Digital Spy Forums

Digital Spy Forums (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/index.php)
-   Politics (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Heather Frost aka 'Dole Queen' and family goes into hiding (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1800208)

barrcode88 20-02-2013 01:01

Heather Frost aka 'Dole Queen' and family goes into hiding
 
http://www.itv.com/news/west/story/2...nsion-for-mum/ - due to death threats and malicious phone calls.

Well done all, mission accomplished! :rolleyes:

Staunchy 20-02-2013 01:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by barrcode88 (Post 64357572)
http://www.itv.com/news/west/story/2...nsion-for-mum/ - due to death threats and malicious phone calls.

Well done all, mission accomplished! :rolleyes:

Who is this "all" you're referring to? If you have any information I suggest you forward it to the police.

MARTYM8 20-02-2013 01:07

With a hairstyle that bright red and a family that big it surely won't be long before they are discovered. The story almost makes them sound like the von Trapp family in the sound of music - perhaps the nuns have taken them in and will sabotage the Sun journalists cars so that they can escape across the border into the safety of Wales?:D

barrcode88 20-02-2013 01:15

Cool, if you were a single mum looking after 11 children I'm sure you'd find the time to work too right? The kids are here now, nothing you can do about it - the fact people are envious of the life that this woman has had is proof they are thick as s**t.

MARTYM8 20-02-2013 01:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by barrcode88 (Post 64357684)
Cool, if you were a single mum looking after 11 children I'm sure you'd find the time to work too right? The kids are here now, nothing you can do about it - the fact people are envious of the life that this woman has had is proof they are thick as s**t.

Yes - but perhaps we could design a benefit system that discourages lone parents from having 11 kids secure in the knowledge the state will house/feed/clothe them for life!

Cos if you think this is all so wonderful - you pay for it and we can vote to have our taxes spent on the frail elderly and disabled who didn't but themselves in their predicament by choice!!

gummy mummy 20-02-2013 01:21

I would suggest it is whoever it was that reported it to the newspaper in the first place that are most to blame.

FMKK 20-02-2013 01:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARTYM8 (Post 64357706)
Yes - but perhaps we could design a benefit system that discourages lone parents from having 11 kids secure in the knowledge the state will house/feed/clothe them for life!

Cos if you think this is all so wonderful - you pay for it and we can vote to have our taxes spent on the frail elderly and disabled who didn't but themselves in their predicament by choice!!

But its not as if there are loads of people going down this route. This is a rather extreme example of someone on benefits that the gutter press have jumped on because it fits their 'scroungers' narrative. They've picked an easy target, whipped up an outrage and now 11 children are unable to stay in their home through no fault of their own. This is shameful.

barrcode88 20-02-2013 01:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARTYM8 (Post 64357706)
Yes - but perhaps we could design a benefit system that discourages lone parents from having 11 kids secure in the knowledge the state will house/feed/clothe them for life!

Cos if you think this is all so wonderful - you pay for it and we can vote to have our taxes spent on the frail elderly and disabled who didn't but themselves in their predicament by choice!!

This is just an extreme example, something you'd find on Record Breakers..

The original two houses that she was living in will now be provided for two people/families, and when her kids grow up and move out the new house will be downsized for another person or family to move into the new separated home, good money saver for the taxpayer, we have a welfare state, like it or not, and thats how you use it, why should the kids suffer for it too, its not their fault is it?

And Child Benefit benefit stops at 16 years of age unless special needs/disabled, the current reform will probably make sure of that.

geordiejackie 20-02-2013 01:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMKK (Post 64357753)
But its not as if there are loads of people going down this route. This is a rather extreme example of someone on benefits that the gutter press have jumped on because it fits their 'scroungers' narrative. They've picked an easy target, whipped up an outrage and now 11 children are unable to stay in their home through no fault of their own. This is shameful.

