Digital Spy Forums

Digital Spy Forums (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/index.php)
-   Movies (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Bullet to the Head (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1795121)

Moe's tavern 05-02-2013 14:18

Bullet to the Head

it's no doubt a sign of the times that a new Sly Stallone film doesn't get the media coverage it once did. In fact with the recent bombing of Arnie's The Last Stand, and the fact that Bruce Willis is still flogging the Die Hard franchise to a slow and painful death, this could be the year that the plug finally gets pulled on the eighties action heroes.

If you are a fan of the kind of OTT action films of the eighties however, this one doesn't really disappoint.
Director Walter Hill pays homage to these films with a fun, action-orientated flick.

Stallone looks good for his age, considering, and has a number of nice one liners he gets to deliver.

The biggest pay-off though is in the action scenes; they're deliciously brutal and really make an impact.

The weak link in this particular chain is Sly's Sidekick, played by Sung Kang, who's just a bit wetter than a damp flannel.

Overall all though, a film that deserves a little more attention than it's currently getting.

review here.

CJClarke 05-02-2013 14:30

I thought it was "alright", watchable but instantly forgettable, Sly elevates it, but without him it would have been a pretty crap film. I honestly preferred Arnie's The Last Stand.

Still, it was worth watching just for the Rambo Vs Khal Drogo fight :p

On a related note, while i'm not expecting the new Die Hard to do too amazingly at the box office, i can't see it bombing. It'll make a hell of a lot more than Bullet to the Head, The Last Stand and Jason Statham's Parker. It's also funny how people seem to keep claiming that the Die Hard series is dying "a slow and painful death", the box office figures for the last one are the highest in the series (unadjusted, but even so...), hardly a franchise that i'd consider to be dying.

Theo_Bear 05-02-2013 14:50

I didn't know The Last Stand has sunk Dredd style, but I wouldn't want to watch a movie that Johnny Knoxville in it, and the movie poster makes the film look like a comedy.

Early DVD and Blu-ray releases for Arnie and Sly it is then.

Stansfield 05-02-2013 17:01

Does what it says on the tin....

Simple plot and feeble action {but the axe fight was good}....only high point[s]; Sarah Shahi gets her kit off.;)

5/10

degsyhufc 05-02-2013 17:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stansfield (Post 64079137)
Simple plot and feeble action {but the axe fight was good}....only high point[s]; Sarah Shahi gets her kit off.;)

5/10

Ooh, maybe worth a look then

Shame it wasn't called Bullet In The Head as then they could have used Rage Against The Machine as the title track.

killthedirector 05-02-2013 22:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theo_Bear (Post 64076730)
I but I wouldn't want to watch a movie that Johnny Knoxville in it,

to be honest knoxville isnt in it that much

zwixxx 05-02-2013 23:50

^ I heard Arnie wasn't in it much either

Syntax Error 17-02-2013 12:50

I watched this last night & I thought it was OK.

Decent action, good humour if a little unremarkable.

This film isn't a classic, but it's not a lemon either.

Perfectly watchable & should do OK once it comes out on DVD.