Digital Spy Forums

Digital Spy Forums (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/index.php)
-   Showbiz (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Helen Flanagan - is there any end to her stupidity? (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1907001)

Tweacle Tart II 05-11-2013 18:19

Helen Flanagan - is there any end to her stupidity?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...ess-night.html

What an idiot!

Threatened by someone wanting to steal her doormat? :rolleyes:

gulliverfoyle 05-11-2013 18:33

great bod but thick as $hit bimbo airhead

i mean the girl lived in a flat for 6 months and never cleaned

shes like a 12 yr old

fredster 05-11-2013 18:54

She is on some health diet where she drinks vegetable juice. Has she given up smoking? Someone needs to tell the bimbo that fruit and veg drinks are no much use when she is filling her lungs with protential cancer sticks

Molly Bloom 05-11-2013 19:21

She seems to be the latest in a long line of "tabloid babes" who are celebrated for being thick. It's beyond depressing the way "nice but dim" types are championed in this country, and treated like something to aspire to.

elnombre 05-11-2013 22:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by fredster (Post 69606722)
She is on some health diet where she drinks vegetable juice. Has she given up smoking? Someone needs to tell the bimbo that fruit and veg drinks are no much use when she is filling her lungs with protential cancer sticks

Yes, and then that same smug twattish self-appointed life coach can go round and find everyone who drinks alcohol and tell them how stupid they are if they eat their five-a-day while possibly risking liver damage.

Big Boy Barry 05-11-2013 22:13

Everytime I see her, I think of that scene in the Simpsons where Homer's thoughts amount to nothing more than a donkey sitting under a tree.

Bibidybobidyboo 05-11-2013 23:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Boy Barry (Post 69611839)
Everytime I see her, I think of that scene in the Simpsons where Homer's thoughts amount to nothing more than a donkey sitting under a tree.

Haha! I am reminded of Dougal in Father Ted :D

DavetheScot 06-11-2013 00:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molly Bloom (Post 69607527)
She seems to be the latest in a long line of "tabloid babes" who are celebrated for being thick. It's beyond depressing the way "nice but dim" types are championed in this country, and treated like something to aspire to.

Well, I do prefer "nice but dim" to clever and nasty. Though obviously clever and nice is the ideal combination. I do quite like Helen though; she is an idiot, but I don't see much harm in her.

Molly Bloom 06-11-2013 02:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavetheScot (Post 69614260)
Well, I do prefer "nice but dim" to clever and nasty. Though obviously clever and nice is the ideal combination. I do quite like Helen though; she is an idiot, but I don't see much harm in her.

I prefer people who don't try and play up to any one particular persona, myself. But as for "nice but dim", I'm just irritated that it is seen as THE thing to aspire to be by media types. What happened to people just being themselves? Why on earth is being "dim" considered an endearing thing?

Then again, Helen might be one of the few who isn't putting on an act. She seems harmless, I agree, but it's worrying someone her age would be so clueless about the world around her. Parenting fail?

Vodka_Drinka 06-11-2013 09:27

She's seems incapable of looking after herself properly, like a child trapped in a woman's body. I blame the parents.

Ella Nut 06-11-2013 09:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by gulliverfoyle (Post 69606272)
great bod but thick as $hit bimbo airhead

i mean the girl lived in a flat for 6 months and never cleaned

shes like a 12 yr old

That always makes me laugh. Great bod. Millions of young lassies have great bods, it's not an achievement in any way. It's just genetics.

Vodka_Drinka 06-11-2013 09:54

I think she's had work done to her face, she looks different to how she did when she was in Corrie. Almost waxy and airbrushed.

earthling13 06-11-2013 10:00

I wonder what a handwriting expert would make of it.

garyessex 06-11-2013 10:18

Why would she end her stupidity when it's keeping her career afloat? She'll milk it for what its worth

Flanno 06-11-2013 11:19

I must say that Helen's greatest asset is her massive boobs. Pity about her legs as they come closer to Princess Mike of Kent's BTLs (Billard Table Legs to you, folks).

Even more, she gets more stupider than stupid by taking an interest in dating that sleazeball singer James Arthur. :rolleyes:

Brighton Bhelle 06-11-2013 11:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flanno (Post 69617151)
I must say that Helen's greatest asset is her massive boobs.

Well she has to have something massive to make up for her lack of a massive intellect ......:cool:

fitnessqueen 06-11-2013 11:35

Thick as mince.

Porcupine 06-11-2013 12:26

I still don't understand why she quit Corrie. At the time I think she said she was suffering panic attacks by being in the limelight all the time. What ??!!! So, you quit Corrie and make an entire 'career' out of being in the limelight.

