Digital Spy Forums

Digital Spy Forums (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/index.php)
-   Showbiz (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Lindsay Lohan 'to miss court appearance because she is too sick to fly to LA'... (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1793008)

Souffle Girl 30-01-2013 10:31

Lindsay Lohan 'to miss court appearance because she is too sick to fly to LA'...
 
as pictures emerge of her shopping in New York


http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...=feeds-newsxml

How does she get away with it? At this point she could murder someone in broad daylight and just get a slap on the wrist.

Crazy.

Bungitin 30-01-2013 12:14

She used to have a very good lawyer, whom she sacked and now being sued for unpaid fees.

I wonder is she will run foul of the 3 felonies and your out. Not too sure what counts as one.

haphash 30-01-2013 13:21

I used to really like Lindsay as an actress but there does appear to be something seriously wrong with her. Part of me feels sorry for her and part of me wants to give her a slap.

What a shame that she doesn't seem to have anyone who will give her good advice and sort her out (like good parents would).

Mr Dangerous 30-01-2013 21:14

LILO comes across as a woman who just doesn't care about anything, she has been banned from hotels, her career is at rock bottom, she just is one messed up woman. Me thinks she is scared to death of actually ending up in a jail cell, that or some serious rehab..

Mehitabel 30-01-2013 21:23

She flew back last night, showed up in court this AM, and the judge set a trial date for March 1. Stay tuned.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/01/30/lindsa...ng-cops-court/

Mr Dangerous 30-01-2013 21:30

Yep, The Mail reported this also...

Souffle Girl 30-01-2013 21:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mehitabel (Post 63966904)
She flew back last night, showed up in court this AM, and the judge set a trial date for March 1. Stay tuned.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/01/30/lindsa...ng-cops-court/

So much for being too sick to fly, then.

I agree with the poster who is torn between feeling sorry for her and wanting to give her a slap. Also, Lindsay's parents are vile human beings so it's not so shocking Lindsay herself is such a mess.

It seems like Lindsay is beyond help at this point though.

Bungitin 30-01-2013 22:02

I think she does contribute to her bad image but I can't help thinking that pressure from the press (give a dog a bad name) doesn't help. She might do something useful every now or then but doen't get reported because its not 'the image'.
Obviously being followed around 24hrs a day just in case by the media.

Mehitabel 31-01-2013 00:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bungitin (Post 63967943)
I think she does contribute to her bad image but I can't help thinking that pressure from the press (give a dog a bad name) doesn't help. She might do something useful every now or then but doen't get reported because its not 'the image'.
Obviously being followed around 24hrs a day just in case by the media.

Lindsay is responsible for her bad press. There's an old saying, "if you don't want to get bombed, stay out of the target area". She needs to get out of the limelight and stay out of sight if she ever hopes to repair her reputation. Almost every day is another nightclub, shopping spree, altercation of some sort. The paps may be following her around, but she's always somewhere to be caught out. Clearly she isn't very bright if she hasn't yet figured this out.

Zone_Out 31-01-2013 00:47

i bow down to whoever made this gif it actually looks so real of Lindsay LMFAO http://i52.tinypic.com/2ngtteb.jpg

DavetheScot 31-01-2013 00:57

Lindsay is either bent on self-destruction or has lost all control over herself. I don't know if a spell in jail might actually be the shock she needs or might finish her off completely.

I know it's her own doing (though I think her parents bear a lot of blame too) but I can't help feeling sad when I remember her in Freaky Friday and Herbie: Fully Loaded.

whatever54 31-01-2013 01:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavetheScot (Post 63970828)
Lindsay is either bent on self-destruction or has lost all control over herself. I don't know if a spell in jail might actually be the shock she needs or might finish her off completely.

I know it's her own doing (though I think her parents bear a lot of blame too) but I can't help feeling sad when I remember her in Freaky Friday and Herbie: Fully Loaded.

was just looking at the Daily Mail article of her making court, she looked pretty awful and not well. It is sad and she is adamant about not doing over 60 days of rehab. I find it baffling, I would think a 90 day stint in rehab may be a good idea. I don't think the parents help the situation at all

digichant 31-01-2013 10:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zone_Out (Post 63970737)
i bow down to whoever made this gif it actually looks so real of Lindsay LMFAO http://i52.tinypic.com/2ngtteb.jpg

Omg that is hilarious!

alfster 31-01-2013 12:17

it's amazing how many rich/powerful people sudden;y become ill when they are about to go to court...

Flanno 31-01-2013 12:29

Don't write LiLo off as look at Drew Barrymore for example. Drew's life was like LiLo's, going off the rails 'til she went into rehab. Now Drew has a successful career and is now happily married & raising her baby daughter.

