Digital Spy Forums

Digital Spy Forums (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/index.php)
-   TV Shows: UK (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   8 Out of 10 Cats - Series 15, C4 Fridays 9pm (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1784499)

Lulz77 14-01-2013 18:32

8 Out of 10 Cats - Series 15, C4 Fridays 9pm
 
8 out of 10 Cats is back on Friday! This series they are recording episodes the day before broadcast so they won't be so behind on the news like last series!

Made a new thread as the last one was specifically for Series 14 and including that series' air date and time in the title.

RoseAnne 14-01-2013 19:31

The last series only finished just before Christmas! I'm not complaining but as it's topical and recorded on a weekly basis, it doesn't seem to allow Carr, Lock and Richardson time out to do other stuff. HIGNFY seems to have a greater gap between series. When did Lock and Richardson do that road trip documentary to the USA?

degsyhufc 14-01-2013 19:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoseAnne (Post 63578585)
The last series only finished just before Christmas! I'm not complaining but as it's topical and recorded on a weekly basis, it doesn't seem to allow Carr, Lock and Richardson time out to do other stuff. HIGNFY seems to have a greater gap between series. When did Lock and Richardson do that road trip documentary to the USA?

Probably last spring/summer.
Richardson also hosted Stand Up for the Week and was on tour.
Lock does Argumental. New episodes of that planned this year.

Rutakateki 18-01-2013 20:08

Bump!- on in an hour

Glad it's back on a Friday. It didn't seem right going out on a Monday. I don't know why they moved it.

Tassium 18-01-2013 20:20

Topical comedy panel show that has become rarely that topical... or that funny.

In recent series at least.

CH4 have really done something to their comedy shows in the last couple of years, made them shouty and sweary to compensate for the dire lack of laughs.

bobgeorge7912 18-01-2013 21:04

jimmy's had his teeth done. looks a bit strange.

looks bloody weird. ejit.

THEONEFROMHERE 18-01-2013 21:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobgeorge7912 (Post 63671672)
jimmy's had his teeth done. looks a bit strange.

looks bloody weird. ejit.

Yeah they looks super white

BillyCasper 18-01-2013 21:08

Loved the intro from the continuity announcer.

Moggio 18-01-2013 21:11

Oh dear, Jimmy has joined the False Teeth Brigade.

Why Jimmy, why?

He could've at least got one's that look slightly natural and convincing.

IJoinedInMay 18-01-2013 21:15

Ah, I didn't know this was the start of a new series. I haven't watched the show in a long time (Big Brother was still on Channel 4 at the time!) and assumed it would just be a repeat tonight.

PaleHorse 18-01-2013 21:22

Of all the things on his face to fix, what made him choose the teeth? Surely you'd go for the entirety of the head first :confused:

IJoinedInMay 18-01-2013 21:40

This fitness thing is dragging a little...

PaleHorse 18-01-2013 21:41

When did Claudia become full of herself? Am I the only one who's picked up on this attitude change? Quite unlikable now...

Tassium 18-01-2013 21:47

What a terrible show this is now.

When it was a 30 min long some time ago now it bounced along and was a nice thing to watch.

Then they added 15 minutes and it was too long. Undeterred, CH4 now round it out to the full hour and pad it with junk.

bye bye 8 out of 10 cats.

juswotmawatchin 18-01-2013 21:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaleHorse (Post 63673165)
When did Claudia become full of herself? Am I the only one who's picked up on this attitude change? Quite unlikable now...

Im sure she is a Special needs case.

Hunched squinting, waitress finishing school attire all the time.

Inane expressions, , there is something not quite right there.?

is she ?

juswotmawatchin 18-01-2013 21:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tassium (Post 63673415)
What a terrible show this is now.

When it was a 30 min long some time ago now it bounced along and was a nice thing to watch.

Then they added 15 minutes and it was too long. Undeterred, CH4 now round it out to the full hour and pad it with junk.

bye bye 8 out of 10 cats.

agreed....this is just seeping piss ousing out of a dead corpse ......which has faded into background to a sound of white noise.

Channel 4 ( Carr, Ross , Dee management) self indulgent drivel, like guys in a pub corner having a drunken .....zzzzzzz

cuza 18-01-2013 22:02

Well it made me laugh :o

davedpg 18-01-2013 22:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tassium (Post 63673415)
What a terrible show this is now.

