Digital Spy Forums

Digital Spy Forums (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/index.php)
-   Showbiz (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Why do The Sun & Mail enjoy sucking Cowell's love muscle? (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1942174)

i4u 16-02-2014 08:10

Why do The Sun & Mail enjoy sucking Cowell's love muscle?
 
Both papers are reporting Cowell's first words to Eric as being, 'I've waited all my life for you' supplied by 'a source.' Max Clifford couldn't have provided a better quote.

Are these papers forgetting less than 6 months ago Sinitta went into meltdown revealing she and love rat Cowell had decided to abort their child. With the number of women he supposedly bedded over the years and his desire for a child Simon must have wondered if there had been a mutiny below decks by his seamen.

This is a guy who was shagging the wife of his best friend right under the eye of her husband, yet not a squeak of outrage from the Mail or Sun. Recall how the pregnancy become known, Simon's reaction at the time seemed to be one of stunned silence as if couldn't possibly be his. Then we had a glum looking Cowell caught on camera in natural posed shots lovingly caring for the mother of his child.

Ms Silverman was thanked for her help by Tom Bower in writing a book about Cowell. Bower who spent time at sea riding the crest of a wave with Cowell and his entourage, wasn't aware Ms Silverman was rocking Simon's boat, or was he tossed a sardine in the shape of Danni Minogue to keep Cowell's sordid affair under wraps?

All knowing Sinitta says she was barred from speaking to Bower, she didn't know that Simon was going at it with Ms Silverman like a ships rat up a mainsail. Yet, she's seen a trusted source and clutched to Simon's bosom.

X-Factor US fails dismally and cancelled but the red tops play it down instead concentrating on his 'triumphant' return too the UK.

The Sun & Mail bang on about freedom of the press, but when it comes to Cowell they behave like his right hand man masturbating his ego at every opportunity.

zx50 16-02-2014 08:48

The Sun likes any celebrity that likes the Conservatives. I'm sure they've reported in the past that Cowell votes Conservative. I might be wrong on that though. This could be the reason why they're going easy on him for. God help him if he voted Labour.

boddism 16-02-2014 09:15

I assume some kinda "deal" was done with the tabloids a few yrs ago,hence their relentless frothing at the mouth about every damn show Cowell was involved in.
Like the Saville scandal I expect the truth about the relationship btw Cowell & the red tops will come out once he's gone.
One things for sure- no ones willing to investigate the links whilst he's still a powerful man..

wilehelmas 16-02-2014 09:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by i4u (Post 71368739)
Both papers are reporting Cowell's first words to Eric as being, 'I've waited all my life for you' supplied by 'a source.' Max Clifford couldn't have provided a better quote.

Are these papers forgetting less than 6 months ago Sinitta went into meltdown revealing she and love rat Cowell had decided to abort their child. With the number of women he supposedly bedded over the years and his desire for a child Simon must have wondered if there had been a mutiny below decks by his seamen.

This is a guy who was shagging the wife of his best friend right under the eye of her husband, yet not a squeak of outrage from the Mail or Sun. Recall how the pregnancy become known, Simon's reaction at the time seemed to be one of stunned silence as if couldn't possibly be his. Then we had a glum looking Cowell caught on camera in natural posed shots lovingly caring for the mother of his child.

Ms Silverman was thanked for her help by Tom Bower in writing a book about Cowell. Bower who spent time at sea riding the crest of a wave with Cowell and his entourage, wasn't aware Ms Silverman was rocking Simon's boat, or was he tossed a sardine in the shape of Danni Minogue to keep Cowell's sordid affair under wraps?

All knowing Sinitta says she was barred from speaking to Bower, she didn't know that Simon was going at it with Ms Silverman like a ships rat up a mainsail. Yet, she's seen a trusted source and clutched to Simon's bosom.

X-Factor US fails dismally and cancelled but the red tops play it down instead concentrating on his 'triumphant' return too the UK.

The Sun & Mail bang on about freedom of the press, but when it comes to Cowell they behave like his right hand man masturbating his ego at every opportunity.


Yes, mysteriously, dear old Simon has been the only human not to have been dragged across all the front pages like something from a foxhunt after "having an affair" and "splitting a family up". In fact, life's been just peachy for him. Because someone's made damn sure of it.

The wonderful 'free' British press...

(AKA: Most businesses don't do something for nothing.)

wilehelmas 16-02-2014 09:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by i4u (Post 71368739)
Both papers are reporting Cowell's first words to Eric as being, 'I've waited all my life for you' supplied by 'a source.' Max Clifford couldn't have provided a better quote.

