Digital Spy Forums

Digital Spy Forums (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/index.php)
-   Showbiz (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Michael Jackson 1993 case (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1806135)

sparkle22 10-03-2013 17:52

Michael Jackson 1993 case
 
was reading a book recently which talked about details about the case and was wondering if michael is innocent.
And that the family were after money to produce a movie that evan chandler had come up with why jordie has not spoken out since he must be around 32 years old by now.
Is he legally not allowed?.

Rowan Hedge 10-03-2013 18:06

Did he interfere with the kids, well I'd say something happened but what and to what extent no one will ever know.

There is no smoke without fire and jacko certainly was a strange one.

whatever54 10-03-2013 18:10

not sure but the whole Jimmy Saville case makes me doubt Jackson did anything wrong. I think if he did any victims would have spoken out when he died

Inspiration 10-03-2013 18:18

My gut feeling is he was innocent.

Thomas Mesereau discussed the 90s case briefly here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8iO1wRHegY

I doubt we'll ever know for sure unless JC does admit to something. He twice refused to testify against MJ in the 2005 case and even threatened the FBI with legal action if they tried to get him to testify. So he clearly didn't want to discuss what supposedly happened to him.

maninthequeue 10-03-2013 19:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by whatever54 (Post 64702861)
not sure but the whole Jimmy Saville case makes me doubt Jackson did anything wrong. I think if he did any victims would have spoken out when he died

What you have to remember is unlike the UK; in the USA the estate of a deceased person can sue for slander. Hence post his death it makes/made it far more difficult for "victims" to come forward and accuse MJ, than in the Saville case where he has no right of reply/recourse.

i4u 10-03-2013 20:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparkle22 (Post 64702504)
was reading a book recently which talked about details about the case and was wondering if michael is innocent.
And that the family were after money to produce a movie that evan chandler had come up with why jordie has not spoken out since he must be around 32 years old by now.
Is he legally not allowed?.

When Michael Jackson died the official line was he was fit as a fiddle no problems, the 'This Is It' film produced by Kenny Ortega proved it.

Yet Kenny had been e-mailing Randy Phillips (AEG) of his concerns and in affect to shut.

Randy Phillips referred to Michael as a 'basket case' locking himself away drunk in a hotel room.

If those people could go on TV and blank that out of their minds then what else would the Jackson machine happily cover up as a favour or for commercial reasons?

Someone doesn't employ an enforcer such as Anthony Pellicano without having something to hide. Why hire muscle like Pellicano to deal with the Chandlers and at the same time he was the person dealing with Wade Robson's record deal?

Coincidence the record deal was agreed at the same time Michael's defence caved in?

Inspiration 10-03-2013 22:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by i4u (Post 64706829)
Someone doesn't employ an enforcer such as Anthony Pellicano without having something to hide.

Perhaps he was brought in to make a problem go away. That doesn't have to indicate guilt.

i4u 11-03-2013 23:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspiration (Post 64708927)
Perhaps he was brought in to make a problem go away. That doesn't have to indicate guilt.

So why would Pellicano regularly lie?

Jul 8 1993 Secret recording made of a phone call between Evan Chandler and the partner of Jordie's mother. Tape given to audio expert Anthony Pellicano.

Aug 4 1993 Michael, Evan, Jordie and Pellicano have a meeting at the Westwood Marquis. Later guess who's version makes it way into the media.

Aug 23 1993 Police raid Neverland, media don't know why.Pellicano was out of the country, he instructs Michael's driver to pick up a case from a hideout Michael had, and take the case to Pellicano's apartment.

Aug 24 1993 Pellicano tells the media he has been investigating for 2 months* an attempted extortion, (by the mother)* alongside the police and the molestation claims were part of the extortion.

Few days later The LA Times reveals no claims of extortion had been lodged with the Police.

The police had been supplied with the tapes of the calls to Evan and declare they could find no evidence of extortion.

Sep 01 1933 At a press conference Pellicano plays part of the phone calls to Evan Chandler, to demonstrate what a bad man he is...but no extortion.

The LA Police produced a transcript of the phone calls (over 200 pages?). In October 1994 Mary Fischer wrote a defence of Michael, in it she quoted bits of the Evan telephone calls.

Mary somehow managed to create a quote which began with a line on page 134 of the Police transcript followed by a line from page 206 ending with a line from page 27, she's a genius. Or was she using an edited version supplied by Pellicano.

*At about the time Evan was raising concerns with his wife, Pellicano a private detective began negotiating the record deal with Wade Robson's mother.

Inspiration 12-03-2013 11:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by i4u (Post 64729164)
So why would Pellicano regularly lie?

I'm missing something, why does that indicate MJ guilt?

Victoria Sponge 12-03-2013 12:26

Sorry, a bit off-topic, but why on Earth was the boy even named in the first place anyway? I feel very sorry for him. He is apparently now a recluse. I'd not be surprised if he's changed his i.d.

Big Boy Barry 12-03-2013 14:25

MJ was innocent. In both cases. He did however put himself in the vulnerable position to be accused of such things.

katmobile 12-03-2013 20:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Victoria Sponge (Post 64733941)
Sorry, a bit off-topic, but why on Earth was the boy even named in the first place anyway? I feel very sorry for him. He is apparently now a recluse. I'd not be surprised if he's changed his i.d.

I'd argee with that - whether MJ was guilty or innocent it seems pretty clear that neither of his parents really cared about that lad
I hope that he has changed his name and is living a normal life away from this hoopla.

Nesta Robbins 12-03-2013 21:17

I can't believe that all this was as long as 20 years ago! Feels far more recent.

JasonWatkins 12-03-2013 21:39

I always felt that, at the time, the worst thing he did from a PR perspective is continue flying around the world when the allegations broke. If he was truly innocent, he should have said "Right, I'm getting on the first plane back to the states and i'll fight these allegations in court". But, if memory serves, he avoided going back for months.

paralax 12-03-2013 21:47

There are books and articles, which show that this was an extortion attempt, which thanks to a biased district attorney worked.

The Mary Fischer investigation, (put her name in the seach engine and you will find it) shows just how he was set up. He did put himself in a fairly vulnerable position but as so many have said he was never alone with these boys, the media refer to a 'hotel room', that's a joke, he had either a suite or usually a whole floor of a hotel. His 'bedroom' was a two storey, three bedroom, two bathroom area bigger than the average house.

MJ's mistake was slamming the tabloids, they never forgave him.

glyn9799 12-03-2013 22:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by paralax (Post 64746357)
There are books and articles, which show that this was an extortion attempt, which thanks to a biased district attorney worked.

The Mary Fischer investigation, (put her name in the seach engine and you will find it) shows just how he was set up. He did put himself in a fairly vulnerable position but as so many have said he was never alone with these boys, the media refer to a 'hotel room', that's a joke, he had either a suite or usually a whole floor of a hotel. His 'bedroom' was a two storey, three bedroom, two bathroom area bigger than the average house.

MJ's mistake was slamming the tabloids, they never forgave him.

I agree. I absolutely believe he was innocent, but he really didn't help himself with the things he said or did :(

sparkle22 12-03-2013 23:38

agreed he didn't help himself in my opinion jordie should be forced to come foward if he was innocent.
his father was apparently not a nice man.


All times are GMT. The time now is 22:28.