Bungitin 31-01-2013 13:29

Most miscreants of Lilo's character get a job diary full up so that if they get threatened with jail the film production will send in a letter saying incarceration would put hundreds out of jobs etc along with loss of taxes and benefits. That is the main reason for stars with light or no sentences and ultimately the star feels untouchable, while mere mortals get the full process.

lux lisbon 2 31-01-2013 13:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flanno (Post 63975101)
Don't write LiLo off as look at Drew Barrymore for example. Drew's life was like LiLo's, going off the rails 'til she went into rehab. Now Drew has a successful career and is now happily married & raising her baby daughter.

Drew Barrymore was a teenager when she was off the rails and cleaned up her act by quitting drink and drugs. Lilo in her late twenties, a habitual drug/alcohol abuser, alleged kleptomaniac and pathological liar who is let off continually despite the chances she is given over and over. Big difference.

Big Boy Barry 31-01-2013 13:44

Lohan and her lawyer know that the LA courts won't do anything serious to her.

She's untouchable.

The Prumeister 31-01-2013 13:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by lux lisbon 2 (Post 63976127)
Drew Barrymore was a teenager when she was off the rails and cleaned up her act by quitting drink and drugs. Lilo in her late twenties, a habitual drug/alcohol abuser, alleged kleptomaniac and pathological liar who is let off continually despite the chances she is given over and over. Big difference.



Drew Barrymore was a pre teen before she got into bad things I think and as you say, has taken responsibility for her actions and now leads a great life.

Li-lo is a train wreck who doesn't seem to learn from her mistakes and IMHO needs to be jailed next time, needs to quit blaming everyone else for her problems and needs to cut herself off from her family and enablers.

Big Boy Barry 31-01-2013 13:49

Drew Barrymore made a serious effort to get her life back on track to become a proven star and a pretty successful producer too. Not to mention being incredibly adorable.

Lindsay Lohan shows no desire whatsoever to change anything. Merely staying away from nightclubs would make a huge positive difference, but she won't do it. A mess. Total wreck.

googleking 31-01-2013 14:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zone_Out (Post 63970737)
i bow down to whoever made this gif it actually looks so real of Lindsay LMFAO http://i52.tinypic.com/2ngtteb.jpg

heh brilliant :cool:

lexi22 31-01-2013 14:39

The primary reason she continues to behave as she does is down to the media continuing to report on her. In her delusional mind, if she's getting attention - and she is, continuously - then she's doing something right, and for someone like Lyndsay, that's all that counts. Her mother is her main problem, as deluded as Lyndsay but cunning with it and her daughter's chief enabler.

I think a lot of Hollywood genuinely feels sorry for her and wants to see her make a healthy comeback. Unfortunately, as long as her mother is there to validate everything she does, nothing good will happen for her. I don't think jail would make one ounce of difference. I don't think rehab would either since rehab only works when you acknowledge you have a problem and Lyndsay doesn't believe she has one. I actually feel really sad for her.

This recent interview with director Paul Schrader pretty much sums up her mindset - here is what happens when you cast lindsay lohan in your movie

lexi22 31-01-2013 14:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zone_Out (Post 63970737)
i bow down to whoever made this gif it actually looks so real of Lindsay LMFAO http://i52.tinypic.com/2ngtteb.jpg

:D:D Too funny!

whatever54 31-01-2013 23:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zone_Out (Post 63970737)
i bow down to whoever made this gif it actually looks so real of Lindsay LMFAO http://i52.tinypic.com/2ngtteb.jpg

haha that is hilarious, only just saw it:D

whatever54 31-01-2013 23:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by lexi22 (Post 63976927)
The primary reason she continues to behave as she does is down to the media continuing to report on her. In her delusional mind, if she's getting attention - and she is, continuously - then she's doing something right, and for someone like Lyndsay, that's all that counts. Her mother is her main problem, as deluded as Lyndsay but cunning with it and her daughter's chief enabler.

I think a lot of Hollywood genuinely feels sorry for her and wants to see her make a healthy comeback
. Unfortunately, as long as her mother is there to validate everything she does, nothing good will happen for her. I don't think jail would make one ounce of difference. I don't think rehab would either since rehab only works when you acknowledge you have a problem and Lyndsay doesn't believe she has one. I actually feel really sad for her.

This recent interview with director Paul Schrader pretty much sums up her mindset - here is what happens when you cast lindsay lohan in your movie

I would like to see Charlie Sheen kidnap her, get her away from that mother and help get her back on track. Obviously I don't condone kidnapping but would be a lovely Hollywood story IMO. Not read the whole article yet, just skimmed it but sounds a shambles.


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:51.