Digital Spy Forums

Digital Spy Forums (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/index.php)
-   Showbiz (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Famous celebrities you respect MORE for staying out of the Tabloids... (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1790494)

HoveringKestrel 25-01-2013 00:11

Famous celebrities you respect MORE for staying out of the Tabloids...
 
I would have to say Sarah Michelle Gellar and Freddie Prince Jnr

I know they're not exceedingly famous, and were part of the 90s brat pack, but they seem to be a settled family, happy and not fame hungry.

How about everyone else?

mmeister2 25-01-2013 00:16

I think Brad and Angelina would rather not be in the tabloids but of course the media have to make up stories about them. They seem like decent people and their children look as though they are happy.

Saltydog1955 25-01-2013 00:17

Cate Blanchett and Andrew Upton
Julianne Moore and Bart Freundlich
Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick
Cynthia Nixon and Christine Marinari

Goaty 25-01-2013 00:19

Actors and Actresses that don't want be celebs, just acting get my respect.

HoveringKestrel 25-01-2013 00:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saltydog1955 (Post 63839790)
Cate Blanchett and Andrew Upton
Julianne Moore and Bart Freundlich
Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick
Cynthia Nixon and Christine Marinari

I fully agree :)

Apple_Crumble 25-01-2013 03:15

Robert De Niro tries to avoid interviews and the media if he can due to shyness. Obviously he has to do some promotional work due to contracts, but he tries to keep it at a minimum. He rarely discusses his personal life, etc.

dee123 25-01-2013 03:59

Kate Bush.

BritFlicks1 25-01-2013 06:13

Dame Maggie Smith

Zack06 25-01-2013 09:47

Leona Lewis. She gets slated for being 'boring' because of it, but I like how she doesn't live her life in the papers and keeps her career just about the music. :)

The Prumeister 25-01-2013 09:52

Kate Moss.

I'm not a particular fan (in fact I think she's rather greasy looking), but she's never whored herself to the press and fair play.

leonalewispr 25-01-2013 10:34

Leona Lewis. One of the few female popstars with class.

bookaddict 25-01-2013 11:22

Jeff Bridges
Dominic West
Kenneth Branagh
Maggie Smith
Judith Dench

konebyvax 25-01-2013 11:53

Adele, obviously.

GerriP 25-01-2013 12:44

Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck

Eddie Badger 25-01-2013 12:47

Gary Oldman

Tal'shiar 25-01-2013 13:42

I know he isnt perhaps that famous, although in the right culture he is a big name, but Scott Hull never speaks about his personal life really. Partly though because he also works for MI5 as a computer specialist when he isnt touring and writing in one of his many awesome bands.

Saltydog1955 25-01-2013 13:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tal'shiar (Post 63847313)
I know he isnt perhaps that famous, although in the right culture he is a big name, but Scott Hull never speaks about his personal life really. Partly though because he also works for MI5 as a computer specialist when he isnt touring and writing in one of his many awesome bands.

Whatever he's doing obviously works, as I've never heard of him!

:D ;)

j4Rose 25-01-2013 14:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmeister2 (Post 63839752)
I think Brad and Angelina would rather not be in the tabloids but of course the media have to make up stories about them. They seem like decent people and their children look as though they are happy.

Are you serious :o

Walter Neff 25-01-2013 15:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saltydog1955 (Post 63847429)
Whatever he's doing obviously works, as I've never heard of him!

:D ;)

That makes two of us. :confused:

NotaTypo 25-01-2013 15:50

Anyone famous for an actual talent rather than mediawhores who have to rely on the tabs to keep them in the public eye.

DiamondDoll 25-01-2013 16:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goaty (Post 63839825)
Actors and Actresses that don't want be celebs, just acting get my respect.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Prumeister (Post 63843481)
Kate Moss.

I'm not a particular fan (in fact I think she's rather greasy looking), but she's never whored herself to the press and fair play.

Good posts.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walter Neff (Post 63849423)
That makes two of us. :confused:

Three actually.;)

mary patricia 25-01-2013 16:32

Cillian Murphy. He only shows up whenever he has a movie to promote and I know absolutely nothing about his private life. He is a very versatile actor and has managed to establish himself quietly. Many famous actors are huge attention seekers in their twenties (looking at you Colin Farrell) but then calm down as they get older.

DiamondDoll 25-01-2013 16:38

There's a well-known female (so well known that her name escapes me at the moment :o) who regularly gets behind community events in Nairn, Scotland.
Other than that she never courts publicity.:)

dorydaryl 25-01-2013 18:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goaty (Post 63839825)
Actors and Actresses that don't want be celebs, just acting get my respect.

Yep, definitely agree. Then, when they do decide to allow a bit of publicity it's all the more interesting than the eye rolling bore it becomes with a lot of them. I know that it's not always the celebs' fault that they get papped and I'm sure there are those who genuinely hate it. However, there are a sizeable number who thrive on it and simultaneously moan about it at the same time.

Julie_Evans 25-01-2013 18:11

Kate Moss. The Daily Fail hate her for it, they're always trying to print photographs of her looking a tad bleary eyed, so they can call her Cocaine Kate and comment about her 'partying'.

Can honestly say I've only ever heard her voice once, in a very rare interview which was some time ago. Not bad going for a supermodel.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 17:20.