Digital Spy Forums

Digital Spy Forums (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/index.php)
-   Showbiz (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Janet Jackson joins the billion dollar club without marrying into it... (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1829120)

abibble 21-05-2013 23:57

Janet Jackson joins the billion dollar club without marrying into it...
 
The All For You hitmaker has boasted a multi-million dollar fortune for years, but now she has joined her new husband, retail entrepreneur Wissam Al Mana, and the elite group of moneymakers whose bank balances top $1 billion, according to industry publication Variety.


The singer has raked in a total of $260 million (168 million) in album sales thanks to the success of Control, Janet and Rhythm Nation 1814, and she has also taken in another $81 million (52 million) from music and book publishing fees.


Jackson's multiple sold-out world tours have contributed another $458 million (295 million) to her net worth, with an additional $81.5 million (53 million) coming from tour sponsorships and licensing fees.


The 47 year old has also banked an impressive $304 million (196 million) from her box office roles in 2000's The Nutty Professor Ii: The Klumps, Poetic Justice and For Colored Girls.


http://www.contactmusic.com/news/jan...r-club_3678971

daisiesfan 22-05-2013 09:16

Seriously doubt she made anywhere near that in her film roles.

dee123 22-05-2013 09:46

??? She doesn't get all the profits from the films.

abibble 22-05-2013 09:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by daisiesfan (Post 66012244)
Seriously doubt she made anywhere near that in her film roles.

That's what I'm thinking. I have a feeling they've just put the gross of the movies in and not her actual earnings from it.

I doubt she'd release her full financial figures anyway but she's definitely got money and lots of it.

Liamforking 22-05-2013 14:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by abibble (Post 66010002)
The All For You hitmaker has boasted a multi-million dollar fortune for years, but now she has joined her new husband, retail entrepreneur Wissam Al Mana, and the elite group of moneymakers whose bank balances top $1 billion, according to industry publication Variety.


The singer has raked in a total of $260 million (168 million) in album sales thanks to the success of Control, Janet and Rhythm Nation 1814, and she has also taken in another $81 million (52 million) from music and book publishing fees.


Jackson's multiple sold-out world tours have contributed another $458 million (295 million) to her net worth, with an additional $81.5 million (53 million) coming from tour sponsorships and licensing fees.


The 47 year old has also banked an impressive $304 million (196 million) from her box office roles in 2000's The Nutty Professor Ii: The Klumps, Poetic Justice and For Colored Girls.


http://www.contactmusic.com/news/jan...r-club_3678971

Isn't it great that America is such a devoutly Christian country where the teachings of Christ are put above all else and material greed is shunned.
He must be so proud.

Blondie X 22-05-2013 18:16

Bit surprised tbh. She's been a big enough artist over the years but she's never really been a megastar

offtotheraces 22-05-2013 18:39

I really don't believe she's worth as much as is being claimed. Something doesn't ring true about the figures quoted here...

sparkle22 22-05-2013 21:30

janet was a megastar back in the day 1986-1997 it's only recently she isn't as famous since the superbowl.
and the fact she's kept a low profile sad in a way hardly anyone talked about her last 2 tours where as madonna every time she tours it's on daybreak.
janet's always chosen her film roles carefully like mariah she does projects she wants to rather than what will make money.

downtonfan 22-05-2013 21:31

Amazing how she's done that. Her music is as forgettable as her 'acting'.

abibble 23-05-2013 15:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by downtonfan (Post 66024082)
Amazing how she's done that. Her music is as forgettable as her 'acting'.

Forgettable enough that she's earned so much from it.

notsupafizzal 23-05-2013 17:16

totally rubbish. she is nowhere near to her husband's fortune. They are trying to make it seem they are equals. those figures don't include the tax she has to pay, her manager's cut over the years, record company's cut and tour expenses. The figure she is actually worth is less than 10% or maybe $5 of that total.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 20:29.