Digital Spy Forums

Digital Spy Forums (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/index.php)
-   TV Shows: UK (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Let's Dance for Comic Relief is back... (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1792227)

StigOfTheKrump 28-01-2013 11:32

Let's Dance for Comic Relief is back...
 
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/...confirmed.html

(I use the term 'dance' lightly)

Starring Tim Vine, Ricky Hatton and Nina Conti.

MiresiaVerteta 28-01-2013 11:36

OH GOD! Time to leave the UK. Why give money to a bottomless pit?

21stCenturyBoy 28-01-2013 11:38

Well, that just about confirms Ricky Hatton will be in Strictly later on this year.

He's ummed and aahed for years but I think now his credibility is shot, he will more than likely have a go (unless CBB present him with a more tempting offer, of course!)

JamieHT 28-01-2013 11:59

Replace Alex Jones!!!

Glyn W 28-01-2013 12:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamieHT (Post 63914287)
Replace Alex Jones!!!

Replace Steve Jones more like, the man has the comic timing of a broken Taiwanese cuckoo clock.

Compton_scatter 28-01-2013 12:37

I actually like this show and I don't like much!

StigOfTheKrump 28-01-2013 13:12

Who'll be the poor soul forced into doing Gangnam Style? My money's on Gok Wan.

21stCenturyBoy 28-01-2013 13:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by StigOfTheKrump (Post 63915482)
Who'll be the poor soul forced into doing Gangnam Style? My money's on Gok Wan.

They'll surely get Margaret Cho over for it?

She's included it in her stand-up routine (which in itself is based around the oddities of South Korean culture)

StigOfTheKrump 28-01-2013 14:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by 21stCenturyBoy (Post 63916216)
They'll surely get Margaret Cho over for it?

I can't see her doing it!

bargepole 28-01-2013 14:27

How much would I have to donate to Comic Relief in return for them agreeing not to transmit this utter bilge?

StigOfTheKrump 03-02-2013 00:20

Ore Oduba and Sonali Shah (from Newsround, apparently) have also signed up.

ETA: A full-ish list from the Beeb site.

Tim Vine
Ricky Hatton
Olivia Lee
Jon Culshaw
Lee Nelson
Waterloo Road
Nina Conti
Ore & Sonali Newsround
Rosemary Shrager & Kim Woodburn
Vanessa Feltz
Shaun Keaveny, Mark Dolan and Hal Cruttenden

Doghouse Riley 03-02-2013 00:26

Seems like a few who are a bit desperate for some attention there.
I'll give it a miss.

Billy_Value 03-02-2013 00:32

why hasn;t the bbc realised this show is a shower of shrimp, surely they could of thought of some other show that helps to raise money than having this show all the time

StigOfTheKrump 03-02-2013 00:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy_Value (Post 64027861)
why hasn;t the bbc realised this show is a shower of shrimp, surely they could of thought of some other show that helps to raise money than having this show all the time

It appears that C-list comedians in drag is still a cash cow for them. :p

shanders 03-02-2013 00:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamieHT (Post 63914287)
Replace Alex Jones!!!

I'll second that.
I'd rather eat my own vomit than watch her.

pete137 03-02-2013 06:59

Sonali and Olivia Lee.

Im in !!!!!!!

Joe_Zel 03-02-2013 14:49

It seems some people haven't heard of the remote control.

It's a wonderful invention. :D

Alrightmate 03-02-2013 16:32

The first series was great.
But since Robert Webb won it with his Flashdance routine there have been so many contestants in successive series who think they're funny by dressing up in drag and possibly think it's a ticket to give them a better chance of winning.

It'll be interesting to see what comedy lazy arses decide to take the predictable man dressed up as a woman route.

Steve9214 03-02-2013 21:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alrightmate (Post 64036326)
The first series was great.
But since Robert Webb won it with his Flashdance routine there have been so many contestants in successive series who think they're funny by dressing up in drag and possibly think it's a ticket to give them a better chance of winning.

It'll be interesting to see what comedy lazy arses decide to take the predictable man dressed up as a woman route.

Agreed - comedy is only funny when done seriously.
Just watch the "new " Yes Prime Minister" compared to the originals.

Last year Rowland Rivron was excellent.

GoCompareThis 03-02-2013 22:27

I hate these stupid dancing programmes. We've already had Strictly and Dancing on Ice. ENOUGH ALREADY! :mad:

jackee-spyker 03-02-2013 23:43

oh :(, time for me to update my Lovefilm list :(.

RickyLeeds85 04-02-2013 00:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by StigOfTheKrump (Post 64027677)
Ore Oduba and Sonali Shah (from Newsround, apparently) have also signed up.

ETA: A full-ish list from the Beeb site.

Tim Vine
Ricky Hatton
Olivia Lee
Jon Culshaw
Lee Nelson
Waterloo Road
Nina Conti
Ore & Sonali Newsround
Rosemary Shrager & Kim Woodburn
Vanessa Feltz
Shaun Keaveny, Mark Dolan and Hal Cruttenden

Hmm why is Lee Nelson doing it again? he was rubbish last time.

are Shaun, Mark and Hal doing it as a group?

Agent F 04-02-2013 00:41

Vanessa Feltz? Christ on a bike...

Alrightmate 04-02-2013 02:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by StigOfTheKrump (Post 64027677)
Ore Oduba and Sonali Shah (from Newsround, apparently) have also signed up.

ETA: A full-ish list from the Beeb site.

Tim Vine
Ricky Hatton
Olivia Lee
Jon Culshaw
Lee Nelson
Waterloo Road
Nina Conti
Ore & Sonali Newsround
Rosemary Shrager & Kim Woodburn
Vanessa Feltz
Shaun Keaveny, Mark Dolan and Hal Cruttenden

Lee Nelson has already done it.
Couldn't they find somebody else?

Ambassador 04-02-2013 02:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by StigOfTheKrump (Post 64027876)
It appears that C-list comedians in drag is still a cash cow for them. :p

C? Very generous


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:12.