Digital Spy Forums

Digital Spy Forums (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/index.php)
-   Movies (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Vampire Movie Help (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1809469)

Skyfall 21-03-2013 00:06

Vampire Movie Help
 
Can anyone please help with a vampire movie I been trying to remember for years. I used to stay up late watching movies on tv with my parents late at night. A vampire movie I watched years ago but only remember bits of it. I think it was a 70 or 80's film, maybe usa and it was in color.

Theres are scenes I remember the rest of the film been a long time.

A man walking near police car window down, The man takes a 6 bullet gun from the police mans car.

A priest or old man sees his room all dark and someone setting in his rocking chair a male vampire. His eyes glowed red and started mucking the priest while getting out of the chair slowly and ready to acttack the priest or old man. The vampire goes out the window because the priest or old man old a cross around his neck.

A boy 14 or 15 with a large stick in his hand seen running from his house to a creepy old house at night by his girlfriend. She goes to see what hes doing they bump into each other then grabbed by a tall guy in dark clothes.

The guy how take the gun from police car goes to this creepy out house finds the boy, the girlfriend no were to been find. They are near some stairs the tall guy with a large object in his hand about to attack and kill them. The guy with gun shoots the tall man 5 or 6 times wouldn't go down easily, fulls down the stairs and dies.

They go up to the attic break the padlock and three vampires in dark sleeping. The tall guy they killed was the vampires day time protector. They both think how to kill the vampires, they walk up eyes glowing red creeping slowly and quietly to attack. The boy turns around slams door closed drives a large nail to the door to lock them in to stop them from killing them while the guy and The boy still think what to do about the vampies.

If anyone knows this films name or a vampire film that sound alot like it or any other vampire film similar to this.

Please take your time and Thank you for reading this post for helping me.

jrmswfc 21-03-2013 00:34

Salems Lot

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079844/?ref_=sr_1


I haven't seen it for years, but the vampire in a rocking chair bit definitely was in this film, and a couple of the other bits you mention are familar as well - although the iconic scene that everybody seems to remember is the vampire floating outside and tapping on the window.

Sentenza 21-03-2013 06:23

Yep , Salem's Lot.

Anyone around at the time who watched it as a kid will never forget Ralphie Glick scratching at the window and then coming in.

Scarey stuff!

My favourite horror mini series I'm afraid I did not think that much of the remake.

Gulftastic 21-03-2013 07:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sentenza (Post 64902848)
Yep , Salem's Lot.

Anyone around at the time who watched it as a kid will never forget Ralphie Glick scratching at the window and then coming in.

Scarey stuff!

My favourite horror mini series I'm afraid I did not think that much of the remake.

BIB. yes! Fantastic miniseries, and that image stayed with me for years.

Karis 21-03-2013 07:27

If only they'd release it in its entirety on blu ray.

I've never even seen the uncut mini series since it was on TV. Now all you get is a weird TV movie with loads cut out.

Skyfall 21-03-2013 08:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrmswfc (Post 64902079)
Salems Lot

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079844/?ref_=sr_1


I haven't seen it for years, but the vampire in a rocking chair bit definitely was in this film, and a couple of the other bits you mention are familar as well - although the iconic scene that everybody seems to remember is the vampire floating outside and tapping on the window.

Thank you Karis, Gulftastic, Sentenza, and jrmswfc so much. I looked up the trailer Salem's Lot and I seen some of the scenes in it I remember. I will be ordering Salem's Lot later thanks to all you guys. Looking foward to watching Salem's Lot . Many Thanks to you all and have a nice day.

CAMERA OBSCURA 21-03-2013 09:09

One of my favorite childhood horror movies/TV.

I would have been 9/10 when this first broadcast, scared the beejebus out of me. Still love it today. David Soul is perfectly cast and gives a very underrated performance, and anything with the wonderful Geoffrey Lewis in it is always worth a punt.:)


Quote:

Originally Posted by Karis (Post 64903168)
If only they'd release it in its entirety on blu ray.

I've never even seen the uncut mini series since it was on TV. Now all you get is a weird TV movie with loads cut out.

I'm not sure Karis but I think this DVD is the uncut version.]

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stephen-King...pr_product_top
:)

Karis 21-03-2013 12:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAMERA OBSCURA (Post 64904016)
I'm not sure Karis but I think this DVD is the uncut version.]

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stephen-King...pr_product_top
:)

Awesome. You are absolutely correct. 184 minutes. Awesome!

Edit: I hear a Salem's Lot blu ray is on the cards, but it could be like The Abyss and a total pipe dream!

