Digital Spy Forums

Digital Spy Forums (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/index.php)
-   Music (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Mutya Keisha Siobhan - second single (TBA) (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1912126)

Daily Dreams 21-11-2013 17:31

Mutya Keisha Siobhan - second single (TBA)
 
The group revealed earlier in the week that it's a song we've not heard live :D

Flatline was such a good debut, shame about the ranking in the charts! Hopefully their second single will do better :)

Makson 21-11-2013 19:15

Thread seems a bit pointless until we actually know the name of the single at least, lol.

Luner13 21-11-2013 19:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daily Dreams (Post 69890993)
Hopefully their second single will do better :)

Realistically it isn't going to is it? no radio stations will playlist it on the back of a #50 flop

Mutya Keisha Siobhan have as much chance of success as Kerry Katona has of being given a CBE.

cloudsailor 21-11-2013 19:41

See although lots of people said they want the original Sugababes back it's just the nostalgia talking, not because they really wanted them back

Bet none of those people bought their new single as MKS because they aren't kids anymore and it was a band from their childhoods.

babelogue 21-11-2013 20:21

I bought Flatline cos I thought it was amazing. Had zero interest in the Sugababes in any of their incarnations before that. Will be interested to hear the next single, hopefully it will be as good as Flatline.

Luner13 21-11-2013 20:23

I actually liked that song the last Sugababe line up did that they gave away free on amazon.co.uk more than Flatline.

mgvsmith 21-11-2013 22:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloudsailor (Post 69893498)
See although lots of people said they want the original Sugababes back it's just the nostalgia talking, not because they really wanted them back

Bet none of those people bought their new single as MKS because they aren't kids anymore and it was a band from their childhoods.

I bought the MKS single because I thought it was good.
I still think it is. And I'll judge the next one in the same way.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be!

spaceygal 21-11-2013 23:22

I love MKS, bought Flatline and went to their gig in Bristol last week. They were brilliant and went down a storm. I look forward to their next single and their album.

cnbcwatcher 21-11-2013 23:34

Looking forward to this. I've always been a Sugababes fan and I bought Flatline because I liked it.

Hollie_Louise 21-11-2013 23:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloudsailor (Post 69893498)
See although lots of people said they want the original Sugababes back it's just the nostalgia talking, not because they really wanted them back

Bet none of those people bought their new single as MKS because they aren't kids anymore and it was a band from their childhoods.

I was happy when they announced their comeback but I was and remain under no illusion they will be as successful as others assumed they would be. I didn't buy the single because of nostalgia, I bought it because it's a great song and they are great singers. I hope their next single does better than Flatline, which is a great song, but I really doubt it will do. No radio play + no video play + their reputation = flop.

I've said it numerous times, something about the three girls together obviously just doesn't click with the public. They kept fans waiting far too long for material, announce a single in June, debuted in July and multiple pushbacks before release in September 2013, four years after the hype began for the original line-up reforming.

cloudsailor 22-11-2013 07:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollie_Louise (Post 69899973)
I was happy when they announced their comeback but I was and remain under no illusion they will be as successful as others assumed they would be. I didn't buy the single because of nostalgia, I bought it because it's a great song and they are great singers. I hope their next single does better than Flatline, which is a great song, but I really doubt it will do. No radio play + no video play + their reputation = flop.

I've said it numerous times, something about the three girls together obviously just doesn't click with the public. They kept fans waiting far too long for material, announce a single in June, debuted in July and multiple pushbacks before release in September 2013, four years after the hype began for the original line-up reforming.

I like them to and I bought the single. But I agree with you. I think the big wait was the final nail in the coffin for even a Sugababes original band.

But I was talking generally not in a way to disrespect them but nostalgia is a big reason why a lot of these bands from the 90s flop in 2013. People like to reminisce and talk about how great it was back then, but they won't buy the current singles or album because of the nostalgia.

Which is a shame and I really like Boyzone's new single too XD.

CoreyHill95 22-11-2013 12:29

Quite excited to hear the song, loved Flatline!! Really want to hear the album I hope it doesn't get scrapped after their poor success.
Although hopefully Siobhan leaves and we get Mutya Keisha Heidi :)

cnbcwatcher 22-11-2013 12:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoreyHill95 (Post 69904309)
Quite excited to hear the song, loved Flatline!! Really want to hear the album I hope it doesn't get scrapped after their poor success.
Although hopefully Siobhan leaves and we get Mutya Keisha Heidi :)

That would be brilliant :D They were my favourite Sugababes lineup.

AdzPower 22-11-2013 12:52

This will flop, no way around it, they just don't click with the public.
Hence why the Sugababes originally needed a bubbly blonde to acquire success.

Hollie_Louise 22-11-2013 13:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoreyHill95 (Post 69904309)
Quite excited to hear the song, loved Flatline!! Really want to hear the album I hope it doesn't get scrapped after their poor success.
Although hopefully Siobhan leaves and we get Mutya Keisha Heidi :)

In the Sugababes/MKS world, anything is possible. I wouldn't put it past them to form MKSH at some point. I'd love to see a documentary/interview of all six members, in a room together talking about what actually happened. A Sugababes: The Musical would be fun too, definitely enough drama to fill a 90 minute show.

If Heidi came back, I wonder what all the people that slated her in the Keisha situation would be saying then seeing as MKH are the most popular line-up

Hollie_Louise 22-11-2013 13:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloudsailor (Post 69901409)
I like them to and I bought the single. But I agree with you. I think the big wait was the final nail in the coffin for even a Sugababes original band.

But I was talking generally not in a way to disrespect them but nostalgia is a big reason why a lot of these bands from the 90s flop in 2013. People like to reminisce and talk about how great it was back then, but they won't buy the current singles or album because of the nostalgia.

Which is a shame and I really like Boyzone's new single too XD.

I agree. I think a big factor was people jumping on the 1.0 bandwagon to be honest. Why did all these people think that 1.0 who released one album, which took eight years (I believe) to go Gold, and one top ten single 13 years ago would come back and be more successful.

If Flatline was released in January 2010, three months after Keisha left, rather than in September 2013, almost four years after, then it probably could have gone top ten because people were still interested or had sympathy. The constant stream of contradicting interviews don't help either. People, at least hardcore fans, will remember the years Siobhan said Keisha was her first bully and made her life hell, but come reformation and single release, Keisha wasn't a bully. Mutya wins gift wrap rights (still makes me laugh), MKS reform and they don't even want the Sugababes name anymore, they are about more than a name, a few weeks after Sugababes split, all of a sudden there is interest in it, Keisha stating in 2006 that Sugababes weren't Sugababes until Heidi joined, fast forward to single release and Keisha never felt comfortable after Siobhan left. Siobhan constantly being referred to as "the other girl" and wanting Heidi and Amelle to re-record the Siobhan/Mutya vocals on Overloaded, fast forward to the This Morning interview after Flatline flatlined and Heidi is now "one of the other girls"

Why will they not learn that every time they contradict themselves they make them look stupid. I understand they are older now and I'm glad they forgive and forget to reform, but forgiving and forgetting shouldn't mean completely denying claims they had made against each other for 9/10 years

MysteriousOz 22-11-2013 14:41

I was a huge sugababes fan but I have always felt that Keisha bullied and Siobhan and then did the same to Heidi and amelle based on their comments so for me anything that Keisha is associated with I just cant like. In many cases id say people can change but she has always conveyed "once a bully always a bully" I mean if Heidi and Amelle were so unhappy that they were willing to walk away from their band id say she was pretty nasty!

as for the song, to me it flatlined, it wasn't big enough for a comeback

Just my opinion folks

Makson 22-11-2013 15:33

I'm going to see them in The George next Thursday. I'll ask them about the second single if I get a chance for a photo op with them.
I can't wait!!

Hollie_Louise 22-11-2013 16:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by MysteriousOz (Post 69905999)
I was a huge sugababes fan but I have always felt that Keisha bullied and Siobhan and then did the same to Heidi and amelle based on their comments so for me anything that Keisha is associated with I just cant like. In many cases id say people can change but she has always conveyed "once a bully always a bully" I mean if Heidi and Amelle were so unhappy that they were willing to walk away from their band id say she was pretty nasty!

as for the song, to me it flatlined, it wasn't big enough for a comeback

Just my opinion folks

I believe Keisha bullied Siobhan, she said it for too long for to not be true but the rest I disagree with tbh. Whilst I believe she was hard to work with, Heidi and Amelle both said she didn't bully anybody, she just became hard to work with. I think that's because she was closer to Heidi by the time Mutya left and then Amelle joined and she got close to Heidi.

I don't believe in "once a bully always a bully either", they were 15 year old girls when Siobhan was in the band and she had grown up and matured. She just wasn't a nice person to be around at the end or Heidi and Amelle wouldn't have walked out, I wouldn't call her a bully towards them though.

I think had 4.0 done one interview, explained what actually happened and just how bad Keisha was, their outcome would be quite different. The press instantly jumped to Keisha's defence, every review of Sweet 7 became about the line-up rather than the music. 4.0 also left it too long between Sweet 7 and Freedom, by which time people just weren't interested anymore but it got great reviews. They gave up on it too soon.

Had Keisha and Heidi continued as a duo, they gave some great performances when Mutya was "Ill", we would be seeing 2.0 by this point and 1.0 would be thought about less than they were by the time Freak came about

Isleepinthebuff 28-11-2013 19:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollie_Louise (Post 69905297)
I agree. I think a big factor was people jumping on the 1.0 bandwagon to be honest. Why did all these people think that 1.0 who released one album, which took eight years (I believe) to go Gold, and one top ten single 13 years ago would come back and be more successful.

If Flatline was released in January 2010, three months after Keisha left, rather than in September 2013, almost four years after, then it probably could have gone top ten because people were still interested or had sympathy. The constant stream of contradicting interviews don't help either. People, at least hardcore fans, will remember the years Siobhan said Keisha was her first bully and made her life hell, but come reformation and single release, Keisha wasn't a bully. Mutya wins gift wrap rights (still makes me laugh), MKS reform and they don't even want the Sugababes name anymore, they are about more than a name, a few weeks after Sugababes split, all of a sudden there is interest in it, Keisha stating in 2006 that Sugababes weren't Sugababes until Heidi joined, fast forward to single release and Keisha never felt comfortable after Siobhan left. Siobhan constantly being referred to as "the other girl" and wanting Heidi and Amelle to re-record the Siobhan/Mutya vocals on Overloaded, fast forward to the This Morning interview after Flatline flatlined and Heidi is now "one of the other girls"

Why will they not learn that every time they contradict themselves they make them look stupid. I understand they are older now and I'm glad they forgive and forget to reform, but forgiving and forgetting shouldn't mean completely denying claims they had made against each other for 9/10 years


Plus Keisha saying Heidi and Amelle wanted her out because she was the only one allowed to write to the end. Thanks Keisha was Sweet 7 then!:rolleyes:

Whether Keisha is a bully or not it sounds like the management / record company wanted rid as much as Heidi and Amelle didn't want to work with her. How long before Siobhan starts to feel the same and I would imagine the slightest thing will trigger how Siobhan used to feel.

Makson 28-11-2013 20:11

The girls are playing in Dublin tonight! I'm going to see them in a few hours..can't wait!!:D

mgvsmith 28-11-2013 21:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollie_Louise (Post 69905297)

Why will they not learn that every time they contradict themselves they make them look stupid. I understand they are older now and I'm glad they forgive and forget to reform, but forgiving and forgetting shouldn't mean completely denying claims they had made against each other for 9/10 years

Yeah, but it might mean not raking them up every time they're interviewed or working together which it seems people simply want to do here. Personally, I see MKS as a way of three girls pooling their musical talents, if they don't get on all the better in terms of creative tension. I'm impressed how youthful they still look!

Makson 28-11-2013 21:37

Must admit I am very impressed that they are willing to put in the "ground work" and start from the very bottom again. Playing the gay bar circuit is usually reserved for X factor rejects and tribute bands. It is to be commended!

Aura101 09-01-2014 11:46

any news ?

spaceygal 15-01-2014 01:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aura101 (Post 70717614)
any news ?

Just what I was wondering!! When on earth are they going to release their album or another single? It's been months since Flatline!!


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:03.