Digital Spy Forums

Digital Spy Forums (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/index.php)
-   Showbiz (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   DLT On Twitter (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1807885)

The Net 16-03-2013 08:32

DLT On Twitter
 
Tweeting against his solicitors advice. :)


https://twitter.com/DaveLeeTravis

scone 16-03-2013 09:10

I agree with what that Kenton Allen fellow said something about women used to be flattered. Builders can't even shout off scaffolding anymore in case they upset a woman and it leads to dismissal. :D

The Net 16-03-2013 09:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by scone (Post 64808297)
I agree with what that Kenton Allen fellow said something about women used to be flattered. Builders can't even shout off scaffolding anymore in case they upset a woman and it leads to dismissal. :D

From some male point of view wolf whistling is harmless flattery. For others it can be seen dated - men used to lay their coats across puddles for ladies in Victorian times - we are led to believe.

Gusto Brunt 16-03-2013 09:39

Yeah I saw him on Twitter last night too.

God knows why he feels the need to post when he's being investigated. He should lie low, because at the end of the day he really doesn't have much of interest to say.

I always did find him a yawn...:sleep::sleep:

The Prumeister 16-03-2013 09:44

What an astonishingly irrelevant old fart:yawn:

The Net 16-03-2013 09:57

He's a Daily Express reader - says a lot about a man.

Gusto Brunt 16-03-2013 10:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Prumeister (Post 64808599)
What an astonishingly irrelevant old fart:yawn:

Aptly put. :D

Yeah, the likes of Simon Bates and Tony Blackburn are still 'hip' but aside from the allegations, DLT seems firmly rooted in about 1978.:rolleyes:

Phoenix Lazarus 16-03-2013 10:58

He always wanted to have his cake and eat it: wanted to be taken seriously and have gravitas when delivering some self-righteous sermon on some topic-and also wanted to be considered the funniest and most loveably person on the airwave (viz. self-ascribed nickname, 'Hairy Cornflake'!).

scone 16-03-2013 11:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Lazarus (Post 64809610)
He always wanted to have his cake and eat it.

Maybe leaving some of it in his beard :D

Phoenix Lazarus 16-03-2013 11:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Net (Post 64807967)
Tweeting against his solicitors advice. :)


https://twitter.com/DaveLeeTravis

DLT looks strange in his Twitter photo, don't you think?

scone 16-03-2013 11:19

He appears to only be following one person, Bonnie Tyler, wonder what you lot are going to make of that

skp20040 16-03-2013 14:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gusto Brunt (Post 64808551)
Yeah I saw him on Twitter last night too.

God knows why he feels the need to post when he's being investigated. He should lie low, because at the end of the day he really doesn't have much of interest to say.

I always did find him a yawn...:sleep::sleep:

Now as far as I know we still have the presumption of innocence , we also dont actually know what he was questioned for and we know there are no charges at this time, so why should he lie low ? would you lie low if you were accsued of something or would you feel you have a right to continue your life ?

The Prumeister 16-03-2013 15:06

Is it a spoof account?

whatever54 16-03-2013 15:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Prumeister (Post 64813729)
Is it a spoof account?

seems genuine, it's very dull. He can't do some question thing with 'Take a Break' now according to tweets:yawn:

The_Moth 16-03-2013 15:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by skp20040 (Post 64813043)
Now as far as I know we still have the presumption of innocence , we also dont actually know what he was questioned for and we know there are no charges at this time, so why should he lie low ? would you lie low if you were accsued of something or would you feel you have a right to continue your life ?

I agree but I'm not sure I'd be tweeting messages about how women used to "like "a bit of attention".

I have to say he sounds like an old fool. And the regular use of "methinks" doesn't help.

toastie 16-03-2013 19:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by whatever54 (Post 64813823)
seems genuine, it's very dull. He can't do some question thing with 'Take a Break' now according to tweets:yawn:

Just had a look at his twitter feed and I still can't make out if it's genuine or not. It's very ranty and if it is genuine he's not doing himself any favours. :confused:

Gusto Brunt 16-03-2013 19:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by skp20040 (Post 64813043)
Now as far as I know we still have the presumption of innocence , we also dont actually know what he was questioned for and we know there are no charges at this time, so why should he lie low ? would you lie low if you were accsued of something or would you feel you have a right to continue your life ?

To be honest, I think if I were innocent, yes I would still lie low.

Phoenix Lazarus 16-03-2013 19:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by toastie (Post 64819005)
Just had a look at his twitter feed and I still can't make out if it's genuine or not. It's very ranty and if it is genuine he's not doing himself any favours. :confused:

Did you ever listen to DLT regularly? He spent about half his time trying to be the loveable wacky zany clown-and the other half ranting humourlessly and pompously about this, that and the other, seemingly having arrogated to himself the task of putting the world to rights via his broadcasting.

occy 16-03-2013 19:58

It does seem a spoof account. The give away is Magic 105.4 ( Magic FM London ) when he's was on Magic AM and has been suspended. So this person hasn't done there research that well. Photo is an old Radio 1 picture too.

KayteJ 16-03-2013 20:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by occy (Post 64819270)
It does seem a spoof account. The give away is Magic 105.4 ( Magic FM London ) when he's was on Magic AM and has been suspended. So this person hasn't done there research that well. Photo is an old Radio 1 picture too.

Also, i find it strange, that the actual account was made in December 2011, yet the first tweets are very recent. To me, this suggests the account is merely someone who has changed the name of their account and deleted all previous tweets.

Just someone after a bit of attention me thinks ;)

toastie 16-03-2013 20:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Lazarus (Post 64819213)
Did you ever listen to DLT regularly? .

Not since his Radio 1 days and even then it was only the snooker quiz thing he used to do.

occy 17-03-2013 16:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by toastie (Post 64819470)
Not since his Radio 1 days and even then it was only the snooker quiz thing he used to do.

That was a brilliant Radio Quiz show ever. Noel Edmonds did a brilliant Gotcha on him too.

lyndalahughes 17-03-2013 16:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by scone (Post 64808297)
I agree with what that Kenton Allen fellow said something about women used to be flattered. Builders can't even shout off scaffolding anymore in case they upset a woman and it leads to dismissal. :D

You think it was OK to do that in the first place? Admiring the female form is great, to be lewd and rude really isn't.

Bungitin 17-03-2013 17:41

Best keep his head under the parapet.

Probably a spoof.



You don't hear much about Max.

i4u 17-03-2013 18:34

The account seems to have gone?


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:01.