Digital Spy Forums

Digital Spy Forums (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/index.php)
-   Showbiz (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   CZJ and Michael Douglas split (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1881846)

fefster 25-08-2013 22:02

CZJ and Michael Douglas split
 
http://www.entertainmentwise.com/new...Year-Marriage-

I put them down as for the long haul.

Anna.Nuttall 25-08-2013 22:05

Wow was not expecting that - I thought she doesn't believe in divorce.

*Cadhla* 25-08-2013 22:13

He got himself a loose tongue this past year (haha I sound like a hill-billy from W Virginia) and began to talk about his ex-wife, and really humiliated Catherine!! Tbf, he comes across as a foolish man and she is better than him!

fefster 25-08-2013 22:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by *Cadhla* (Post 68232497)
He got himself a loose tongue this past year (haha I sound like a hill-billy from W Virginia) and began to talk about his ex-wife, and really humiliated Catherine!! Tbf, he comes across as a foolish man and she is better than him!

Maybe so but 13 years hints as a very close connection at some point, sad really.
I don't think she coped well with his cancer.

Jerrica09 25-08-2013 22:19

It's all happening in the celeb's love lives this week!

I'm not surprised about this. All that stuff about vaginas giving him throat cancer, and how he must go down on CZJ regularly to beat his cancer - who would hang around after that?

Treat yourself to a toy boy this time Catherine, you've earned it!

Breadstix 25-08-2013 22:22

13 years for a celeb marriage is pretty good going.

CFCJM1 25-08-2013 22:26

Sounds like he's the one instigating it. That's a surprise as always thought she'd be the one to run off with a younger man at some stage.

*Cadhla* 25-08-2013 22:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by fefster (Post 68232665)
Maybe so but 13 years hints as a very close connection at some point, sad really.
I don't think she coped well with his cancer.

Mmmnnn...yes, you could be right. Cancer is VERY hard to deal with (I know from personal experience as most of us can) but how MD talked about it was pretty humiliating for Catherine, I thought.

big brother 9 25-08-2013 22:30

Get in. After seeing her in red2 ive now got a chance

fefster 25-08-2013 22:32

More hints here
http://www.celebdirtylaundry.com/201...drinking-0804/
It does appear to be his decision

Nicola32 25-08-2013 22:33

Aww...that's a shame. :(

_Magnum_ 25-08-2013 22:37

I never saw that one coming.

Orangemaid 25-08-2013 22:43

wow :( that's a shame

Inspiration 25-08-2013 22:46

Interesting how it's always the man's fault and the woman can always do better before anyone really knows the facts of the separation. Not having a go at anyone in particular. It's just interesting how sides are taken very early in this sort of thing.

Justicar 25-08-2013 23:51

Sounds like he's getting too old to bother with her bipolar. And wtf does he look like with that dyed hair, oh my god.

Jerrica09 26-08-2013 00:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspiration (Post 68233414)
Interesting how it's always the man's fault and the woman can always do better before anyone really knows the facts of the separation. Not having a go at anyone in particular. It's just interesting how sides are taken very early in this sort of thing.

Not always, but in this case it was a good guess. His public behaviour recently must have been extremely embarrassing for her.

And she can do better, that's just a fact. I still remember the reaction when she first got together with him. Extreme bemusement.

Westy2 26-08-2013 00:26

Wasn't she an ex of John Leslie?

Wonder how that relationship would've gone if they had stayed together?

whatever54 26-08-2013 01:21

Shame but I'm not totally surprised tbh. Anybody remember the blind items on them? Not totally correct but halfway there if the latest articles are true, I am sure there is some addiction issue with CZJ but I could be way off:o

John Dough 26-08-2013 01:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Westy2 (Post 68235642)
Wasn't she an ex of John Leslie?

Wonder how that relationship would've gone if they had stayed together?

It probably wouldn't have survived all his troubles,that really is one poor sod who was 'hung out to dry' by the gutter press.:(

janna 26-08-2013 01:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspiration (Post 68233414)
Interesting how it's always the man's fault and the woman can always do better before anyone really knows the facts of the separation. Not having a go at anyone in particular. It's just interesting how sides are taken very early in this sort of thing.

I know what you mean, but to be fair his interviews recently contained way too much personal info for comfort so it is sort of logical to assume she was annoyed at him . I thought at the time they were brave discussing it so openly but I still cringed just a bit too. So without reading the link I had wrongly assumed CZ had binned him.
Either way,they seemed to have a good run for a Hollywood marriage.

unique 26-08-2013 07:02

i have no idea what she saw in the multimillionaire actor in the first place

downtonfan 26-08-2013 10:20

^^ Really resent that comment. I find it quite low, considering they have stuck by each other through the most difficult times in their lives.

JasonWatkins 26-08-2013 10:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by downtonfan (Post 68239475)
^^ Really resent that comment. I find it quite low, considering they have stuck by each other through the most difficult times in their lives.

Absolutely spot on. They've been through it a lot together and this is why i'm so surprised at this announcement.

di60 26-08-2013 10:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by fefster (Post 68232665)
Maybe so but 13 years hints as a very close connection at some point, sad really.
I don't think she coped well with his cancer.

I don't think he coped well with her problem :cool:

http://snarkerati.com/celebrity-goss...-paparazzi.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by whatever54 (Post 68236637)
Shame but I'm not totally surprised tbh. Anybody remember the blind items on them? Not totally correct but halfway there if the latest articles are true, I am sure there is some addiction issue with CZJ but I could be way off:o

personally I don't think you are....

hunniebun 26-08-2013 10:33

I always think it's so sad when marriages break down - especially relatively long marriages like theirs.

But the last few years with Michaels cancer and Catherines mental health issues must have really tested their relationship - some marriages come out stronger after facing such things as they have - and some marriages crumble.

I do hope they manage the split amicably for the sake of their children - and I hope that Catherines mental health issues improve when she no longer has to face her marriage crumbling around her - it can't have helped her ability to cope. Mental health issues are hard enough to deal with when the rest of their lives are going smoothly - and can only imagine the effect a crumbling marriage would have on someone who's mental health is so vulnerable.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 15:40.