Im sure she is earning more now being a media whore ..... but at least in Corrie you just THOUGHT she was playing dumb.

wilehelmas 06-11-2013 12:37

Quote:

Nail on head.

gashead 06-11-2013 12:45

I quite like Flanners in a 'aw, bless/ Gayle Tuesday comedy bimbo' kinda way. She very briefly flirted with the idea of proving that she could be a 'serious' actress who could do more than look pretty wearing very little, but IACGMOOH killed that notion so she's accepted her limitations and makes the most of her assets without shame or pretending to be something she's not. She's got so little self-awareness, I find it impossible to dislike her.

chuck_wippl 06-11-2013 14:56

Quote:

Off the top of my head, others that are celebrated and praised for being THICK AS SH-- are:

Stacey Solomon

Chantelle Houghton

Chanelle Hayes

Brian Belo

Joey Essex

Mark Wight

In fact, ANYONE OFF TOWIE :rolleyes:

Their defenders' go-to line is always "Aww but they're so nice and sweet and aren't harming any one, so what if they're a bit dim?"

So what if she's nice?! :eek: I'm nice! My brother is nice! That stranger over there is probably NICE too! How on earth is that regarded as some kind of achievement or something to be lauded over?! It's not as if we don't have enough talented "nice" people in showbiz already. Who isn't nice?! *ahem, Christian Bale*

And they ARE harming through making people believe that being that hideously thick, ignorant and clueless about anything other than hair products and Big Brother line-ups is acceptable. It's not!! In my books anyway. I'm not a genius, far from it, and I watch some dire TV too, but at the same time I know who the Prime Minister is, I know the what the capital of France is, and I have a basic opinion on the state of the economy etc I just can't get my head around people who don't know these extremely basic (and sometimes, important) things!

Why are these stupid people famous and filthy rich for being...for being...for being NOTHING but thick?! Jealous? Me? Of course I'm jealous of people who earn tens of thousands of pounds for doing bugger all, really!!! :mad:

:o Wow. Didn't realise how strongly I felt about this subject....

EDIT: I am just one of those people who don't find dim/thick/whatever you want to call it, funny. :sleep:

zx50 06-11-2013 15:22

I had trouble reading some of her writing on them sheets. Her neighbour might not even be on Instagram. Her eyes look gorgeous in the second image down.

JJ75 06-11-2013 15:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by zx50 (Post 69620114)
I had trouble reading some of her writing on them sheets. Her neighbour might not even be on Instagram. Her eyes look gorgeous in the second image down.

She looks like she in a "how wide can you open your eyes" competition. Ridiculous.

Scarlett Berry 06-11-2013 17:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJ75 (Post 69620628)
She looks like she in a "how wide can you open your eyes" competition. Ridiculous.

agree, and as for the pout she puts on for her selfie photos...ahhhhhhhhhhhh:mad::mad::mad:

Tweacle Tart II 06-11-2013 18:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuck_wippl (Post 69619760)
Off the top of my head, others that are celebrated and praised for being THICK AS SH-- are:

Stacey Solomon

Chantelle Houghton

Chanelle Hayes

Brian Belo

Joey Essex

Mark Wight

In fact, ANYONE OFF TOWIE :rolleyes:

Their defenders' go-to line is always "Aww but they're so nice and sweet and aren't harming any one, so what if they're a bit dim?"

So what if she's nice?! :eek: I'm nice! My brother is nice! That stranger over there is probably NICE too! How on earth is that regarded as some kind of achievement or something to be lauded over?! It's not as if we don't have enough talented "nice" people in showbiz already. Who isn't nice?! *ahem, Christian Bale*

And they ARE harming through making people believe that being that hideously thick, ignorant and clueless about anything other than hair products and Big Brother line-ups is acceptable. It's not!! In my books anyway. I'm not a genius, far from it, and I watch some dire TV too, but at the same time I know who the Prime Minister is, I know the what the capital of France is, and I have a basic opinion on the state of the economy etc I just can't get my head around people who don't know these extremely basic (and sometimes, important) things!

Why are these stupid people famous and filthy rich for being...for being...for being NOTHING but thick?! Jealous? Me? Of course I'm jealous of people who earn tens of thousands of pounds for doing bugger all, really!!! :mad:

:o Wow. Didn't realise how strongly I felt about this subject....

EDIT: I am just one of those people who don't find dim/thick/whatever you want to call it, funny. :sleep:

You forgot the original.....Jade Goody. She opened the floodgates for this tidal wave of stupidness being celebrated.

By the way, I totally agree with you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gashead (Post 69618178)
I quite like Flanners in a 'aw, bless/ Gayle Tuesday comedy bimbo' kinda way. She very briefly flirted with the idea of proving that she could be a 'serious' actress who could do more than look pretty wearing very little, but IACGMOOH killed that notion so she's accepted her limitations and makes the most of her assets without shame or pretending to be something she's not. She's got so little self-awareness, I find it impossible to dislike her.

Yeah but Gayle Tuesday was a parody not a real life person :cool: