Digital Spy Forums

Digital Spy Forums (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/index.php)
-   Football (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Scottish Fitba Thread (Part 21) (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1776907)

DS Forum Support 29-12-2012 23:06

Scottish Fitba Thread (Part 21)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by misawa97 (Post 63246751)
Hampden should never of been built. Waste of money and wasn't needed at all.

[LIST]Admin Notice: This thread is a continuation of: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1695333[/LIST]

Caltonfan 29-12-2012 23:49

New thread but I guess there will be a continuation of the same old bollox so I will get it started on a positive note Morton are top of the league :D

bhoy07 29-12-2012 23:53

Hampden should never have been renovated, it should've been demolished and rebuilt without the oval.

timboy 30-12-2012 00:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhoy07 (Post 63247807)
Hampden should never have been renovated, it should've been demolished and rebuilt without the oval.

Yeah, should have been rebuilt with 2 tiers all the way around and the stands much closer to the pitch.

TrebleKing 30-12-2012 11:13

Of course Scotland needs a national stadium. It's just that we needed a much better one than the shambles that Hampden Park is. It's too small, has poor facilities, poor views of the pitch and is in too much of a built up area. The renovation was done very poorly indeed.

pedrok 30-12-2012 11:21

Just for the poster on the old thread, yes the team currently playing in Div 3 known as Rangers is a new club, that is why they are in Div 3. And as for it being 'hatred', you are a fool.

And of course Hampden should never have been renovated, a total waste of money.

Callum Collum 30-12-2012 11:38

What is the point in starting up the tiresome "new club" routine again?

As for Hampden, I'm not sure anyone really likes it. I certainly don't.

bcdee 30-12-2012 11:43

Will Dundee sack Barry Smith or give him money to strengthen the team?

pedrok 30-12-2012 12:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Callum Collum (Post 63251987)
What is the point in starting up the tiresome "new club" routine again?

As for Hampden, I'm not sure anyone really likes it. I certainly don't.

It is very important, the media and guys like Green are attempting to convince us that this club is the old club. Yet it is not. The truth is always important and when lies are told they should always be confronted and corrected.

Caltonfan 30-12-2012 12:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcdee (Post 63252038)
Will Dundee sack Barry Smith or give him money to strengthen the team?

Do they have money to spend?

Callum Collum 30-12-2012 12:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcdee (Post 63252038)
Will Dundee sack Barry Smith or give him money to strengthen the team?

Probably neither. Though I'm far from an expert on Dundee.

Is it Smith's fault? Could they realistically get somebody in to get more out of the players?

Callum Collum 30-12-2012 12:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedrok (Post 63252301)
It is very important, the media and guys like Green are attempting to convince us that this club is the old club. Yet it is not. The truth is always important and when lies are told they should always be confronted and corrected.

You're a crusader for truth then. Aye, OK.

Callum Collum 30-12-2012 12:16

Michel Platini seems to have written off Celtic v Juve. He is quoted as saying, “After being drawn against Celtic we can already consider Juve to be in the quarter-finals. Juventus will count themselves very fortunate".

Whatever you think of Celtic, surely the president of UEFA shouldn't be saying things like this?

Gordie1 30-12-2012 12:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedrok (Post 63252301)
It is very important, the media and guys like Green are attempting to convince us that this club is the old club. Yet it is not. The truth is always important and when lies are told they should always be confronted and corrected.

Ahem, it wasnt me who brought it up, that particular bait was laid by another poster, i merely "confronted and corrected" as you say.:D

By the way, did you read the link i provided?...LINK

OMTT 30-12-2012 12:45

If a random poster on a forum says Rangers are new club, then they must be, no matter how much the governing bodies say otherwise

TrebleKing 30-12-2012 12:49

Yeah, 'cause timmy's been proved right all along about everything throughout this Rangers saga....:D:rolleyes:

pedrok 30-12-2012 12:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by OMTT (Post 63252895)
If a random poster on a forum says Rangers are new club, then they must be, no matter how much the governing bodies say otherwise

The governing bodies that made the new club start in Div 3, those bodies.

What does UEFA and FIFA say?

Mark. 30-12-2012 13:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Callum Collum (Post 63252438)
Could they realistically get somebody in to get more out of the players?

I'd like to think so. The errors and lack of motivation are basic, which would see this team struggle in the First Division.

The idea was that this squad was assembled to win the title. With that in mind, they should be capable of at least putting up a fight in the SPL, because if you earn promotion you don't tell the players "thanks, now piss off while we bring in better ones".

bcdee 30-12-2012 13:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Callum Collum (Post 63252438)
Probably neither. Though I'm far from an expert on Dundee.

Is it Smith's fault? Could they realistically get somebody in to get more out of the players?

If Dunfermline continue to have money trouble maybe Jim Jeffries will be the man to come in.

As much as Smith seems to be a decent person, I dont see him being the man to inspire the team.

I think he should have left after keeping us in the first division, other teams might have taken a chance on him and he would have moved on being remembered in the right way.

pedrok 30-12-2012 13:33

Dundee were left in a situation where they were given very little time to prepare for a SPL season thanks to the failure of the football authorities in this country to deal with the liquidation of the old Rangers.

Dundee should have been promoted the day Rangers were liquidated. The fact that they are still, just, within touching distance is actually a credit to Smith and his players.

bhoy07 30-12-2012 13:37

January will be a big month for Dundee and will make or break the season.

misawa97 30-12-2012 13:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Callum Collum (Post 63252510)
Michel Platini seems to have written off Celtic v Juve. He is quoted as saying, “After being drawn against Celtic we can already consider Juve to be in the quarter-finals. Juventus will count themselves very fortunate".

Whatever you think of Celtic, surely the president of UEFA shouldn't be saying things like this?

Why not? Nothing wrong with him stating his opinion.

misawa97 30-12-2012 13:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrebleKing (Post 63251714)
Of course Scotland needs a national stadium. It's just that we needed a much better one than the shambles that Hampden Park is. It's too small, has poor facilities, poor views of the pitch and is in too much of a built up area. The renovation was done very poorly indeed.

Why? Plenty of other countries do just fine with no national stadium. Scottish football has many problems and a national stadium wasn't a requirement. That money should of been used to change the way football is practised in scotland and improve facilities and coaching for youngsters.

Callum Collum 30-12-2012 13:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedrok (Post 63253516)
Dundee were left in a situation where they were given very little time to prepare for a SPL season thanks to the failure of the football authorities in this country to deal with the liquidation of the old Rangers.

Dundee should have been promoted the day Rangers were liquidated. The fact that they are still, just, within touching distance is actually a credit to Smith and his players.

The company that used to run Rangers wasn't liquidated till well after the season started.

As for Dundee's squad, see the comments from Mark.

Another thing to remember about Dundee is that they were a very distant second in Division One last season. But good luck to them. They have a tough task. If they can somehow get a couple of players in (the right ones of course!) they have a chance of staying up. As for the manager I don't know but there are some interesting comments from bcdee.

Callum Collum 30-12-2012 13:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by misawa97 (Post 63253737)
Why not? Nothing wrong with him stating his opinion.

Surely the president of UEFA should be seen to be neutral. If it was Joe Punter it would be a different matter.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 16:18.