Digital Spy Forums

Digital Spy Forums (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/index.php)
-   Movies (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Django Unchained (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1772581)

Jamesdawn 17-12-2012 11:45

Django Unchained
 
Django Unchained is the movie which i wanna watch it. I have to wait for some more days. Leonardo DiCaprio is my favorite hero.

arlen2411 17-12-2012 12:36

I've just saw a trailer in the cinema. Looks to be a quite good movie, if someone likes westerns in current edition (sex, explosions etc).

JCR 17-12-2012 13:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamesdawn (Post 63030382)
I have to wait for some more days. Leonardo DiCaprio is my favorite hero.

That's a shame, considering he's the villain in Django. ;)

Delboy219 17-12-2012 14:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamesdawn (Post 63030382)
Django Unchained is the movie which i wanna watch it. I have to wait for some more days. Leonardo DiCaprio is my favorite hero.

A film about slavery, with Jamie Foxx playing Django, and you assume Leo is playing a hero? LOL.

Jamesdawn 19-12-2012 05:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCR (Post 63031819)
That's a shame, considering he's the villain in Django. ;)

Dont be shame, he is a good actor. I am sure in this movie we will see him in a new avatar.

TOONARMY12 19-12-2012 10:26

They cancelled the premiere last night because of the Conneticut shootings.

JasonWatkins 19-12-2012 10:56

Tarantino bugs me in this sense. He puts out really good trailers that make me want to see the film but then, if Inglorious Basterds is anything to go by, the film turns out to be utter crap.

So I do want to see this, but I'm certainly wondering if i'll like it.

Starry Eyed 05-01-2013 01:23

I can't wait to see it. Tarantino is my God, and I adore DiCaprio as well.

EVILSPEAK 05-01-2013 19:18

Can you say "For Your Consideration"?

JasonWatkins 05-01-2013 22:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVILSPEAK (Post 63377089)
Can you say "For Your Consideration"?

I certainly can :cool:

JasonWatkins 06-01-2013 00:25

Well now. It appears i don't hate westerns any more ;)

The Terminator 06-01-2013 00:29

It gets my vote.

JasonWatkins 06-01-2013 00:47

It's not at the level of pulp fiction or (for me personally) jackie brown, but it's infinitely better than the steaming great pile of shite that was 'inglorious basterds'.

i loved the exchange ..

Spoiler


Laughed out loud at that one :)

chloeb 06-01-2013 11:20

Brilliant to see Don Johnson in a mainstream movie at last. Only a small role, but good to see.

icicletusk 06-01-2013 15:33

Christoph Waltz was amazing and kind of over shadowed what I thought would be Leo as the best performance in the movie. Fantastic film.

Scooterwolf 13-01-2013 17:46

Superb film, 2hrs 45min flew by.

I'm sure the Australian near the end was the bloke that played the killer in Wolf Creek.

CJClarke 13-01-2013 18:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scooterwolf (Post 63551864)
I'm sure the Australian near the end was the bloke that played the killer in Wolf Creek.

It was (he's called John Jarratt). I believe QT has previously said that he's a fan of Jarratt's performance in Wolf Creek.

rachelright 14-01-2013 12:38

One thing about this film that is mentioned in this interview with Kerry Washington - Usually Tarantino has strong woman in his films but this time the main female character is more damsel in distress - Which is kind of refreshing really for a Tarantino Film

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNJT3...ture=youtu.be#

treme 14-01-2013 12:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonWatkins (Post 63068345)
Tarantino bugs me in this sense. He puts out really good trailers that make me want to see the film but then, if Inglorious Basterds is anything to go by, the film turns out to be utter crap.

So I do want to see this, but I'm certainly wondering if i'll like it.

What didn't you like about Basterds? I thought it was good. Ticked all the Tarantino boxes for me anyway.

Lady Spice 16-01-2013 06:49

Saw this yesterday.

I also saw Ingolrious Basterds last week.

I'm not sure how I feel about QT's style of directing. On the positive side (though this can be seen as negative,) there's never any doubt that you're watching a Tarantino film. His is such a signature style, which is completely unique.

I haven't seen all of his films. Seen Pulp Fiction (of course,) Jackie Brown, From Dusk Til Dawn, Reservoir Dogs, and now Django Unchained and Inglorious Basterds.

