking us to post our package cost. So that is what we've done.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:50.