Well said

Regards Jack

oldfogey101 20-02-2013 01:41

I've seen people in the supermarket buying a trolley full of baby food - on several occasions. I've not surveyed it, but I'm not sure it's an anomaly either.

whip 20-02-2013 01:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARTYM8 (Post 64357706)
Yes - but perhaps we could design a benefit system that discourages lone parents from having 11 kids secure in the knowledge the state will house/feed/clothe them for life!

Cos if you think this is all so wonderful - you pay for it and we can vote to have our taxes spent on the frail elderly and disabled who didn't but themselves in their predicament by choice!!

So what would you do when the Catholics cry religious persecution?

bspace 20-02-2013 02:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by barrcode88 (Post 64357768)
This is just an extreme example, something you'd find on Record Breakers..

The original two houses that she was living in will now be provided for two people/families, and when her kids grow up and move out the new house will be downsized for another person or family to move into the new separated home, good money saver for the taxpayer, we have a welfare state, like it or not, and thats how you use it, why should the kids suffer for it too, its not their fault is it?

And Child Benefit benefit stops at 16 years of age unless special needs/disabled, the current reform will probably make sure of that.

so your perfectly happy to have another lot of kids brought up in the belief that there's no need to contribute to society

personally I see that as just as detrimental to children's well-being as the possibility of suffering a little hardship

how can you expect children to value the notion of personal responsibility and self worth
when everything in their upbringing teaches them otherwise

barrcode88 20-02-2013 02:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by bspace (Post 64357965)
so your perfectly happy to have another lot of kids brought up in the belief that there's no need to contribute to society

personally I see that as just as detrimental to children's well-being as the possibility of suffering a little hardship

how can you expect children to value the notion of personal responsibility and self worth
when everything in their upbringing teaches them otherwise

How do you know thats how they've been brought up? You don't know them do you?

Biffo the Bear 20-02-2013 02:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by bspace (Post 64357965)
so your perfectly happy to have another lot of kids brought up in the belief that there's no need to contribute to society

personally I see that as just as detrimental to children's well-being as the possibility of suffering a little hardship

how can you expect children to value the notion of personal responsibility and self worth
when everything in their upbringing teaches them otherwise

What do you recommend is done for those children then?

auntiesocial 20-02-2013 02:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by bspace (Post 64357965)
so your perfectly happy to have another lot of kids brought up in the belief that there's no need to contribute to society

personally I see that as just as detrimental to children's well-being as the possibility of suffering a little hardship

how can you expect children to value the notion of personal responsibility and self worth
when everything in their upbringing teaches them otherwise

But without support it wouldn't be a little hardship, it would be quite alot. Chances are all they would learn then is how to beg and steal to survive. In what way would that benefit society?

mickmars 20-02-2013 04:37

For all those who say,but what about the poor kids I say there is no way this feckless irresponsible woman would have had 11 kids if child benefit stopped at 2 or 3 children.

Antonia Smart 20-02-2013 04:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by barrcode88 (Post 64357572)
http://www.itv.com/news/west/story/2...nsion-for-mum/ - due to death threats and malicious phone calls.

Well done all, mission accomplished! :rolleyes:

Ahem, I for one are not one of the baying Tory mob, who seem to think that the unemployed and disabled are as the Christians were to the Romans there for their sport and entertainment as they fed them to the lions.

Many Tory contributors on here need to take a look at themselves.

MartinP 20-02-2013 08:26

If she's managed to go "into hiding" then does she really need this house? Sounds like she's already found somewhere else to live pretty quick! ;)

tysonstorm 20-02-2013 08:36

Anyone with any shred of intelligence knew that this was going to happen once the Right Wing press had whipped up their hysterical chimps into a frenzy.

People won't be happy until this woman and her family are all dead, just because she had the audacity to claim benefits, some benefits, such as Housing Benefit which was introduced by the Tories and Thatcher in the 80's I might add.

This is going to cost the tax-payer even more now, well done all who hounded this woman and her family.

The hysterical Right Wing masses strike again and needless to say it's clear now that the Tories demonisation of benefit claimants and the disabled is working.

And before anyone starts, yes I do find this woman and her excessive breeding repugnant, it's bordering on child abuse, and that child benefits should be capped at 2 kids max and capped at families earning 30k.

Interesting to note too, that the media are still insisting it's the council building her the home, from the article:

Quote:

The council has been criticised for building a six-bedroom house for Heather Frost
Quote:

it was revealed that Tewkesbury Council is building a new home for her family.
But yet the council are not building it, it's the Housing Association who bought the land that is building it. So why do the media keep saying the council are building it unless they are deliberately trying to provide misinformation to the public?

Reminds me of "If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it".

DariaM 20-02-2013 08:49

Is this story legitimate, or simply a con job ?

A few weeks ago, one of the red tops featured (I think) someone professing to be a Lithuanian Woman, who came to the UK, and was living the life of luxury on benefits.

BUT... it turned out that she was an actress, and paid by the Red Top to play this charade.

In the meantime, you have the utterly hapless George Iain Duncan Smith, introducing policies which are either illegal or systems which do not work, where in the case of Universal Credit (due to go live on April 1st 2013), a Troubleshooter from the Major Projects Authority has had to be seconded to the DWP to get to grips with Universal Credit. And, in the case of a key system,, Universal Job Match, which was introduced on Nov 19 2012, the system does not work. A flaw in the system may result in candidates being matched to vacancies which, when applications have to be made through an external website, may have been withdrawn.

Of course... the Work Programme cost about 3Bn, and recent accredited figures suggest that only 2.5% of candidates assigned found sustainable employment, and Universal Credit cost a modest 16.5Million.

welwynrose 20-02-2013 09:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by tysonstorm (Post 64358982)
Anyone with any shred of intelligence knew that this was going to happen once the Right Wing press had whipped up their hysterical chimps into a frenzy.

People won't be happy until this woman and her family are all dead, just because she had the audacity to claim benefits, some benefits, such as Housing Benefit which was introduced by the Tories and Thatcher in the 80's I might add.

This is going to cost the tax-payer even more now, well done all who hounded this woman and her family.

The hysterical Right Wing masses strike again and needless to say it's clear now that the Tories demonisation of benefit claimants and the disabled is working.

And before anyone starts, yes I do find this woman and her excessive breeding repugnant, it's bordering on child abuse, and that child benefits should be capped at 2 kids max and capped at families earning 30k.

Interesting to note too, that the media are still insisting it's the council building her the home, from the article:





But yet the council are not building it, it's the Housing Association who bought the land that is building it. So why do the media keep saying the council are building it unless they are deliberately trying to provide misinformation to the public?

Reminds me of "If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it".


I can't believe that you really think people want her dead

MartinP 20-02-2013 09:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by welwynrose (Post 64359323)
I can't believe that you really think people want her dead

Yes, it was a very silly and immature thing for tysonstorm to say.

WindWalker 20-02-2013 09:37

The level of intelligence, not to mention compassion, amongst some in this country is worrying to say the least. Some folk seem to lap up these stories in the media, pontificate upon high about how wrong they are then vilify them for being victims of government policies. I dread to think how any children they have are being brought up. Children don't see colour, disability, illness, they interact and play happily with whoever they are around. To have that replaced by hate, scorn, racism or xenophobia learnt from their parents is a tragedy. The government and media have an awful lot to answer for...

gemma-the-husky 20-02-2013 09:42

it's like a mantra for the modern west (maybe just the UK)

aaahhh, the poor little kiddies ...


----
part of the trouble is the industries full of do-gooders creaming millions in support services on the back of these "people in need".

The poverty industry is alive and well

FMKK 20-02-2013 09:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickmars (Post 64358331)
For all those who say,but what about the poor kids I say there is no way this feckless irresponsible woman would have had 11 kids if child benefit stopped at 2 or 3 children.

And what? The situation is what it is so blathering on about whether she would have had 11 children if the child benefit rules are different isn't going to do anything for anyone. People can still feel sorry for the children without necessarily sympathising with the mother but your inference here is that we shouldn't care about the children because most of them shouldn't exist. How callous.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 21:06.