Digital Spy Forums

Digital Spy Forums (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/index.php)
-   Gaming (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Lack of interest in gaming (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1792843)

The Special One 29-01-2013 20:40

Lack of interest in gaming

I am in that period where I can't seem to get the motivation to play. I received 4 new games at Christmas but I really am not interested in playing any of them.

I turn my Xbox on and maybe play for 5 minutes then get bored again. I seem to remember having a similar problem a few years ago but I cant remember what the problem was.

Does anyone else go through phases of playing a lot, then not wanting to play at all?

Jimmy_McNulty 29-01-2013 20:49

Gamer's block. The only way to overcome it is with Father Time.

Elphie_Lives 29-01-2013 20:57

Yeah. Usually 2 weeks of "constant" playing then two weeks off.

It's exactly as you say I'll just be really bored and find even doing coursework is more entertaining, leave it 2 weeks and I'm back into it.

Steve35 29-01-2013 20:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Special One (Post 63945322)
I am in that period where I can't seem to get the motivation to play. I received 4 new games at Christmas but I really am not interested in playing any of them.

I turn my Xbox on and maybe play for 5 minutes then get bored again. I seem to remember having a similar problem a few years ago but I cant remember what the problem was.

Does anyone else go through phases of playing a lot, then not wanting to play at all?

Yes, especially at the moment.

PinSarla 29-01-2013 21:03

Yes, and never more so than at the moment. I bought Minecraft recently and I've played it for 5 minutes. It's horrible because I have a really good gaming PC sitting there doing nothing, but even if I tried to force myself myself I couldn't play for more than 5 or 10 minutes :cry:

gdjman68wasdigi 29-01-2013 21:14

I'm collecting Nintendo at the moment, not really playing

deltaforce316 29-01-2013 21:34

I've got the exact same thing at the moment, haven't turned my xbox on since about the 15th Jan when I completed Far Cry 3.

I keep thinking "lets play a bit of Halo 4 MP or start Hitman Absolution" but as quick as I've had that thought its countered with "Nah, I can't be bothered".

Can't see things changing any time soon either.

MGS4SnakeRulez 29-01-2013 21:58

Quote:

Yup.I have loads of unfinished and some unplayed PS3 games but I just cannot be bothered to play them or, like you, I play for 5 minutes then get bored and turn the console off.

bob2005 29-01-2013 22:00

I go through different phases where I play loads or very little never inbetween. At the moment my 360 is being played to death.

Vast_Girth 29-01-2013 22:20

I'm sort of the same, but there's also a lot of 'meh' games out there right now, and quite a few excellent looking ones on the horizon...

WoodsMonk 29-01-2013 22:37

Shame here, Only game I can be bothered to play is Black Ops II although I don't know why :D

Have a pile of games to play as well...

Ladyxxmacbeth 29-01-2013 23:20

Nope not at all in fat at th moment I am playing more than usual

Schmiznurf 29-01-2013 23:37

I go through the same thing sometimes. I just stare at my games for about 15 minutes deciding if I can be bothered to play, and in the end I just watch tv instead.

-GONZO- 29-01-2013 23:56

Was intending on getting a WiiU at launch, but as the weeks have gone by I'm starting to ask myself if I can be bothered with gaming anymore. These days I seem to watch something on TV or Netflix more than anything else.

My god :eek: I think I'm turning into my dad :eek:

biggebruv 30-01-2013 00:09

Same but right now its kinda like the calm before the MASSIVE STORM!! lol

it all begins on FEB 8th with dead space 3
then
tomb raider
god of war 4
last of us
GTA5

never has so many really really good stuff im looking forward to come out within weeks of one another

CSI-uk 30-01-2013 00:13

It might be burn-out, simply playing to much. Trying to force yourself to play games will only make it worse, just leave your console off until you get that urge to play again. It will come back.

I only really play games a couple of days a week, I've never encountered the problems your currently experiencing. So my suggestion is when you get back into gaming, moderate the time you spend on your console, that way it'll become more of pleasurable time instead of a chore that grinds you down until you can't face it any longer.

Gevans81 30-01-2013 04:10

Been playing a lot of San Andreas over the past few nights after downloading it off PSN, it's certainly got my gaming juices flowing again.

blitzben85 30-01-2013 06:42

I've had this for a while now. I can't put my finger on what the issue is either which is annoying. I'll think to myself that i'll go on the 360 and have a few games on BLOPS2 or Madden etc...and i'll just think nah sod it, can't be arsed.

I don't class myself as a hardcore gamer but i do love to play games. Maybe i'm getting too old ? :D

SJ_Mental 30-01-2013 08:16

I was like this for a few years, I just went off playing completely for over two years, And then last April got back into it for no real reason and now I am back playing often.

Lisa.J 30-01-2013 08:32

I'm the same, I got Far Cry and Hitman for Christmas, barely touched either. I can rarely be bothered with FIFA nowadays either, and I was seriously addicted not so long ago.

I am still quite looking forward to GTA though. Cant see me buying anything else before then.

starsailor 30-01-2013 09:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by blitzben85 (Post 63952095)
I don't class myself as a hardcore gamer but i do love to play games. Maybe i'm getting too old ? :D

It's not always that, I have fits and wans of wanting to play as well, I'm over 30 and my gaming has evovled over time.

Now I've picked up an Xbox and finding it great to play, after 10 years of being a PC only gamer. It's just quick and easy to get into games.

I would just focus on what you really enjoy. I love the current RPG/FPS hybrid games with a good story, like Farcry, Dishonoured,Skyrim etc, looking forward to both Tomb Raider and Bioshock coming out as well.

Rich_L 30-01-2013 10:07

Quote:

I'm the same, but I dont get as far as even playing for 5 mins, I think its new years blues :(

heyrehair 30-01-2013 10:11

I don't have enough time in the day to play everything that I want to. I'm having to hold off buying any more games to try and finish what I have already.

I had my first gaming blister in years a few weeks back (thanks to the melee combo's in Sleeping Dogs). :D

fastest finger 30-01-2013 11:57

I get disallusioned with gaming now and again. I find it happens as we are coming towards the end of the current generation. Every time I say that my current consoles will be my last. But I know that once the next Xbox and PlayStation are announced ill be uber excited again.

The Special One 30-01-2013 12:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich_L (Post 63953451)
I'm the same, but I dont get as far as even playing for 5 mins, I think its new years blues :(

I think you might be onto something there. I think there probably has to be a game to spark my interest again. It might even be an old game from my collection.