Are these papers forgetting less than 6 months ago Sinitta went into meltdown revealing she and love rat Cowell had decided to abort their child. With the number of women he supposedly bedded over the years and his desire for a child Simon must have wondered if there had been a mutiny below decks by his seamen.

This is a guy who was shagging the wife of his best friend right under the eye of her husband, yet not a squeak of outrage from the Mail or Sun. Recall how the pregnancy become known, Simon's reaction at the time seemed to be one of stunned silence as if couldn't possibly be his. Then we had a glum looking Cowell caught on camera in natural posed shots lovingly caring for the mother of his child.

Ms Silverman was thanked for her help by Tom Bower in writing a book about Cowell. Bower who spent time at sea riding the crest of a wave with Cowell and his entourage, wasn't aware Ms Silverman was rocking Simon's boat, or was he tossed a sardine in the shape of Danni Minogue to keep Cowell's sordid affair under wraps?

All knowing Sinitta says she was barred from speaking to Bower, she didn't know that Simon was going at it with Ms Silverman like a ships rat up a mainsail. Yet, she's seen a trusted source and clutched to Simon's bosom.

X-Factor US fails dismally and cancelled but the red tops play it down instead concentrating on his 'triumphant' return too the UK.

The Sun & Mail bang on about freedom of the press, but when it comes to Cowell they behave like his right hand man masturbating his ego at every opportunity.

PS: this is great. :D:D Write a book, in this style. Because it'd fly off the shelves, 100%.

Love it.

Yvie123 16-02-2014 10:24

Deals with PR people, money and power I suppose.
I've stopped reading The Mail, but it's blatantly obvious that they stick relentless glowing articles about celebs whose PR people are onside with them, and write whatever bile they like about those who don't play the game.
Simon Cowell has the most successful PR guy in the business working for him...enough said, really:)

zx50 16-02-2014 11:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by boddism (Post 71369012)
I assume some kinda "deal" was done with the tabloids a few yrs ago,hence their relentless frothing at the mouth about every damn show Cowell was involved in.
Like the Saville scandal I expect the truth about the relationship btw Cowell & the red tops will come out once he's gone.
One things for sure- no ones willing to investigate the links whilst he's still a powerful man..

Why wouldn't a non-red top tabloid print an article about his relationship with them (if he has one) while he's alive? If it's true, how could he sue the tabloid who printed it? Of course, they'd have to be able to prove it though.

boddism 16-02-2014 11:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by zx50 (Post 71370611)
Why wouldn't a non-red top tabloid print an article about his relationship with them (if he has one) while he's alive? If it's true, how could he sue the tabloid who printed it? Of course, they'd have to be able to prove it though.

Some v powerful people are very litigous and can afford the best lawyers.
The truth will come out but not any time soon...

i4u 16-02-2014 12:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by boddism (Post 71369012)
I assume some kinda "deal" was done with the tabloids a few yrs ago,hence their relentless frothing at the mouth about every damn show Cowell was involved in.
Like the Saville scandal I expect the truth about the relationship btw Cowell & the red tops will come out once he's gone.
One things for sure- no ones willing to investigate the links whilst he's still a powerful man..

Reading details of 200,000 retainers paid by a newspaper to keep someone on side and avoid matters going to court, sounds like a deal to me.

Considering how the Sun & Mail berate others for covering up Savile, one wonders how far they have gone to protect certain celebs for commercial reasons.

If they truly were a free press they'd print a story at a time of their choosing not wait for the say so of a publicist, such as the very well known publicist who was having an affair with a married woman who was treated in the same many as Cowell appears to be.

There's something very sordid about this group of people, the forcing of the press with photo's of Simon Cowell with a female, lap dancers, references to prostitutes and female porn stars, cameras in place late at night to snap a young girl dressed in just a coat enter his house.

i4u 16-02-2014 12:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by zx50 (Post 71370611)
Why wouldn't a non-red top tabloid print an article about his relationship with them (if he has one) while he's alive? If it's true, how could he sue the tabloid who printed it? Of course, they'd have to be able to prove it though.

Looking at the broadsheets they tend have the attitude showbiz tittle tattle is beneath them, but many of tabloid editors began on the showbiz pages, where the standard of journalism appears to be regularly corrupted.

Look at Dan Wooton's cosy relationship with Can Associates and stories he wrote about Kerry Katonna, or the year of negative stories about Katie Price by Gemma Wheatley who then moved to CAN.

CravenHaven 16-02-2014 13:06

What is a love-muscle and can I make it bigger with weights?...

zx50 16-02-2014 13:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by boddism (Post 71370825)
Some v powerful people are very litigous and can afford the best lawyers.
The truth will come out but not any time soon...

Even the best lawyers can't make a truth out to be a lie if what's being accused actually happened. If something is proved, this will make it almost impossible for even the best lawyer to get out of.

