Digital Spy Forums

Digital Spy Forums (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/index.php)
-   Eurovision Song Contest (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=253)
-   -   The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 46) (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1798060)

DS Forum Support 13-02-2013 20:24

The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 46)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by globbits (Post 64235919)
I suspect it's probably a message telling us to shut up and leave them alone - "plans taking shape" can just as easily be them waiting for the studio version to get finished and to book the press conferences, as it could be they rejected their last artist and are trying to book Barrowman as a falback.

And lets face it, we'll probably never know either way, as we always get a large pile of wild rumours about who they booked and rejected each year, and 95% of them are probably rubbish...

[LIST]Admin Notice: This thread is a continuation of: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1791924[/LIST]

big bro geek 13-02-2013 20:28

I win!!!!

Drew Peacock 13-02-2013 20:30

Could it be the BBC have heard the song and they've done what they should have done with Pete Waterman, killed it at birth regardless of the "famous" individual involved. Looking for positives.

Dipping in and out of San Remo, the soothing sound of the Italian accordion at the moment. Here's a link, click on the San Remo banner to get the stream.


http://www.coolstreaming.us/blog/diretta-tv/

penguinperson 13-02-2013 20:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew Peacock (Post 64236155)
Could it be the BBC have heard the song and they've done what they should have done with Pete Waterman, killed it at birth regardless of the "famous" individual involved. Looking for positives.

What I fear is the web team bloke this year is a Cher, Rylan & Spice Girl obssesed fanboy :mad::mad::mad:

phill363 13-02-2013 20:53

Starting to worry about us this year now, Katie Taylor should be given the sack if she's vetoed another artist for some has been.

Mods have been busy chopping up threads, the UK TV forum looks a mess with all locked threads.

Drew Peacock 13-02-2013 20:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinperson (Post 64236380)
What I fear is the web team bloke this year is a Cher, Rylan & Spice Girl obssesed fanboy :mad::mad::mad:

How depressing. Give us back a national final with a bunch of no-marks. When has an "internal selection" ever done well at Eurovision? I'm not counting Running sh!t Scared as nobody likes it :p;)

Is Simone Cristicchi one of the possibilities for Italy?

penguinperson 13-02-2013 20:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew Peacock (Post 64236760)
How depressing. Give us back a national final with a bunch of no-marks. When has an "internal selection" ever done well at Eurovision? I'm not counting Running sh!t Scared as nobody likes it :p;)

Is Simone Cristicchi one of the possibilities for Italy?

We have to also ask how many of the supposed open selections are an illusion of choice like the Johnathan King NFs for the UK.

Italy - No supposedly not. This woman is in contention though.

EuroChris 13-02-2013 21:00

They'll most likely make the announcement at the beginning of March like they do most years. I guess it makes sense to wait until the shortest time possible before ESC to announce our artist/song.

Drew Peacock 13-02-2013 21:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinperson (Post 64236805)
We have to also ask how many of the supposed open selections are an illusion of choice like the Johnathan King NFs for the UK.

Italy - No supposedly not. This woman is in contention though.

At least JK wouldn't have let Scooch win. ;)

She's good, a proper singer. I would pick the drama of the first song.

21stCenturyBoy 13-02-2013 21:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew Peacock (Post 64236760)
How depressing. Give us back a national final with a bunch of no-marks. When has an "internal selection" ever done well at Eurovision? I'm not counting Running sh!t Scared as nobody likes it :p;)

Is Simone Cristicchi one of the possibilities for Italy?

Turkey have always done quite well out of them.

I don't mind internal selections, but the person behind them should have at least a base knowledge about Eurovision. Katie Taylor is useless!

EuroChris 13-02-2013 21:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew Peacock (Post 64236760)
When has an "internal selection" ever done well at Eurovision?

2012
Serbia - 3rd
Azerbaijan (song) - 4th
Turkey - 7th
Italy (song) - 9th

2011
Azerbaijan (song) - 1st
Bosnia & Herzegovina - 6th

2010
Turkey - 2nd
Azerbaijan (song) - 5th
Belgium - 6th

penguinperson 13-02-2013 21:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew Peacock (Post 64237053)
At least JK wouldn't have let Scooch win. ;)

She's good, a proper singer. I would pick the drama of the first song.

Out of Marco and Malika I'd go for Marco so far but neither have impressed me with their Sanremo entries

phill363 13-02-2013 21:10

We need some one with knowledge of both the music industry and Eurovision to choose our song, would never happen though with the useless BBC.

penguinperson 13-02-2013 21:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by phill363 (Post 64237163)
We need some one with knowledge of both the music industry and Eurovision to choose our song, would never happen though with the useless BBC.

Though he praised the Hump at first they should have taken up Paul Gambaccini on his ideas.

phill363 13-02-2013 21:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinperson (Post 64237205)
Though he praised the Hump at first they should have taken up Paul Gambaccini on his ideas.

I think we all praised the hump though after the initial shock, he would know what he was doing anyway.

Some one put Nicole Schrödinger and her new song boomerang on the Wiki page, she's been blacklisted from Radio 1 now so would make sense :D

steeleuro_wolf 13-02-2013 21:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by phill363 (Post 64237555)
I think we all praised the hump though after the initial shock, he would know what he was doing anyway.

Some one put Nicole Schrödinger and her new song boomerang on the Wiki page, she's been blacklisted from Radio 1 now so would make sense :D

Who? :p

avb 13-02-2013 21:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by phill363 (Post 64237555)
I think we all praised the hump though after the initial shock, he would know what he was doing anyway.

Speak for yourself! :D

In the history of bizarre decisions, picking Engelbert Humperdinck was right up there...

BigBmad 13-02-2013 21:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinperson (Post 64236380)
What I fear is the web team bloke this year is a Cher, Rylan & Spice Girl obssesed fanboy :mad::mad::mad:

....this means nothing at all

Quote:

Originally Posted by phill363 (Post 64236734)
Starting to worry about us this year now, Katie Taylor should be given the sack if she's vetoed another artist for some has been.

Mods have been busy chopping up threads, the UK TV forum looks a mess with all locked threads.

This seems does the rounds like a well known fact but has anyone credible actually came out and said this?

penguinperson 13-02-2013 21:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBmad (Post 64237759)
....this means nothing at all



This seems does the rounds like a well known fact but has anyone credible actually came out and said this?

Of course but when it's couples with a gay favorite and Geri Halliwell rumours you're allowed to worry

The second came from web producers that worked on the show in 2009 now working in other departments.

BigBmad 13-02-2013 21:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinperson (Post 64237833)
Of course but when it's couples with a gay favorite and Geri Halliwell rumours you're allowed to worry

The second came from web producers that worked on the show in 2009 now working in other departments.

Rumours rumours rumours though, one mans word has become a fact. There hasn't been a substantial rumour at all this year. Geri rumour has not even been as strong as previous years.

Strongest rumour we have had this year has been Kimberley from girls aloud and then was only because of who wrote one of the songs on her album :p

penguinperson 13-02-2013 21:50

Annalisa looks very much like Karen Hardy from SCD in the flesh

BBAnne 13-02-2013 22:27

Woder how long this thread will last? We finished the last one off in about 3 weeks didn't we??

And globbits, Grete is my favourite from Semi 1 too - the way she enunciates the Estonian language is pure heaven to listen to :)

Meil On Aiga Veel and Missing Light are my picks for the second semi, changing the kids backing vocals for ones over 16 shouldn't be too much of a problem should it?

With 5 from each semi to go through, we shouldn't have too many dramaz

We haven't really mentioned much about Austria on Friday have we? After hearing them for about 3 weeks now, I've grown to really like most of them, even Bandaloop :eek: I think it's only Elija that I'm not feeling

phill363 13-02-2013 22:34

I Reckon we will have used this one up by Monday so much happening this week.

I only really like Shine is Austria, but Bandaloop has grown a bit, it would be strange if they pick that and Germany choose Blitzkids cos I think the styles are quite similar.

Katsuya 13-02-2013 22:36

It's going to be Cascada or Ben Ivory in all likelihood. I can't see any of the others getting enough consistent support.

21stCenturyBoy 13-02-2013 22:38

I'd hope Austria go for Natalia- she's the strongest bet of reaching the final, I think.

I'm saying Cascada, Ben Ivory or Nica & Joe in Germany. Cyprus and their "sweet Greek ballad" tomorrow- I've a terrible feeling it might be a bit dated.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 14:45.