Digital Spy Forums

Digital Spy Forums (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/index.php)
-   Showbiz (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   HELP WANTED - Regarding recordings of Michael Barrymore (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1787777)

Barrymorefan 20-01-2013 23:44

HELP WANTED - Regarding recordings of Michael Barrymore
 
I am currently looking for recordings of Michael Barrymore. I am looking for his appearances on My Kind Of People, Barrymore on Broadway, My Kind of Music, Barrymore, Kids Say The Funniest Things, Bob Martin Strike it Lucky or any other recordings. If anyone on here has an old Vhs tape that contains a Barrymore show on them, would you be willing to part with or copy them, I will pay good money for recordings of Michael Barrymore shows from the 80s, 90s and 2000s. Please help.

sparkle22 21-01-2013 21:19

you should try gumtree or preloved which are second hand sites you need to posted in the wanted section.

Saltydog1955 21-01-2013 22:51

Don't know if it's DVD's of live shows you're looking for but here's one.

http://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/sh...edictable.html

And another

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-lis...condition=used

waz101 22-01-2013 00:27

Why do I think you're a "researcher" doing a Channel 4/5 hatchet job on Barrymore? (Joined yesterday?) Bit of a lazy way to earn your living!

sillygirl123 22-01-2013 16:22

I have his autograph if you want it - on a programme when I saw him in Nottingham Theatre Royal in the '80s

Fat Buddha 22-01-2013 20:52

It was Barrymore who came up with the original idea for the reality show "Splash"

Barrymorefan 22-01-2013 20:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by sillygirl123 (Post 63770825)
I have his autograph if you want it - on a programme when I saw him in Nottingham Theatre Royal in the '80s

I'd love to take that off your hands, how much are you looking for? I'll give you a good price.

Barrymorefan 22-01-2013 20:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by waz101 (Post 63759057)
Why do I think you're a "researcher" doing a Channel 4/5 hatchet job on Barrymore? (Joined yesterday?) Bit of a lazy way to earn your living!

I'm just a fan of Michael Barrymore and I want to see some of his old shows again, it's been a long time!

Dean Dare 22-01-2013 21:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrymorefan (Post 63778877)
I'm just a fan of Michael Barrymore and I want to see some of his old shows again, it's been a long time!

No where near long enough though,

He always was a talentless tosser

Barrymorefan 22-01-2013 21:20

I disagree, he was very popular in his day and was the king of Itv. He was adored by all generations and had the ability to make people laugh. I'm sure your opinion would be totally different if the Lubbock incident hadn't have happened.

misslibertine 22-01-2013 21:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Buddha (Post 63778795)
It was Barrymore who came up with the original idea for the reality show "Splash"

:o :(

Microkorg 22-01-2013 21:34

Mine wouldn't
Always a smug nasty individual.
His "comedy" consisted of ripping the pee out of people who could not answer back

Vile man thankfully no longer invading our screens

Saltydog1955 22-01-2013 22:14

I could never stand him even before the Lubbock business.

A comic who made his living using audience members as a part of his act and humiliating them onstage.

Still, each to his own.....;)

Westy2 22-01-2013 22:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saltydog1955 (Post 63781640)
I could never stand him even before the Lubbock business.

A comic who made his living using audience members as a part of his act and humiliating them onstage.

Still, each to his own.....;)

If the Lubbock business hadn't happened, would he still be around today?

Saltydog1955 22-01-2013 22:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Westy2 (Post 63782675)
If the Lubbock business hadn't happened, would he still be around today?

Even if it hadn't, I think his style of comedy would be considered outdated these days and he wouldn't be on TV any more.

puffenstuff 23-01-2013 00:39

michael barrymore was A HUGE star, you cannot take that away from him , you cant rewrite history with the justification that you never liked him anyway, he WAS top of his game for years and this country ADORED HIM

ItsRyanYall 23-01-2013 00:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Microkorg (Post 63780107)
Mine wouldn't
Always a smug nasty individual.
His "comedy" consisted of ripping the pee out of people who could not answer back

Vile man thankfully no longer invading our screens

I remember the video that circulated of him taking the mic out of Susan Boyle whilst she was singing surfaced

Phoenix Lazarus 23-01-2013 01:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by puffenstuff (Post 63786657)
michael barrymore was A HUGE star, you cannot take that away from him , you cant rewrite history with the justification that you never liked him anyway, he WAS top of his game for years and this country ADORED HIM

You could say the same of Hitler in Germany!:D

Saltydog1955 23-01-2013 09:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by puffenstuff (Post 63786657)
michael barrymore was A HUGE star, you cannot take that away from him , you cant rewrite history with the justification that you never liked him anyway, he WAS top of his game for years and this country ADORED HIM

Er, was I talking about 'rewriting history'? He's a comedian (well, in the eyes of some :D) not a national figure. I don't happen to like him or his style of comedy which was based on the humiliation of audience members . So sue me. :D

As I said, even if the Lubbock affair hadn't happened, I doubt he'd be on TV today as his act and comedy style are out dated.

puffenstuff 23-01-2013 09:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Lazarus (Post 63786985)
You could say the same of Hitler in Germany!:D



mwahahaha BRILLIANT:D

puffenstuff 23-01-2013 09:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saltydog1955 (Post 63789390)
Er, was I talking about 'rewriting history'? He's a comedian (well, in the eyes of some :D) not a national figure. I don't happen to like him or his style of comedy which was based on the humiliation of audience members . So sue me. :D

As I said, even if the Lubbock affair hadn't happened, I doubt he'd be on TV today as his act and comedy style are out dated.

i agree with everything youre saying here, but he was huge/national look at all theshows he had

Saltydog1955 23-01-2013 10:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by puffenstuff (Post 63789569)
i agree with everything youre saying here, but he was huge/national look at all theshows he had

Because back in the day his comedy was in fashion and he was liked by the public.

I think he'd be battling personal demons regardless of the Lubbock business. He seems to have found it hard to come to terms with his sexuality - if indeed he is gay, and seems to have had alcohol problems too.

misslibertine 23-01-2013 10:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saltydog1955 (Post 63789938)
Because back in the day his comedy was in fashion and he was liked by the public.

I think he'd be battling personal demons regardless of the Lubbock business. He seems to have found it hard to come to terms with his sexuality - if indeed he is gay, and seems to have had alcohol problems too.

He seemed a bit unstable when he did Celebrity Big Brother :o

IzzyS 23-01-2013 10:58

He was definitely a big star at the time - I was trying to remember the name of the show he used to do on ITV at the weekends where he had warm up acts that were shown, one of which was Freddie Star. I'm thinking early to mid 90s at the latest...anyone any idea what it was called? I'm thinking it might have been on a Sunday evening (like before or after Heartbeat :D) and there was alot of audience participation and I remember a really long sketch with Barrymore (or/and maybe a dance troupe or something?) involving some zany song to do with moles lol which isn't much to go on but I was fairly young at the time and ended up in fits of giggles - thats all I can remember(!). It was either that or Russ Abbot but im pretty sure it was Barrymore, Abbot was on a Monday evening wasn't he? :confused::o

I remember watching a few episodes of whichever show that was but I don't have any recordings, sorry... (don't mind me(!)).

Dean Dare 23-01-2013 11:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrymorefan (Post 63779636)
I disagree, he was very popular in his day and was the king of Itv. He was adored by all generations and had the ability to make people laugh. I'm sure your opinion would be totally different if the Lubbock incident hadn't have happened.

No it wouldn't


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 13:19.