Digital Spy Forums

Digital Spy Forums (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/index.php)
-   Showbiz (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Cheryl Cole Moving to LA? (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1813372)

tpau21 02-04-2013 04:30

Cheryl Cole Moving to LA?
 
http://metro.co.uk/2013/04/01/ill-mi...to-la-3566991/

Sarah Harding has said Cheryl is moving to LA to be with Tre.

I think it is clear now Cheryl wants to move to crack America so desperately after a million attempts. Even her assistant Lily tweeted a few back they are moving to Miami for 9 months.

I personally think it is Cheryl who mainly wanted the split in order to crack the states as she knows she can't do it with the other four clinging by her neck.

Its sad that Nicola and Nadine don't get the worldwide success they deserve with their vocals to be fair.

I guess we will have to wait for Miss Cole to run to Daddy Cowell for a job on USA X Factor again as she knows that is probably her only way of cracking the states, despite her saying in her autobiography and in multiple interviews she will never do X Factor again.

Lets hope the shine is passed onto the other members and TALENT truly plays a part.

tpau21 02-04-2013 18:13

Will The Nation's Sweetheart Crack America?
 
http://metro.co.uk/2013/04/01/ill-mi...to-la-3566991/

Sarah Harding has said Cheryl is moving to LA to be with Tre.

I think it is clear now Cheryl wants to move to crack America so desperately after a million attempts. Even her assistant Lily tweeted a few back they are moving to Miami for 9 months.

I personally think it is Cheryl who mainly wanted the split in order to crack the states as she knows she can't do it with the other four clinging by her neck.

Its sad that Nicola and Nadine don't get the worldwide success they deserve with their vocals to be fair.

I guess we will have to wait for Miss Cole to run to Daddy Cowell for a job on USA X Factor again as she knows that is probably her only way of cracking the states, despite her saying in her autobiography and in multiple interviews she will never do X Factor again.

Lets hope the shine is passed onto the other members and TALENT truly plays a part.

Julie_Evans 02-04-2013 18:15

You've already posted this thread in the showbiz section, under a different title.

granted08 02-04-2013 18:17

Nation's sweetheart meaning either Kate Middleton or Gary Barlow.....either is possible.

Hav_mor91 02-04-2013 18:19

No way i would be very very surprised if she did and heres why:

Her initial success was based on her X factor platform and the push she got form the likes of Cowell and once he left her sales and impact dried up. How does it go for her 1 big single album relesae flop follow up abandon project on to the next one.

She has no specific talent nothing to set her apart she has zero star quality.

Thirdly her material isn't very strong interesting or in anway unique

I just don't see how she could possibly crack such the big market she isn't all that big here it was only ever the X factorthat gave that illusion.

tpau21 02-04-2013 18:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hav_mor91 (Post 65137828)
No way i would be very very surprised if she did and heres why:

Her initial success was based on her X factor platform and the push she got form the likes of Cowell and once he left her sales and impact dried up. How does it go for her 1 big single album relesae flop follow up abandon project on to the next one.

She has no specific talent nothing to set her apart she has zero star quality.

Thirdly her material isn't very strong interesting or in anway unique

I just don't see how she could possibly crack such the big market she isn't all that big here it was only ever the X factorthat gave that illusion.

I think she will be made a judge in X Factor USA this season. She is a mug if she takes it back after all the slamming she did about it in her autobiography and interviews.

tpau21 02-04-2013 18:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julie_Evans (Post 65137745)
You've already posted this thread in the showbiz section, under a different title.

Bothered? Nope. :D

Hav_mor91 02-04-2013 18:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by tpau21 (Post 65138025)
I think she will be made a judge in X Factor USA this season. She is a mug if she takes it back after all the slamming she did about it in her autobiography and interviews.

Why though America doesn't know her or are in anyway bothered about her and even if true it's no guarantee she will be a success.

Julie_Evans 02-04-2013 18:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by tpau21 (Post 65138035)
Bothered? Nope. :D


You're an obvious WUM mate :p

LandslideBrad 02-04-2013 18:54

If she signs to a bigger US label than Will.I.Am's label. Fight For This Love (a 2013 Mix) should be her first single and then Call My Name.

