Digital Spy Forums

Digital Spy Forums (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/index.php)
-   Movies (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Movie Posters you love or hate (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1789545)

Dombo 23-01-2013 13:30

Movie Posters you love or hate
 
What movie posters to you really love?
what do you hate?

I hate the UK release for Eraser, i think it just looks cheap and thrown together, the US release is a much better cover.


i Love the Man on a ledge poster as it just immediately says "suspense" and the Japanese Kill Bill vol2 Poster is far better than the crap red one we got. ..

just thought it would an interesting discussion, please add your favs or ones you hate.

grimtales1 23-01-2013 13:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dombo (Post 63793840)
What movie posters to you really love?
what do you hate?

I hate the UK release for Eraser, i think it just looks cheap and thrown together, the US release is a much better cover.


i Love the Man on a ledge poster as it just immediately says "suspense" and the Japanese Kill Bill vol2 Poster is far better than the crap red one we got. ..

just thought it would an interesting discussion, please add your favs or ones you hate.

Agree the Japanese poster is very cool :cool:

Dombo 23-01-2013 13:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by grimtales1 (Post 63793945)
Agree the Japanese poster is very cool :cool:

yeah, i have the Japanese premium box of both movies with lots of goodies but the artwork is pretty ace...

mike65 23-01-2013 14:09

There has hardly been a good movie poster made since photoshop took hold of the graphics industry (side observation)

One of my favouites the European quad for The Driver 1978

and one of the worst - USA quad for the same film!

rfonzo 23-01-2013 22:39

My favorite movie posters are Goodfellas and Alien. I just love the three heard of Robert De Niro, Ray Liotta and Joe Pesci looking sinister and the smaller image of a dead body lying in a road below them. The latter just displaying that deadly pod. Also, who can forget the slogan 'In space no one can hear you scream.' The slogan for Goodfellas and how it was structured into the film's title was was also brilliant; 'Murderers come with smiles, shooting people was no big deal we were just....GOODFELLAS.'

jules1000 23-01-2013 22:56

Scarface is brilliant. On my sons wall. His face all cold and cool within a hundred dollar bill and the words `Trust No One.'...... Excellent.

balthasar 23-01-2013 23:52

I can't find the link but some of the German film posters of the 1920's & 30's are amazing.

As for bad any "romantic comedy" with pink lettering on white background.

Dombo 24-01-2013 08:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by rfonzo (Post 63812177)
My favorite movie posters are Goodfellas and Alien. I just love the three heard of Robert De Niro, Ray Liotta and Joe Pesci looking sinister and the smaller image of a dead body lying in a road below them. The latter just displaying that deadly pod. Also, who can forget the slogan 'In space no one can hear you scream.' The slogan for Goodfellas and how it was structured into the film's title was was also brilliant; 'Murderers come with smiles, shooting people was no big deal we were just....GOODFELLAS.'

I agree Goodfellas is ace.. . superb poster to go with a superb film...
Sleepers reminds me a little of the goodfellas poster, all black with the faces at the top then the smaller pic at the bottom.

Not as much as a good poster image but there was a message on the quad for Doug Limans "Go" that said,
Persons under 18 should sit outside with some lemonade.
thought that was quite humourous

dreamycreamy 24-01-2013 10:43

I remember a thread about Polish(?) movie posters and some of them seemed so cool. The American posters are all the same, so boring.

EDIT: Found it: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1535318

PANNAL1 24-01-2013 21:23

I loved the trainspotting poster. The Cape Fear poster with De Niro scared me as a teenager.

rfonzo 25-01-2013 01:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dombo (Post 63818396)
I agree Goodfellas is ace.. . superb poster to go with a superb film...
Sleepers reminds me a little of the goodfellas poster, all black with the faces at the top then the smaller pic at the bottom.

Not as much as a good poster image but there was a message on the quad for Doug Limans "Go" that said,
Persons under 18 should sit outside with some lemonade.
thought that was quite humourous

Another good mafia crime film poster is Once Upon a Time in America. You have the young children walking in an industrial part of New York with the tall buildings and the steelworks in the background. You get a real sense of the immigration theme of the film.

jamespondo 25-01-2013 17:00

I love the posters to The Terminator and Robocop.

Straker 26-01-2013 12:12

Terrible film, great poster:

http://images.ha.com/lf?set=path%5B7...oduct.chain%5D

Other classics:

http://movieart.net/wp-content/uploa...7x63-19057.jpg

and...

http://nihansomay.files.wordpress.co...oan-poster.jpg

and...

http://bobpeak.net/wp-content/upload...bPeak-800w.jpg


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:20.