Digital Spy Forums

Digital Spy Forums (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/index.php)
-   Showbiz (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Amanda Bynes on Twitter (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1818885)

Lewnaticc 18-04-2013 19:32

Amanda Bynes on Twitter
 
I genuinely, genuinely think this woman is mentally unhinged. She's just SO bizarre. She seems to do nothing all day but google pictures of herself, occasionally ranting at press or Perez Hilton. Oh, and posting many, many pictures of her face close-up. She just looks like she's completely lost it!

https://twitter.com/AmandaBynes

Goaty 18-04-2013 19:39

Just simple type Amanda Bynes in Daily Mail Online search box, and you will find many articles last few weeks, her sane is very questionable.

RuinedGirl 18-04-2013 19:55

The poor girl is clearly suffering from very severe mental health issues, yet she is simply being ridiculed and mocked by the press (who, as usual, seem to love nothing more than watching someone who has been incredibly successful falling apart in a very public and degrading way.) Which I find utterly disgusting.
Seeing her behaviour become more and more erratic over the past few years, it's clear she has completely lost touch with reality (talking to inanimate objects, wandering around on her own in a daze, not to mention all the delusional things she's been posting on Twitter recently.) I don't see how it's socially acceptable for the press to ridicule someone who is clearly not well :(
I hope someone helps her before it's too late, but to be honest, there's only one way I can see this story ending. And I don't think it's going to be a happy one.
I wonder where her friends and family are in all of this. She's mentioned that she has no contact with her parents any more, but I wonder why. The poor girl seems to be on her own all the time, either wandering around having cameras shoved in her face by idiots hoping to catch more of her erratic behaviour, or sitting on Twitter alone posting videos of herself. I could have honestly cried seeing the latest video she posted of herself. She really isn't well :(

whatever54 18-04-2013 20:14

It's a bid sad to watch, I feel sorry for the girl, like you say OP she clearly doesn't seem well. Last thing I read was how she's no longer in touch with her parents. She's stealing Lindsay Lohan's crown a bit at the moment. I hope somebody can have a quiet word with her or help her out a bit.

d56 18-04-2013 20:15

I started following her recently. She has some serious issues. She always seemed like she had her head screwed on in interviews in her early 20's. Its shocking how much she has changed.

Grace In Love 18-04-2013 21:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by RuinedGirl (Post 65448432)
The poor girl is clearly suffering from very severe mental health issues, yet she is simply being ridiculed and mocked by the press (who, as usual, seem to love nothing more than watching someone who has been incredibly successful falling apart in a very public and degrading way.) Which I find utterly disgusting.
Seeing her behaviour become more and more erratic over the past few years, it's clear she has completely lost touch with reality (talking to inanimate objects, wandering around on her own in a daze, not to mention all the delusional things she's been posting on Twitter recently.) I don't see how it's socially acceptable for the press to ridicule someone who is clearly not well :(
I hope someone helps her before it's too late, but to be honest, there's only one way I can see this story ending. And I don't think it's going to be a happy one.
I wonder where her friends and family are in all of this. She's mentioned that she has no contact with her parents any more, but I wonder why. The poor girl seems to be on her own all the time, either wandering around having cameras shoved in her face by idiots hoping to catch more of her erratic behaviour, or sitting on Twitter alone posting videos of herself. I could have honestly cried seeing the latest video she posted of herself. She really isn't well :(

I agree with all this. There is something clearly not quite right with her, she needs some help and yet all she is getting is ridicule. :( I can only hope she gets the help she needs

RuinedGirl 18-04-2013 22:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grace In Love (Post 65450680)
I agree with all this. There is something clearly not quite right with her, she needs some help and yet all she is getting is ridicule. :( I can only hope she gets the help she needs

I wonder when the press will learn their lesson. They seem to do this time and time again with celebrities (especially child stars who grow up to develop severe mental health issues.) They ridicule and hound them, which can only make their mental health issues worse. Obviously, I'm not blaming the press for her mental health issues, but surely people need to draw a line and say to themselves ''Okay, she's clearly not well, so we need to leave her alone and hope she sorts herself out rather than making money from the mental illness of another human being.'' But that never seems to happen. It just makes me wonder where the humanity is in some people :(
At the minute, her entire life seems to be like some sort of circus attraction which people are lining up to see and laugh at. It breaks my heart.

