Digital Spy Forums

Digital Spy Forums (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/index.php)
-   Showbiz (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Has Frankie Boyle gone TOO far now? (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1805259)

Saltydog1955 07-03-2013 19:43

Has Frankie Boyle gone TOO far now?
 
OK, he doesn't like the Royals, but that kind of stuff really isn't necessary. I can see he's going to be totally banned from TV now and just reduced to touring.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...t-8524030.html

JasonWatkins 07-03-2013 19:49

I don't think he'll be "banned", he just won't be booked. I don't personally find him funny but I know many people do - I think there are better people out there who do offensive humour. His approach seems to be to say as many offensive things as possible in the hope that one will get him a laugh and another one will get him in the papers.

suncity 07-03-2013 19:50

It's an artform. If you don't like it, odn't watch it would be my advise. I don't like scary films as they disturb me - so I don't watch them. Simples.

lolacola 07-03-2013 19:51

I used to find him funny on Mock the Week, but he doesn't seem so funny now. He now seems pissed off and wants to start fights with anyone who'll listen to him.

I'm by no means a fan of Katie Price, but joking that her disabled son wants to f... her isn't funny. There are some things that you shouldn't joke about. People's kids is one of them.

lyndalahughes 07-03-2013 19:52

Roy Chubby Brown could never get on TV and is regarded as a cult. Perhaps Frankie is hoping to do the same, I'm sure he could live off his DVD sales. Burn one bridge and another gets built. ;)

Grabid Rannies 07-03-2013 19:55

I can't actually see what's meant to have constituted a 'joke' as all I read was a stream of barely coherent verbal diarrhoea.

lyndalahughes 07-03-2013 19:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by suncity (Post 64651497)
It's an artform. If you don't like it, odn't watch it would be my advise. I don't like scary films as they disturb me - so I don't watch them. Simples.

No love, it's no artform and those meerkats are now my slippers.

It's all about , he can make more on DVD sales as a banned act than he can on a TV panel show. See the wider picture.

Caltonfan 07-03-2013 19:57

its not any worse than any other joke he has made

Saltydog1955 07-03-2013 19:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by suncity (Post 64651497)
It's an artform. If you don't like it, odn't watch it would be my advise. I don't like scary films as they disturb me - so I don't watch them. Simples.

Nobody was able to watch it as the whole act was cut from the final programme. If he wanted to outrage people by not appearing, he's certainly succeeded.

degsyhufc 07-03-2013 20:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saltydog1955 (Post 64651299)
OK, he doesn't like the Royals, but that kind of stuff really isn't necessary. I can see he's going to be totally banned from TV now and just reduced to touring.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...t-8524030.html

You should be glad otherwise you'd have nothing to post about.

Funny to read that Whitehall's full set was cut :D

lexi22 07-03-2013 20:01

Couldn't care less what he says about the royals. The only thing I find offensive here is how unfunny Boyle is. Embarrassingly so.

Saltydog1955 07-03-2013 20:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by degsyhufc (Post 64651759)
You should be glad otherwise you'd have nothing to post about.

I'm ecstatic! :D ;)

Quote:

Funny to read that Whitehall's full set was cut :D
Yes, I can't stand him either. Silly little upper class twit. :D

lyndalahughes 07-03-2013 20:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by lexi22 (Post 64651773)
Couldn't care less what he says about the royals. The only thing I find offensive here is how unfunny Boyle is. Embarrassingly so.

I know comedy is subjective, but even so, you can see the desperation to have attention in his act, which kind of makes what he actually says irrelevant since it's secondary.

darkjedimaster 07-03-2013 20:11

The jokes about Kate were great & truthful about her t*ts, loved the joked about the pope as well. :D

Saltydog1955 07-03-2013 20:14

I just don't think he's capable of having any empathy with the people who he makes 'fun' of. How would he feel if someone said 'I hope your mum/dad/granny/child dies'?

He'd be the first person to be up in arms.

rosco2010 07-03-2013 20:14

How many more times can he go "too far"? This discussion rears its ugly head several times a year. He's dreadful and completely unfunny, but i'm sure he has an audience of like-minded people who like what he does.

Saltydog1955 07-03-2013 20:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosco2010 (Post 64652115)
How many more times can he go "too far"? This discussion rears its ugly head several times a year. He's dreadful and completely unfunny, but i'm sure he has an audience of like-minded people who like what he does.

Yes, I'm waiting for his defenders to rear their heads next.

lyndalahughes 07-03-2013 20:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saltydog1955 (Post 64652098)
I just don't think he's capable of having any empathy with the people who he makes 'fun' of. How would he feel if someone said 'I hope your mum/dad/granny/child dies'?

He'd be the first person to be up in arms.

He's probably 'in character', which is an excuse for being a sly ****.

Saltydog1955 07-03-2013 20:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by lyndalahughes (Post 64652146)
He's probably 'in character', which is an excuse for being a sly ****.

When he was on Mock The Week I read his 'autobiography', and he sounds as if he was a s*it right from the time he was a kid.

gulliverfoyle 07-03-2013 20:30

humour is subjective

I think frankies funny because I get the joke the sicker the better

thats MY humour

but as usual others try to impose there point of view and cant see anyone elses

pathetic really

The Prumeister 07-03-2013 20:54

I used to find him funny but he's become a parody of himself now; he's like the Michael McIntyre of gallows humour.

Still, the more Mary Whitehouse esq the reaction, the greater the thrill he no doubt gets from it:D:D

Fizgig 07-03-2013 20:57

I saw his dvd, the 'Michael Jackson's Children's Hospital' joke just left me like... "There's something not right with this guy"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM8EVIbNxk4

lexi22 07-03-2013 21:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Prumeister (Post 64653214)
I used to find him funny but he's become a parody of himself now; he's like the Michael McIntyre of gallows humour.

Still, the more Mary Whitehouse esq the reaction, the greater the thrill he no doubt gets from it:D:D

Yeah, me too. He was genuinely funny, back when his satire had bite and intelligence.

Sad to say as awful as Boyle now is, if the choice were him and McIntyre, no competition. Boyle. That's how grimly unfunny I think McIntyre is. :D

Nesta Robbins 07-03-2013 21:08

Trouble is, he's just after attention and judging by the 2000 plus posts in the Daily Mail alone, he's getting it!

The Prumeister 07-03-2013 21:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by lexi22 (Post 64653590)
Yeah, me too. He was genuinely funny, back when his satire had bite and intelligence.

Sad to say as awful as Boyle now is, if the choice were him and McIntyre, no competition. Boyle. That's how grimly unfunny I think McIntyre is. :D



Oh me too!!!!!


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 23:54.