When it was a 30 min long some time ago now it bounced along and was a nice thing to watch.

Then they added 15 minutes and it was too long. Undeterred, CH4 now round it out to the full hour and pad it with junk.

bye bye 8 out of 10 cats.

It's only on for an hour for one week. The Last Leg was supposed to start this week but moved to next week for personal reasons according to Adam Hill's Twitter.

Next week, it's back to half an hour.

Serial Lurker 18-01-2013 22:07

Watching on +1, please tell me someone mentions Jimmy Carr's ridiculous teeth.

IJoinedInMay 18-01-2013 22:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serial Lurker (Post 63674091)
Watching on +1, please tell me someone mentions Jimmy Carr's ridiculous teeth.

Yep, Sean Lock brings it up near the end.

Gogfumble 18-01-2013 22:34

I enjoyed it, Glad it is back on, on Fridays. It felt a bit late being on Mondays during the last series and I quite often forgot about it too!

jnorth 18-01-2013 22:58

This show is so damn unfunny and even worse... It's too damn long! This show needs to die now. Co'mon C4, do the right thing and put it out it's misery. So so sick of these panel shows now.

Zzzzzzz

Wulfster 18-01-2013 23:19

Well ... I was in the audience for this show, and they actually filmed 3 hours worth of material.

And I'll tell you what ... I loved it!

If you think the show's tired and now longer funny, there's an easy answer to that ...

Personally for me, it's still one of the wittiest shows on the terrestrial channel (along with HIGNFY), and it's good to see that it isn't forced.

Couple of things I would say;
* If you thought Jimmy Carr got some ribbing about his teeth, you should have seen what they cut out!
* Claudia Winkleman came out with some genuinely funny lines about (ahem) "buckets" and what she does to protect her kids in the cold weather.
* A lot of "questions" were missing entirely, especially one about the weather, which got really surreal.
* Jimmy Carr actually came across as a decent bloke, and was the only one in the show to mix with the audience, and stay afterwards for pictures and autographs.
* Cynics might think that the audience laughter and "whooping" was forced. It's not. Apart from one lone guy signalling when you can applaud following clips and ad-breaks, you're not guided to act in any way... It was a mixed age audience (there's about 400 people sitting behind the audience shown on the screen) and not one person I spoke to was disappointed with the show.

Even the warm-up guy was good. All in all it was just as good as going to a live show, and free!

juswotmawatchin 18-01-2013 23:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wulfster (Post 63676155)
Well ... I was in the audience for this show, and they actually filmed 3 hours worth of material.

And I'll tell you what ... I loved it!

If you think the show's tired and now longer funny, there's an easy answer to that ...

Personally for me, it's still one of the wittiest shows on the terrestrial channel (along with HIGNFY), and it's good to see that it isn't forced.

Couple of things I would say;
* If you thought Jimmy Carr got some ribbing about his teeth, you should have seen what they cut out!
* Claudia Winkleman came out with some genuinely funny lines about (ahem) "buckets" and what she does to protect her kids in the cold weather.
* A lot of "questions" were missing entirely, especially one about the weather, which got really surreal.
* Jimmy Carr actually came across as a decent bloke, and was the only one in the show to mix with the audience, and stay afterwards for pictures and autographs.
* Cynics might think that the audience laughter and "whooping" was forced. It's not. Apart from one lone guy signalling when you can applaud following clips and ad-breaks, you're not guided to act in any way... It was a mixed age audience (there's about 400 people sitting behind the audience shown on the screen) and not one person I spoke to was disappointed with the show.

Even the warm-up guy was good. All in all it was just as good as going to a live show, and free!

Thank you for the comment Mr Carr.

But what WE see is arse dribble.:yawn:

Wulfster 18-01-2013 23:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by juswotmawatchin (Post 63677007)
Thank you for the comment Mr Carr.

But what WE see is arse dribble.:yawn:

What YOU see you mean... :rolleyes:
I really love the DS-er's who can't see beyond their own views or accept other peoples.

Go back to viewing "Splash" or Celeb BB, or whatever else it is that YOU find "entertaining"...
Or just carry on scouring the threads to make unfunny comments on shows you don't like...
It's all the same to me ... :p

Oh, and if I was Carr, I'd use some of my tax savings to spread your witty "humour" to the masses. :D


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 23:22.