Dave0893 02-04-2013 18:57

How has she had a million attempts exactly? She joined X Factor and was fired and that is all she has done, she has never released music there.

Anyway, she says she is taking a break, she has probably just moved there to be closer to her boyfriend who lives there.

tpau21 02-04-2013 19:26

She has had a few slip ups with her singing through with the Jubilee and Stand Up To Cancer thing. Her fans are so naive always defending her she is the best singer in the world. She is a great performer though and always puts on a good show.

Grace In Love 02-04-2013 19:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by tpau21 (Post 65138025)
I think she will be made a judge in X Factor USA this season. She is a mug if she takes it back after all the slamming she did about it in her autobiography and interviews.

Didn't the XF USA utterly tank? Hard to see how that could launch her if that is the case.

UrMyStar 02-04-2013 20:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by tpau21 (Post 65139588)
She has had a few slip ups with her singing through with the Jubilee and Stand Up To Cancer thing. Her fans are so naive always defending her she is the best singer in the world. She is a great performer though and always puts on a good show.

I don't think I have seen any fan say that, on here at least. In fact, most are well aware and are ready to say she's not got the best voice. Also what are these "million" attempts? X Factor and the cameo in a film is about the only things I know she's done, and I wouldn't say the cameo was her idea of trying to "break America".

Cloudbuster 02-04-2013 20:19

Nations sweetheart is a term created by her management.

No hope in hell

Julie_Evans 02-04-2013 20:22

Nadine has already tried and failed, if Cheryl bombs, she won't be the first or the last.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...44697112,d.ZWU

Julie_Evans 02-04-2013 20:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloudbuster (Post 65141086)
Nations sweetheart is a term created by her management.

No hope in hell


No, it isn't. Carole Malone started it.

Mr Dangerous 02-04-2013 20:29

I hope she takes a translator with her......(which is why she failed last time)

Dave0893 02-04-2013 20:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by tpau21 (Post 65139588)
She has had a few slip ups with her singing through with the Jubilee and Stand Up To Cancer thing. Her fans are so naive always defending her she is the best singer in the world. She is a great performer though and always puts on a good show.

Her fans defend her as they like her performances, none of her fans here claim she is a great singer, we are all aware she isn't, so I don't know where you got that from.

gpk 02-04-2013 20:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julie_Evans (Post 65141195)
Nadine has already tried and failed, if Cheryl bombs, she won't be the first or the last.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...44697112,d.ZWU

oh dear, that still makes me laugh.:o

tpau21 02-04-2013 22:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpk (Post 65141937)
oh dear, that still makes me laugh.:o

It's slightly embarassing.

I love Nadine and its good she was performing in all the clubs in the United States and working hard but really needs to stick at doing what she does best. Sing. Not to create some circus raunchy look.

tpau21 02-04-2013 22:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by UrMyStar (Post 65140925)
I don't think I have seen any fan say that, on here at least. In fact, most are well aware and are ready to say she's not got the best voice. Also what are these "million" attempts? X Factor and the cameo in a film is about the only things I know she's done, and I wouldn't say the cameo was her idea of trying to "break America".

Yep of course she has tried. Her management i.e. Will.i.am has tried so hard to get her noticed in the States but it has never worked out, which is why on his albums he has only had high profile artists as he knows this will sell

gpk 02-04-2013 22:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by tpau21 (Post 65145303)
It's slightly embarassing.

I love Nadine and its good she was performing in all the clubs in the United States and working hard but really needs to stick at doing what she does best. Sing. Not to create some circus raunchy look.

its an awful look for her and she looks like she`s been tangoed.:eek: she should stick to singing really, she really couldn't pull that look off.:o

gpk 02-04-2013 22:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by tpau21 (Post 65145344)
Yep of course she has tried. Her management i.e. Will.i.am has tried so hard to get her noticed in the States but it has never worked out, which is why on his albums he has only had high profile artists as he knows this will sell

yes, but nevertheless her `million attempts` was a big exaggeration on your part and i also agree you was way off when you suggested her fans aren't aware of her limitations.

jackbell 02-05-2013 10:55

Back on the show?


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 15:04.