Digital Spy Forums

Digital Spy Forums (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/index.php)
-   Eurovision Song Contest (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=253)
-   -   The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 48) (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1804153)

DS Forum Support 04-03-2013 17:42

The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 48)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CelticMyth (Post 64589216)
I really hope they go back to random draw next year. EBU should never have indulged Bjorkman.

[LIST]Admin Notice: This thread is a continuation of: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1800014[/LIST]

penguinperson 04-03-2013 17:45

Yay new thread

Yugimuto1 04-03-2013 17:47

New thread!

BBAnne 04-03-2013 18:47

They took their time!

Eurostar 04-03-2013 18:53

Time for the first UK rumour of the new thread........anybody? :D

Edinboy 04-03-2013 18:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eurostar (Post 64590809)
Time for the first UK rumour of the new thread........anybody? :D

....nearly only 13 days to go, I hope for some recent has been...we'll soon find out

BigBmad 04-03-2013 18:56

Well....

On the thread about who people think will represent the UK, Rozalla has one vote....cast by the forum member 'KatieTaylor'.

When you click on 'KatieTaylor' profile you can't access her information

:D :D

bitchboyblue 04-03-2013 18:57

oooh here we go....ive been a bit rubbish this year, but im so excited for eurovision....so far i keep hearing bonnie tyler, tpau, gamu and tyler james....its bound to be awful...

BigBmad 04-03-2013 18:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitchboyblue (Post 64590908)
oooh here we go....ive been a bit rubbish this year, but im so excited for eurovision....so far i keep hearing bonnie tyler, tpau, gamu and tyler james....its bound to be awful...

The artist has been played on Graham Nortons show in the last 4 weeks.

It rules out Bonnie and tpau.

Gamu has denied it

phill363 04-03-2013 19:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBmad (Post 64590876)
Well....

On the thread about who people think will represent the UK, Rozalla has one vote....cast by the forum member 'KatieTaylor'.

When you click on 'KatieTaylor' profile you can't access her information

:D :D

Got to be one of the mods having a laugh at us :D

Eurostar 04-03-2013 19:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBmad (Post 64590876)
Well....

On the thread about who people think will represent the UK, Rozalla has one vote....cast by the forum member 'KatieTaylor'.

When you click on 'KatieTaylor' profile you can't access her information

:D :D

Had to Youtube her to even find out who she is. From Zimbabwe (like Gamu) and it says Everybody's Free was a hit in 1991....I presume she's in her 40s now? :)

Eurostar 04-03-2013 19:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by phill363 (Post 64591130)
Got to be one of the mods having a laugh at us :D

Could be Irish Olympic boxing champion Katie Taylor :D

Yugimuto1 04-03-2013 19:27

It's not the real Katie anyway, because according to her profile, she's 41.

steeleuro_wolf 04-03-2013 19:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eurostar (Post 64591307)
Could be Irish Olympic boxing champion Katie Taylor :D

That's who I always think of when I hear the name! I was so confused when I first heard that someone called Katie Taylor was in charge of our selection the other year :D

BigBmad 04-03-2013 19:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yugimuto1 (Post 64591859)
It's not the real Katie anyway, because according to her profile, she's 41.

I think we all figured that out Yugi, I am sure the head of bbc entertainment would take time out of her day to register an account and vote on a poll on here :D

BigBmad 04-03-2013 19:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eurostar (Post 64591275)
Had to Youtube her to even find out who she is. From Zimbabwe (like Gamu) and it says Everybody's Free was a hit in 1991....I presume she's in her 40s now? :)

Have you never heard Everybody's free before, its a tuneee :D

penguinperson 04-03-2013 19:48

Love how the AB stans have turned into Eurovision experts overnight spilling out the same tired cliched :rolleyes: :D

Regardless
David Burke ‏@MrDavidBurke
Set the record straight... Alex is NOT doing Eurovision! She is focused on her new album! Good luck to whoever represents UK though...

spindiddly 04-03-2013 19:56

Do people actually like Slovenia? It seems quite popular but I was just wondering what y'all thought. :)

phill363 04-03-2013 20:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinperson (Post 64592516)
Love how the AB stans have turned into Eurovision experts overnight spilling out the same tired cliched :rolleyes: :D

Regardless
David Burke ‏@MrDavidBurke
Set the record straight... Alex is NOT doing Eurovision! She is focused on her new album! Good luck to whoever represents UK though...

Could be a fake denial wouldn't cross her off the list completely.

But one good thing is we won't have to put up with her fans :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by spindiddly (Post 64592795)
Do people actually like Slovenia? It seems quite popular but I was just wondering what y'all thought. :)

Yeah I like Slovenia :)

Eurostar 04-03-2013 20:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by spindiddly (Post 64592795)
Do people actually like Slovenia? It seems quite popular but I was just wondering what y'all thought. :)

Probably my favourite song this year and Hannah is a great singer....nice to have a bit of Dubstep in Eurovision.

I think she'll qualify comfortably but could suffer with the Loreen comparisons in the final.

BigBmad 04-03-2013 20:09

Its gonna be Taylor Dayne ;)

Eurostar 04-03-2013 20:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by phill363 (Post 64593027)
Could be a fake denial wouldn't cross her off the list completely.

But one good thing is we won't have to put up with her fans :)

I doubt Alex or her team would discuss Eurovision in any way if she had signed a contract with the BBC, so that pretty much rules her out.

spindiddly 04-03-2013 20:27

Anyone that's not an old, washed up, has been is an improvement.

And theres no way we can have a song as dull as last year AGAIN! Surely?

I would have loved Alex though. :/

21stCenturyBoy 04-03-2013 20:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinperson (Post 64592516)
Love how the AB stans have turned into Eurovision experts overnight spilling out the same tired cliched :rolleyes: :D

Regardless
David Burke ‏@MrDavidBurke
Set the record straight... Alex is NOT doing Eurovision! She is focused on her new album! Good luck to whoever represents UK though...

Sounds like a bit of a weak denial- the "good luck" bit especially.

If she's officially out, the only women it's likely to be on that list are Petula or Bonnie.

DamienS 04-03-2013 20:45

An old woman fumbling over a duff ballad! Great stuff
can't wait to try and scrape a point


All times are GMT. The time now is 18:08.