Django is nominated for an Oscar to win Best Picture as was Inglorious Basterds. This is where I come a little unstuck. Whilst I find his movies entertaining and all, I can't see what makes them stand out enough to warrant the highest accolades that they are nominated for. I'm talking specifically about the actual films, and not about the acting performances. To me, his movies are almost spoofs of the subject matter. Enjoyable, yes, (if you can get past all the graphic violence, which for me is not enjoyable, but I get that it's all part and parcel of a QT film, so I deal with it,) entertaining, yes. But Oscar worthy? I just don't see why.

I know that the QT fans will probably crucify me for stating the above, but actually, I really want an insight as to what it is that the industry sees that obviously I do not.

ninz39 18-01-2013 00:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady Spice (Post 63612452)
Saw this yesterday.

I also saw Ingolrious Basterds last week.

I'm not sure how I feel about QT's style of directing. On the positive side (though this can be seen as negative,) there's never any doubt that you're watching a Tarantino film. His is such a signature style, which is completely unique.

I haven't seen all of his films. Seen Pulp Fiction (of course,) Jackie Brown, From Dusk Til Dawn, Reservoir Dogs, and now Django Unchained and Inglorious Basterds.

Django is nominated for an Oscar to win Best Picture as was Inglorious Basterds. This is where I come a little unstuck. Whilst I find his movies entertaining and all, I can't see what makes them stand out enough to warrant the highest accolades that they are nominated for. I'm talking specifically about the actual films, and not about the acting performances. To me, his movies are almost spoofs of the subject matter. Enjoyable, yes, (if you can get past all the graphic violence, which for me is not enjoyable, but I get that it's all part and parcel of a QT film, so I deal with it,) entertaining, yes. But Oscar worthy? I just don't see why.

I know that the QT fans will probably crucify me for stating the above, but actually, I really want an insight as to what it is that the industry sees that obviously I do not.

Yes I have to agree, I enjoyed the film but I thought it was a cross between a spaghetti western and blazing saddles and given the bloody violence of a qt film...

rachelright 18-01-2013 17:18

It does have some sort of message to it though, well kind of about slavery, as Samuel L Jackson discusses in this interview and has in others as well....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URlB2eyKDAM

JEFF62 18-01-2013 17:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady Spice (Post 63612452)
Saw this yesterday.

I also saw Ingolrious Basterds last week.

I'm not sure how I feel about QT's style of directing. On the positive side (though this can be seen as negative,) there's never any doubt that you're watching a Tarantino film. His is such a signature style, which is completely unique.

I haven't seen all of his films. Seen Pulp Fiction (of course,) Jackie Brown, From Dusk Til Dawn, Reservoir Dogs, and now Django Unchained and Inglorious Basterds.

Django is nominated for an Oscar to win Best Picture as was Inglorious Basterds. This is where I come a little unstuck. Whilst I find his movies entertaining and all, I can't see what makes them stand out enough to warrant the highest accolades that they are nominated for. I'm talking specifically about the actual films, and not about the acting performances. To me, his movies are almost spoofs of the subject matter. Enjoyable, yes, (if you can get past all the graphic violence, which for me is not enjoyable, but I get that it's all part and parcel of a QT film, so I deal with it,) entertaining, yes. But Oscar worthy? I just don't see why.

I know that the QT fans will probably crucify me for stating the above, but actually, I really want an insight as to what it is that the industry sees that obviously I do not.


You should really see the two Kill Bill films. I think Kill Bill Volume One is excellent. Really cool film.

stripedcat 18-01-2013 19:04

It has got mostly positive reviews(I am planning on seeing it next week). Mark Kermode gave it a sort of mixed review, he said it was too long and QT's cameo went down like a lead balloon.

Of QT's past output I liked : Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown(okay, but perhaps a change of pace for QT) and Inglorious B@stards(a bit overlong and why do you need Samuel L. Jackson doing a voiceover in a WW2 movie).

I didn't like both Kill Bills. I haven't seen Deathproof.

Lady Spice 18-01-2013 21:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by JEFF62 (Post 63665164)
You should really see the two Kill Bill films. I think Kill Bill Volume One is excellent. Really cool film.

I think the reason I never watched either of the Kill Bills is basically down to the titles. The gratuitous violence in Tarantino movies is actually the thing that puts me off his films, so when it's all like right there in the title, it makes me want to steer clear.

I've never heard anything about either film to tell me that they are not just complete gore-fests, but I might give them a go one day.


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:51.