Edit Edit: Salem's Lot terrified me. Strangely, the bit I found most terrifying as a kid was right at the end when the kid is leaning against the wall in the basement and all the vampires are crawling toward him from the next room!

CAMERA OBSCURA 21-03-2013 12:43

Quote:

Karis
Edit: I hear a Salem's Lot blu ray is on the cards, but it could be like The Abyss and a total pipe dream!
A Blu Ray cant come soon enough if you ask me, one of the few things left I want to see get the spit and polish treatment.
I've never seen any firm info about a release though.

Quote:

Salem's Lot terrified me. Strangely, the bit I found most terrifying as a kid was right at the end when the kid is leaning against the wall in the basement and all the vampires are crawling toward him from the next room!
:D

Yep, same here, bricked it.:D:D

Frunchy2904 21-03-2013 12:51

I love this film, and it too terrified me as a child, I always remember the scene with the twin floating outside the window...the pulsating music, the fog and the scratching on the glass, eeeekkkk!!!!

Karis 21-03-2013 16:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAMERA OBSCURA (Post 64906768)
A Blu Ray cant come soon enough if you ask me, one of the few things left I want to see get the spit and polish treatment.
I've never seen any firm info about a release though.


:D

Yep, same here, bricked it.:D:D

Watch it again. Those actors are REALLY into their roles. And their expressions are what makes it (for me) so terrifying!

And, sadly, I don't think there's been any official mention, even a whisper, of a blu ray :(

Skyfall 21-03-2013 17:52

Just ordered Salem's Lot the longer dvd at work on amazon.
Thank you everyone for your help.

Sentenza 21-03-2013 18:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyfall (Post 64911824)
Just ordered Salem's Lot the longer dvd at work on amazon.
Thank you everyone for your help.

Enjoy!

And after don't open the window to any scratching. :D

Skyfall 21-03-2013 18:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sentenza (Post 64912180)
Enjoy!

And after don't open the window to any scratching. :D

Thank you Sentenza. I am looking foward to seeing Salem's Lot.

starman700 22-03-2013 13:44

The scene where mike is digging the grave freaks me out everytime

balthasar 22-03-2013 18:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sentenza (Post 64912180)
Enjoy!

And after don't open the window to any scratching. :D

When this was shown as a two-parter in 1980?.I watched the first part with my younger brother who was pretty scared, after he went to bed I went outside and tapped a broom on his bedroom window.:D:
I think I was grounded for the decade,

lil lexie 22-03-2013 19:10

So many scary/creepy moments in this film. Again, it's another one of those films I refuse to watch on my own.

Eddie Badger 22-03-2013 20:05

My cousin was about 14 when he watched it and sat right in front of the TV constantly saying it wasn't scary...then the boss vampire appeared. I've never seen anyone jump so high from a seated position in my life :)

Orangemaid 22-03-2013 21:24

was david soul in it ?

balthasar 22-03-2013 22:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orangemaid (Post 64937121)
was david soul in it ?

Yes He played Ben Mears in the film.

Skyfall 28-03-2013 14:18

Finally watched Salem's Lot today and It's better then I remembered.

Thank you everyone for your help with this film.

Aarghawasp! 29-03-2013 10:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sentenza (Post 64902848)
Yep , Salem's Lot.

Anyone around at the time who watched it as a kid will never forget Ralphie Glick scratching at the window and then coming in.

Scarey stuff!

Indeed! Great book and as a kid seeing Ralphie Glick scratching at the window was utterly terrifying. :D

ultros 29-03-2013 12:25

Hi can you tell me if the full version DVD is split into 2 x 90 minute parts like the original mini series.And if so does the end of the first part have a cliffhanger/clear end point.

I ask because I'm thinking of watching it over 2 nights and don't want to just stop watching a 180min film half way through if there's no clear 'stop point'.

Thanks :)

Takae 29-03-2013 13:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by ultros (Post 65056151)
Hi can you tell me if the full version DVD is split into 2 x 90 minute parts like the original mini series.And if so does the end of the first part have a cliffhanger/clear end point.

I ask because I'm thinking of watching it over 2 nights and don't want to just stop watching a 180min film half way through if there's no clear 'stop point'.

Thanks :)

Yes, the first ends with a cliffhanger.

ultros 29-03-2013 15:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Takae (Post 65056879)
Yes, the first ends with a cliffhanger.

Thanks for the quick reply ... I'm going to watch it tonight and tomorrow night then :)


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:40.