Cryolemon 16-02-2014 14:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by zx50 (Post 71372182)
Even the best lawyers can't make a truth out to be a lie if what's being accused actually happened.

They don't have to, because thanks to Leveson unless the press have got VERY good proof, from very legitimate sources, they wont publish.

Vodka_Drinka 16-02-2014 17:46

I was surprised that the press didn't get as hysterical as I thought they would when Simon's return to The X Factor was announced. I don't actually think the media coverage of him is as fawning as it was a few years ago, but he does still get an incredibly easy time from the press. As others have already stated, had anyone else got a friends wife pregnant the media would have gone to town on them, but this has been manipulated into being some kind of great love story.

I don't believe Simon has always wanted to be a father, in fact I recall interviews he's done in the past where he's said he thought he was too selfish to have kids. This is all media spin we are reading now. I think the pregnancy was a business arrangement, possibly because the media were beginning to fire of him and he had to do something else to keep his profile high.

I wonder what will happen with Simon's PR if Max Clifford is found guilty of the crimes he's accused of?

Gloria Fandango 16-02-2014 18:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vodka_Drinka (Post 71375158)

I think the pregnancy was a business arrangement

Yes, I wonder for how long this little boy will have a full time mother? I can imagine a breakup in which Daddy Cowell will walk away with the baby - the mother being unable to care for him but quite happy to take a massive pay off.

Big Boy Barry 16-02-2014 18:57

Access

The more sycophantic they get, the more likely they are of scoring interviews with various Cowell manufactured acts.

Vodka_Drinka 16-02-2014 18:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gloria Fandango (Post 71376481)
Yes, I wonder for how long this little boy will have a full time mother? I can imagine a breakup in which Daddy Cowell will walk away with the baby - the mother being unable to care for him but quite happy to take a massive pay off.

Yes, I said in another thread that I think she will hand over the baby to him eventually and I think that's been the plan all along. No doubt the poor thing will be raised by nannies, I hope I'm wrong though.

Big Boy Barry 16-02-2014 19:00

Cowell Junior will be fast-tracked into the recording industry, via nepotism

Just like his dad.

Vodka_Drinka 16-02-2014 19:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Boy Barry (Post 71376590)
Cowell Junior will be fast-tracked into the recording industry, via nepotism

Just like his dad.

To be fair I think Simon did work his way up from the bottom. Yes his dad got him his first job at a record company, but it was only in the mail room I think.

zx50 16-02-2014 19:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cryolemon (Post 71372596)
They don't have to, because thanks to Leveson unless the press have got VERY good proof, from very legitimate sources, they wont publish.

Yeah, obviously they'd have to reveal the proof that went with their accusation.

IntoTheBlue 17-02-2014 06:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vodka_Drinka (Post 71376532)
Yes, I said in another thread that I think she will hand over the baby to him eventually and I think that's been the plan all along. No doubt the poor thing will be raised by nannies, I hope I'm wrong though.

I hope you're wrong too, but I also have figured all along this is what will happen. Such an unnatural way for a child to be raised. :(

wilehelmas 17-02-2014 06:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Boy Barry (Post 71376530)
Access

The more sycophantic they get, the more likely they are of scoring interviews with various Cowell manufactured acts.

Bingo.

The Sun's front and centre there. Have their little stall all set out.

Poppy99_Poppy 17-02-2014 08:41

Daybreak are on message about him too. John Stapleton said this morning, I wonder if he will mellow now he has a baby. Kate G said very quickly, we love him how he is, it is all a pantomime, he does a lot for charity. It was an over the top protective comment to a very bland comment from John. I have noticed before that Daybreak always big him up, probably because he has a lot of sway on ITV.

Vodka_Drinka 17-02-2014 10:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poppy99_Poppy (Post 71384090)
Daybreak are on message about him too. John Stapleton said this morning, I wonder if he will mellow now he has a baby. Kate G said very quickly, we love him how he is, it is all a pantomime, he does a lot for charity. It was an over the top protective comment to a very bland comment from John. I have noticed before that Daybreak always big him up, probably because he has a lot of sway on ITV.

"He does a lot for charity"? Well so did Jimmy Savile and look what happened there....

I remember when The Voice began with huge ratings Philip Schofield saying to Holly on TM the following Monday that "Simon won't be happy with you". It was an odd comment to say the least, but ITV have become so over reliant on him and seem to be terribly scared of offending him.

Wondering if a baby will make him more mellow is a perfectly normal thing to say when someone becomes a parent for the first time because it does change you. Nothing at all wrong with what John said IMO.

Goaty 17-02-2014 10:28

All papers with Simon's baby today was so OTT and very worried!


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 17:48.