Digital Spy Forums

Digital Spy Forums (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/index.php)
-   Showbiz (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   J.LO and her history of performing for "sketchy" people (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1852990)

dee123 14-07-2013 10:39

J.LO and her history of performing for "sketchy" people
 
http://www.vulture.com/2013/07/jlo-c...chy-folks.html

:eek: I had no idea!

j4Rose 14-07-2013 10:54

Surely she has enough money by now. I wish she would stop dressing like a hooker as well.

intoxication 14-07-2013 12:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by dee123 (Post 67071055)

There are so many artists that do this. I blame the publicists and management more so than the singer themselves though. I doubt as if 90% of the time they even know what country they will be performing in, let alone who they are performing for. With that said, I don't think 90% of them would back out if they did know for that kind of money.

Eurostar 14-07-2013 14:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by intoxication (Post 67072784)
There are so many artists that do this. I blame the publicists and management more so than the singer themselves though. I doubt as if 90% of the time they even know what country they will be performing in, let alone who they are performing for. With that said, I don't think 90% of them would back out if they did know for that kind of money.

Seems to be a pattern with her though.....sounds like she would perform for the North Korean dictator bloke at the drop of a hat if he offered her enough money.

Apple_Crumble 14-07-2013 14:41

It doesn't surprise me - .

NotaTypo 14-07-2013 15:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by intoxication (Post 67072784)
There are so many artists that do this. I blame the publicists and management more so than the singer themselves though. I doubt as if 90% of the time they even know what country they will be performing in, let alone who they are performing for. With that said, I don't think 90% of them would back out if they did know for that kind of money.

Sting, Beyonce, Hilary Swank. They're either willfully delusional, or thick as shit.

j4Rose 14-07-2013 16:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotaTypo (Post 67075920)
Sting, Beyonce, Hilary Swank. They're either willfully delusional, or thick as shit.

The latter.

Delboy219 14-07-2013 16:58

They aren't stupid. They just don't care. They don't see them as "sketchy people", they see dollar signs, a new house, a few new cars, a new swimming pool at the vacation home.

They care not a jot. Until word gets out that is. Then they blame it on the fact that they forgot to google said sketchy folks.

Big Boy Barry 14-07-2013 20:25

It's a payday. They don't give a toss about human rights and so forth. They'll sing for whoever gives them enough money.

Squealer_Mahony 14-07-2013 20:42

Jlo sucks

brumilad 16-07-2013 00:03

Why single out J-Lo?

It's a known fact that the only way to make money in the music industry is performing for dictators and Russian mafia bosses.

tommYHYH 16-07-2013 12:26

I wonder how many regular people would turn down an offer for big bucks if they were in that position... :rolleyes:

vidalia 16-07-2013 12:40

It's not about ignorance, it's about greed.

Blockz99 16-07-2013 13:09

And not just J-lo either but a whole raft of Singers are or have been caught out ....Mariah , Usher , Sting etc ...Beyonce is particularly proactive in performing for dictators after causing controversy for performing for Mutassim Gadaffi in 2010 she then performed for Uzbekistan dictator Islam Karimov in 2012....saying she never knew of the human rights issues until it was pointed out to her after she sang , maybe she could have a chat to her mates at Amnesty and the UN :D .Her complete ignorance of political / social issues doesn't stop her from being a spokesperson for the UN on human rights . Its clear she like a lot of other singers and celebrities have no concern for human rights and use these organisations for PR purposes . Though I suppose in her defense she is really dim but Sting on the other hand....

Blockz99 16-07-2013 13:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delboy219 (Post 67077480)
They aren't stupid. They just don't care. They don't see them as "sketchy people", they see dollar signs, a new house, a few new cars, a new swimming pool at the vacation home.

They care not a jot. Until word gets out that is. Then they blame it on the fact that they forgot to google said sketchy folks.

EXACTLY !....

phil solo 17-07-2013 11:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by j4Rose (Post 67071287)
Surely she has enough money by now. I wish she would stop dressing like a hooker as well.

She's performing for a big cash payout, seemingly uncaring of the character of the client. I think she's dressed appropriately :p

CravenHaven 17-07-2013 11:26

I like j-lo. It's like a dessert, only cheaper.

stvn758 17-07-2013 12:00

Money or just thick. She is from 'the block' though, she should know these things.

vidalia 17-07-2013 16:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by stvn758 (Post 67160716)
Money or just thick. She is from 'the block' though, she should know these things.

The Eastern bloc it seems.

Blockz99 17-07-2013 17:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommYHYH (Post 67131732)
I wonder how many regular people would turn down an offer for big bucks if they were in that position... :rolleyes:

whats your point ? just because an ordinary poor person might accept the money then its ok for these people to ?

But they are not regular people are they ? they project themselves as "good" people ...support any trendy "worthy" cause going to enhance their ethical reputation but as shown time and time again they are the shallowest of the shallow.

PrincessTT 17-07-2013 18:04

It's up to them who they choose to perform for and to decide whether or not they value integrity or money more... But it does make a mockery of events such as the recent Chime For Change concert when J-Lo & Beyonce who have no problem performing for sketchy people show up to perform and campaign for women's rights.


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:12.