Digital Spy Forums

Digital Spy Forums (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/index.php)
-   Showbiz (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Cara Delevigne being promoted as the new Kate Moss (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1856099)

Squatch 18-07-2013 01:03

Cara Delevigne being promoted as the new Kate Moss

Is this irritating anyone else? They are really trying to make this girl "happen". I don't blame her for making the most of her opportunities and trying to make a name for herself, but she's being shoved in our faces constantly by her PR and marketing people and the media.

They are trying to portray her as the new Kate Moss.

Genuine similarities:

*Both traditionally too short for modelling
*Both English
*Both have a characterful appearance

Things about Kate Moss that they are trying to copy:

*The grungy style - Cara is trying to imitate this but she just ends up looking ill and grotty, rather than laid back and cool

*Hardcore partying - I don't think this is really the way Cara is, or she's just getting involved in the party life-style to gain attention and notoriety for her supposed hedonism (a trait celebrated in the fashion world)

*Drugs - a few weeks or months ago they tried to make a big thing out of Cara fumbling around in her bag and "accidentally" making a small packet of white powder fly out. I think this was contrived and they were trying to make her into Cocaine Cara. The funny thing was, no one gave a f*** and they didn't get the controversy they craved.

Other things that are annoying me:

*The fake showbiz friends - one minute she was making a big deal out of being friends with her "wifey", professional Rihanna imitator Rita Ora, then as soon as she became more famous she dumped Rita and started conspicuously hanging out with the real Rihanna.

*The gurning - yes love, you can cross your eyes, scowl and stretch your mouth like Wallace off Wallace and Gromit. How quirky!

*Always looking unhygienic - this ties in with the grungy thing. She just makes herself look dirty and not pretty. People will start to think she doesn't deserve to be a model if she keeps running around looking like that, thinking she's being cool.

whatever54 18-07-2013 01:09

I find the constant press annoying and she's on holiday with Rhianna which tells me all I need to know.

SpaceToilets 18-07-2013 01:32

I was surprised when I saw her in the 'Well Dunn With Jourdan Dunn' video - totally different to what I expected her to be. She seems like a top girl. With that said I'm still not getting the hype about her.

CitizenofPhobos 18-07-2013 01:36

..Just another over-privileged 20 year old Girl in Britain doing what over-privileged Girls do, all bought and paid for by Daddy.

MrMeatAndPotato 18-07-2013 01:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by CitizenofPhobos (Post 67182631)
..Just another over-privileged 20 year old Girl in Britain doing what over-privileged Girls do, all bought and paid for by Daddy.

Correct.

PunksNotDead 18-07-2013 02:34

Quote:

I agree:D

Viridiana 18-07-2013 15:11

It won't happen. Kate Moss's beauty when she was younger was one of a kind.She could be photographed from any angle doing anything and still look amazing.

Cara is very very pretty, but that's about it. To be the new Kate Moss she has to be memorable.

Like A Star 18-07-2013 15:23

She's irritating the heck out of me, as is her sister Poppy. I find them very unattractive. I don't like the supermodel look anyway for the most part but I find Cara especially to be almost ugly. She just isn't my "type" at all. I do not get the media obsession with her or Poppy and it's already become incredibly tedious. It's like out of nowhere there was this huge push to make Cara Delevigne "happen" and they've been relentless ever since, with no sign of slowing down.

I'm finding her as annoying as I find Pippa Middleton, which is saying something.

paperplanes_ 18-07-2013 16:06

She's just a girl with a slim body and a rich father. That's literally it. She's not ugly, she has nice eyes and she's a good height but I don't think she's a amazing as people make out, her hair looks lank and her eyebrows look ridiculous.

It annoys me how much they're pushing her though. Look! She's dating this quirky musician, Look! She's friends with celebrities! Look! She's eating a chip, she's like US guys, she's just like the ordinary peasants! Quirky! Fashionista! Loud! Kooky! Funny!

haphash 18-07-2013 16:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viridiana (Post 67191952)
It won't happen. Kate Moss's beauty when she was younger was one of a kind.She could be photographed from any angle doing anything and still look amazing.