Mr Dangerous 18-04-2013 22:12

Old news, read about her strange goings on in the papers for months..

lexi22 18-04-2013 22:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by RuinedGirl (Post 65451718)
I wonder when the press will learn their lesson. They seem to do this time and time again with celebrities (especially child stars who grow up to develop severe mental health issues.) They ridicule and hound them, which can only make their mental health issues worse. Obviously, I'm not blaming the press for her mental health issues, but surely people need to draw a line and say to themselves ''Okay, she's clearly not well, so we need to leave her alone and hope she sorts herself out rather than making money from the mental illness of another human being.'' But that never seems to happen. It just makes me wonder where the humanity is in some people :(
At the minute, her entire life seems to be like some sort of circus attraction which people are lining up to see and laugh at. It breaks my heart.

It's horrible. Watching someone with clear mental health issues disintegrate is not news and most certainly not entertainment. Hope someone is able to reach out to her and help her sort herself out.

Mr Dangerous 18-04-2013 23:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by lexi22 (Post 65451930)
It's horrible. Watching someone with clear mental health issues disintegrate is not news and most certainly not entertainment. Hope someone is able to reach out to her and help her sort herself out.

Lindsay Lohan mark2 (but even more screwed up)

Lewnaticc 19-04-2013 18:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Dangerous (Post 65452939)
Lindsay Lohan mark2 (but even more screwed up)

Lindsey Lohan seems to actually be aware of her issues though and always seems willing to sort them out. And she actually seems quite down to earth going off Twitter, she just makes a lot of silly decisions with the law.

Amanda Bynes on the other hand...well, it's worrying. If you're unsure and you have Twitter, just follow her for a while. You'll see what I mean. Unhinged.

It's a shame really, she was a good comedy actress. She shines in Easy A just as much as Emma Stone, and she has great one liners:
"Jesus tells us to love everyone, even the whores and the homosexuals! But it's just SO HARD! It's so hard because they keep doing 'it' over and over again!"

Squealer_Mahony 19-04-2013 18:20

Was she even that famous over here before all this happened?
The Daily Mail obsession with her and LeAnn Rimes seems a bit much just because they post pics all the time and rant on twitter. Suppose they have to fill that sidebar somehow

Nikkiclody 19-04-2013 18:37

The video of her pouting into her iphone doing the one eye illuminati face was priceless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQpuITOZPyo

Cheri 19-04-2013 22:51

Where is this girls Momma?

SillyBillyGoat 19-04-2013 22:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squealer_Mahony (Post 65464664)
Was she even that famous over here before all this happened?
The Daily Mail obsession with her and LeAnn Rimes seems a bit much just because they post pics all the time and rant on twitter. Suppose they have to fill that sidebar somehow

I knew her long before this, back in the days of The Amanda Show. Actually, I only knew about all this from Digital Spy.

Mr Dangerous 19-04-2013 23:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lewnaticc (Post 65464585)
Lindsey Lohan seems to actually be aware of her issues though and always seems willing to sort them out. And she actually seems quite down to earth going off Twitter, she just makes a lot of silly decisions with the law.

Sorry but that's twaddle, due for rehab and she is falling out of clubs making Katie Price look like a lightweight...

Femme Fatale 19-04-2013 23:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by RuinedGirl (Post 65451718)
I wonder when the press will learn their lesson. They seem to do this time and time again with celebrities (especially child stars who grow up to develop severe mental health issues.) They ridicule and hound them, which can only make their mental health issues worse. Obviously, I'm not blaming the press for her mental health issues, but surely people need to draw a line and say to themselves ''Okay, she's clearly not well, so we need to leave her alone and hope she sorts herself out rather than making money from the mental illness of another human being.'' But that never seems to happen. It just makes me wonder where the humanity is in some people :(
At the minute, her entire life seems to be like some sort of circus attraction which people are lining up to see and laugh at. It breaks my heart.

The press have no moral compass. They are utterly, utterly disgusting, because they live for tragedy and people breaking down. Yes there might be the audience for it as people buy papers and watch trashy TV in their millions but I still wish something could be done about "freak show" style media output. It should have no place in progressive, civilised society.

