Digital Spy Forums

Digital Spy Forums (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/index.php)
-   Showbiz (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Paul Shane's legendary performance on pebble Mill (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1907807)

evangeline007 08-11-2013 18:07

Paul Shane's legendary performance on pebble Mill
 
I came across this gem from Pebble Mill, Paul Shane* (from Hi Hi Di Hi) singing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0315xbv5Gk

Wonderful x

ursula321 09-11-2013 07:33

It is hilarious, I could watch it over and over.

mikw 09-11-2013 08:06

It's TV Gold!

wilehelmas 09-11-2013 10:00

It is gold.

Whilst we're on the subject I still think Todd Carthy on Dancing On Ice tops all of TV gems for all time.

The screen quality's abysmal but it's sidecreasing magic, and always will be. :D I just love how he gets chucked back out by unseen hands at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gGR28wrKiQ

dorydaryl 09-11-2013 10:04

Hahahahahahah! Oh, bless him. I hope the constipation cleared up. R.I.P., Paul.

Dave3622 09-11-2013 10:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by wilehelmas (Post 69665895)
It is gold.

Whilst we're on the subject I still think Todd Carthy on Dancing On Ice tops all of TV gems for all time.

The screen quality's abysmal but it's sidecreasing magic, and always will be. :D I just love how he gets chucked back out by unseen hands at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gGR28wrKiQ

LOL that's even funnier with the audio removed. Just look at those facial expressions and clumsy movements. Priceless :D

Sloopy 09-11-2013 10:43

You can see Paul Shane (RIP) believes he is putting on the performance of his life there. :p

The guy in the leather trousers....the tone-deaf backing singers.....you couldn't put together a better comedy of errors than if it had been a parody. :D

Dave3622 09-11-2013 12:47

I love the bit when the second verse begins and he shouts 'Bay-BEH'. I could watch it forever :D

Pizzatheaction 09-11-2013 18:22

I still love this. :D

davidnumen 09-11-2013 19:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sloopy (Post 69666409)
You can see Paul Shane (RIP) believes he is putting on the performance of his life there. :p

The guy in the leather trousers....the tone-deaf backing singers.....you couldn't put together a better comedy of errors than if it had been a parody. :D

The bloke in leather trousers is a former star of Thames TV's sci-fi kids show favourite "The Tomorrow People which adds to the bizarreness of the whole thing.

Microkorg 09-11-2013 19:40

Yep, Mike Holloway on backing vocals and bad "Gary Numan" hair

Lyricalis 10-11-2013 03:31

Miss That Loving-Feeling is still in hiding to this very day.

mickmars 10-11-2013 03:47

Wish we could campaign to get this to compete with the XFactor for the Xmas number one

darkisland 10-11-2013 11:59

The two dancing bimbos don't offer much help. Their singing skills seem to have deserted them that particular day.

fruitloop27 10-11-2013 15:28

That was so bad, it's good.
The backing singers- what was the point of them being there?
Shane's 'Bay-beh, bay-BEH!' sounded like he was poked with a stick & his hand movements were hilarious.

Groundhogal 10-11-2013 16:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Microkorg (Post 69675484)
Yep, Mike Holloway on backing vocals and bad "Gary Numan" hair

Was he the guy from Flintcock or something? They used to be on Pauline Quirke's show in the 70s. :confused:

Microkorg 10-11-2013 17:58

That's the one
Now wears a wig

tiacat 10-11-2013 19:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickmars (Post 69686386)
Wish we could campaign to get this to compete with the XFactor for the Xmas number one

I love this idea

evangeline007 11-11-2013 01:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickmars (Post 69686386)
Wish we could campaign to get this to compete with the XFactor for the Xmas number one

Oh yes it would be a tribute. I wish some editor would show the full footage, it is in the archives. I remember it was on TV hell top 100.

Gusto Brunt 11-11-2013 09:41

Shockingly bad. :D

Ella Nut 11-11-2013 11:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Microkorg (Post 69675484)
Yep, Mike Holloway on backing vocals and bad "Gary Numan" hair

Thankfully he's more "lead" than back-up.

Who on earth told Paul he could sing I wonder? Still, it is pure telly gold, and I am grateful to have seen it.

Ella Nut 11-11-2013 11:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickmars (Post 69686386)
Wish we could campaign to get this to compete with the XFactor for the Xmas number one

You need the visual as well as the audio to appreciate it's full majesty but I would buy it!

Sloopy 11-11-2013 11:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ella Nut (Post 69710730)
Who on earth told Paul he could sing I wonder? Still, it is pure telly gold, and I am grateful to have seen it.

He did. Probably. :D

Fabulous clip though.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 00:02.