Cara is very very pretty, but that's about it. To be the new Kate Moss she has to be memorable.

Totally agree - Kate was always memorable and stunning in her youth. She was effortlessly cool too.

Hound of Love 18-07-2013 17:23

Quote:

Spot on!

twingle 18-07-2013 17:38

Quote:

How can you say that? She is working hard as a model not swanning around living off Daddy's money

Microkorg 18-07-2013 18:23

She looks like the Grinch & has a teenage boys legs

Pink Knight 18-07-2013 18:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by whatever54 (Post 67181955)
I find the constant press annoying and she's on holiday with Rhianna which tells me all I need to know.

She's upgraded from Rita Ora then. The 3 of them give the impression of being skanky and Lesbians.

Kat_12 18-07-2013 19:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by paperplanes_ (Post 67192981)
It annoys me how much they're pushing her though. Look! She's dating this quirky musician, Look! She's friends with celebrities! Look! She's eating a chip, she's like US guys, she's just like the ordinary peasants! Quirky! Fashionista! Loud! Kooky! Funny!

You have summed up my feelings about her exactly!

That whole 'wifey' thing with Rita Ora was awful, too. If they were an actual couple I wouldn't have batted an eyelid but that sort of "Ooh, look at us, we're calling each other wifey and sort of but not kissing each other, we might be lesbians, look at us, look at us!" vibe was just too much.

whatever54 18-07-2013 19:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Microkorg (Post 67195634)
She looks like the Grinch & has a teenage boys legs

I agree in the nicest possible way:D

whatever54 18-07-2013 19:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pink Knight (Post 67195831)
She's upgraded from Rita Ora then. The 3 of them give the impression of being skanky and Lesbians.

Yep Rita is peeved off about Cara making a fool of her on stage or something:yawn:

Squatch 18-07-2013 20:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by paperplanes_ (Post 67192981)
She's just a girl with a slim body and a rich father. That's literally it. She's not ugly, she has nice eyes and she's a good height but I don't think she's a amazing as people make out, her hair looks lank and her eyebrows look ridiculous.

I liked her at first because I naturally have thick dark eyebrows and long blondish hair :D I even look like her a bit facially (but I'm not pretty lol) :cool:

Like A Star 18-07-2013 20:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by twingle (Post 67194707)
How can you say that? She is working hard as a model not swanning around living off Daddy's money

Daddy obviously has connections though. How else do you explain her overnight runaway success and the constant media hyping? You don't tend to get that friendly with the press so fast unless you have the right mates.

twingle 18-07-2013 23:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Like A Star (Post 67198372)
Daddy obviously has connections though. How else do you explain her overnight runaway success and the constant media hyping? You don't tend to get that friendly with the press so fast unless you have the right mates.

Not in the modelling world. The agency will be hyping her not the photographers

PrincessTT 18-07-2013 23:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by whatever54 (Post 67196661)
Yep Rita is peeved off about Cara making a fool of her on stage or something:yawn:

Surely she's quite good at doing that herself without any help from her wifey...

Like A Star 19-07-2013 13:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by twingle (Post 67206741)
Not in the modelling world. The agency will be hyping her not the photographers

She dated Harry Styles right? Is there anything connected to 1D you won't defend to the death? Not trying to be confrontational, I'm just a bit bemused by it.

whatever54 21-07-2013 01:57

The Daily Mail coverage verges on creepy

They are completely obsessed, 2 stories today and one was about a distant relative being a high class hooker or something. I can understand her getting press but they verge on the ridiculous.

MrSuper 21-07-2013 02:11

I'm sick of seeing this person in The Sun newspaper practically every day! She is just dull dull dull!

paperplanes_ 21-07-2013 11:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squatch (Post 67198214)
I liked her at first because I naturally have thick dark eyebrows and long blondish hair :D I even look like her a bit facially (but I'm not pretty lol) :cool:

I'm sure you are pretty! :)

I have dark eyebrows, although thinner than hers, and long hair also so it's nothing against the look (incase I sounded catty). I just think with long hair there's so many ways to style it and she always just leaves it hanging flaty. :confused: