Digital Spy Forums

Digital Spy Forums (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/index.php)
-   Movies (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   martial arts fans please help!! (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1804749)

chloedancer 06-03-2013 12:41

martial arts fans please help!!
 
I am a huge Tony jaa fan,but as he has made so few.I am looking for some others like his.

i have been told "born to fight" and "bankock knockout " are great but while i can find them with subs(my preferred way) i cant seem to find english dubbed versions.its the only way my friends will watch them.does anyone have any such links where i may be able to dl dubbed versions of these movies?

any help would be greatly appreciated!!:)

JaiJai 06-03-2013 13:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by chloedancer (Post 64623893)
I am a huge Tony jaa fan,but as he has made so few.I am looking for some others like his.

i have been told "born to fight" and "bankock knockout " are great but while i can find them with subs(my preferred way) i cant seem to find english dubbed versions.its the only way my friends will watch them.does anyone have any such links where i may be able to dl dubbed versions of these movies?

any help would be greatly appreciated!!:)

Chocolate & Raging Phoenix spring to mind - as for English dubbed? No idea but perhap dvdcompare will help.

degsyhufc 06-03-2013 16:22

I was going to recommend Chocolate. It's not really like Jaa but it's also not all wire-fu.
Personally I thought Raging Phoenix was pants.

IP Man has more natural fight scenes also.
You may want to check out other Donnie Yen movies.

Takae 06-03-2013 18:44

I don't know much about martial arts films (not that keen on them), but The Raid: Redemption has similar insane fights.

Andy Birkenhead 07-03-2013 19:32

Tony Jaa's "Warrior King" is brilliant
I have had "Chocolate" on my shelf for well over a year now and I've still not watched it ! :D

andrewhh 08-03-2013 00:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy Birkenhead (Post 64650943)
Tony Jaa's "Warrior King" is brilliant
I have had "Chocolate" on my shelf for well over a year now and I've still not watched it ! :D



You really should watch it soon, it's brilliant! Fight scenes are epic!

Andy Birkenhead 08-03-2013 20:44

"Kuro Obi" (Black Belt) is a good one.
It stars Tatsuya Naka, 6th Dan Instructor of the Japan Karate Association (JKA)

Jenzen 08-03-2013 22:12

Another vote for Chocolate, crazy film but so enjoyable :D

grimtales1 08-03-2013 22:57

Not heard of Bangkok Knockout, I enjoyed Born to Fight, some of the fighting in that film was crazy.

CBFreak 09-03-2013 12:43

There are some obvious choices for me like Hero and House of Flying Daggers but both are a bit more fantastical in terms of the fighting. And of course the Bruce Lee films.

I do love the Police Story films with Jackie Chan. Some of his best work.
Oh and the Jet Li Once Upon a Time films are amongst my favourites.

Wing Chun has both Donnie Yen and Michelle Yeoh and is a great under recognised martila rats films. #
Drunken Master 2 is worth watching as well!

Takae 09-03-2013 13:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBFreak (Post 64679289)
There are some obvious choices for me like Hero and House of Flying Daggers but both are a bit more fantastical in terms of the fighting.

Those two are wuxia films, aren't they? Wuxia films are supposed to be more fantastical in terms of fighting, storytelling and so on?


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 18:50.