Andrewww342003 20-04-2013 00:50

She was involved in a driving incident about a year ago.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertai...on-dui-charge/

Pointy 20-04-2013 08:43

Amanda Bynes is an attention seeker who's unable to grab any through acting nowadays. She's allowed herself to go down the slippery road of 'famous for being famous'. Her family or friends need to intervene before she pulls something really stupid.

elnombre 20-04-2013 11:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by lexi22 (Post 65451930)
It's horrible. Watching someone with clear mental health issues disintegrate is not news and most certainly not entertainment.

Yet it gets clicks and sells papers, so it will continue. Gossip is far more highly valued in this society than such trifling issues as mental health or treating someone like they're a human being.

musicfreak10 20-04-2013 12:22

I thought she would be the last girl in the industry to turn out like this :rolleyes:

Grace In Love 20-04-2013 13:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by RuinedGirl (Post 65451718)
I wonder when the press will learn their lesson. They seem to do this time and time again with celebrities (especially child stars who grow up to develop severe mental health issues.) They ridicule and hound them, which can only make their mental health issues worse. Obviously, I'm not blaming the press for her mental health issues, but surely people need to draw a line and say to themselves ''Okay, she's clearly not well, so we need to leave her alone and hope she sorts herself out rather than making money from the mental illness of another human being.'' But that never seems to happen. It just makes me wonder where the humanity is in some people :(
At the minute, her entire life seems to be like some sort of circus attraction which people are lining up to see and laugh at. It breaks my heart.

After the whole Britney Spears breakdown I thought something would have changed, but clearly not. I remember reading somewhere that some publications had her obituary ready and waiting, that just made me ill, that there was people just waiting for her to die rather then help. :(

To be brutally honest I think the fault lies with us, the press is not designed to be ethical, it is there to be bought, and 'child star in breakdown' sadly, sells. They are only printing what they know people will buy, of course I am not condoning it I am just saying this is how it works. If the public didn't want to witness someone falling apart publicly the press wouldn't cover it, I think we should be the ones saying 'no'.

WhisperingGhost 20-04-2013 13:43

Maybe I'm wrong but, to me, it seems like she's doing this because she knows it draws headlines and more attention for her. I dont think she's crazy/mentally unstable due to fame at a young age etc I just think she's following in footsteps of other successful young females in recent years and knows this is a good career move to keep her name out there.
She's guaranteed a spot on Letterman within the next few years to talk about her forthcoming court case/jail sentence, and to generally be poked fun of - which Letterman is brilliant at doing to these types of girls.

WhisperingGhost 20-04-2013 13:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grace In Love (Post 65476856)
After the whole Britney Spears breakdown I thought something would have changed, but clearly not. I remember reading somewhere that some publications had her obituary ready and waiting, that just made me ill, that there was people just waiting for her to die rather then help. :(

To be brutally honest I think the fault lies with us, the press is not designed to be ethical, it is there to be bought, and 'child star in breakdown' sadly, sells. They are only printing what they know people will buy, of course I am not condoning it I am just saying this is how it works. If the public didn't want to witness someone falling apart publicly the press wouldn't cover it, I think we should be the ones saying 'no'.

But are we creating a demand for it or are the press? I dont want see this kind of thing (particularly what happened to Britney, which was brutal & a lot of people did think she was going to die at any point back then).
I think the tabloids create the demand and allow us to play the role of vultures along with them. But, if we had a choice and there was a public vote, I'd like to think the majority would vote that we do not want to see this kind of stuff publicised as it can only ever be detrimental to the person being written about anyway. It creates an unnecessary demand.

Grace In Love 20-04-2013 13:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhisperingGhost (Post 65477148)
But are we creating a demand for it or are the press? I dont want see this kind of thing (particularly what happened to Britney, which was brutal & a lot of people did think she was going to die at any point back then).
I think the tabloids create the demand and allow us to play the role of vultures along with them. But, if we had a choice and there was a public vote, I'd like to think the majority would vote that we do not want to see this kind of stuff publicised as it can only ever be detrimental to the person being written about anyway. It creates an unnecessary demand.

I think the press see how much interest there is and think that is was people want to see. Bad news sells, it's nothing new. For as long as there has been a press we have enjoyed watching people fall, from Oscar Wilde to Michael Jackson. I don't think it will ever end because I think shaudenfreude is just part of human nature.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 14:44.