Digital Spy Forums

Digital Spy Forums (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/index.php)
-   Music (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Susan Boyle RIver Deep Mountain High (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1951786)

WalkTheRope 28-03-2014 11:45

Susan Boyle RIver Deep Mountain High

Susan Boyle sings River Deep, Mountain High on her 1st British tour, there's a possibility this could be recorded and released as a single in the UK. This is according to her manager. But wont be released in the US, their charts Radio air time and streaming goes before sales and she isn't big in any of those areas. + physical CD singles are almost dead there.
He did say the albums that are on sale at venues during the tour won't be reported to soundscan, so wont enter the UK charts with these sales.

sunrisegirl 28-03-2014 22:29

She's one of so-many US radio will not support, so there's nothing new there. Releasing a single will indeed flop if was released.

Doghouse Riley 29-03-2014 00:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunrisegirl (Post 71948399)
She's one of so-many US radio will not support, so there's nothing new there. Releasing a single will indeed flop if was released.

She's no Tina Turner.

ohglobbits 29-03-2014 00:55

Unless she's morphed into a rock singer this will sound disastrous. Some songs can't be turned into opera-lite.

mushymanrob 29-03-2014 08:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohglobbits (Post 71950148)
Unless she's morphed into a rock singer this will sound disastrous. Some songs can't be turned into opera-lite.

agreed.

phil spectres arguably finest moment is when he produced ike and tina turners version. that was the definitive version, i cannot see how it can be matched let alone bettered.

sunrisegirl 29-03-2014 09:35

There is a bootleg out there and it's karaoke, and some of her fans thinks this would be #1 on the charts

NOT, NO, wont happen.

Alrightmate 29-03-2014 11:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohglobbits (Post 71950148)

I can imagine her slowly swaying from side to side and clicking her fingers to it after having been told to go and 'rock it out'.:D

RikScot 29-03-2014 11:24

She murdered Wild Horses as far as I'm concerned...so this is no surprise :(

NScot 29-03-2014 14:34

She wont get airplay with that song or any other song in America, a deal would work but only for the day and the days after would be all negative updates. Would be a total waste of money.

Her video's don't get many streams and Billboard only count US streams, and that's out of the window for her.

In all, would be a waste of time releasing a single or it would go flopney.

dd68 14-04-2014 23:06

Why does she only do covers?

twells 14-04-2014 23:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by NScot (Post 71954256)
She wont get airplay with that song or any other song in America, a deal would work but only for the day and the days after would be all negative updates. Would be a total waste of money.

Her video's don't get many streams and Billboard only count US streams, and that's out of the window for her.

In all, would be a waste of time releasing a single or it would go flopney.

Why does this thread even exist? Her manager said it won't be released in the US and only possibly in the UK. It's used as a change of tempo in the show.

Nobody knows better than Susan Boyle and her people that, for all the reasons mentioned, she's an album seller not a single seller. And 5 years since her debut, according to the IFPI, she was still in the top 5 UK album sellers WW in 2013. I don't think the Boyle team spends much time agonizing about releasing singles.

sunrisegirl 15-04-2014 10:05

LOL

She's not in the top 5 By UK artists in 2013.

Adele
Robbie
David Bowie
Emeli Sande
1D
Garry Barlow
Arctic Monkeys

All of these sold more than her last year world wide.

Heston Veston 15-04-2014 11:26

I can't get my head round the concept. It would be as if, say, someone like Mariah Carey were to do a version of "Without You".

MrMarple 15-04-2014 11:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heston Veston (Post 72218040)
I can't get my head round the concept. It would be as if, say, someone like Mariah Carey were to do a version of "Without You".

:D:D:D:D:D

bornfree 15-04-2014 12:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by dd68 (Post 72212877)
Why does she only do covers?

Because she cant write her own songs and I suppose her voice is not very poppy so Simon Cowell's song writers probably find it hard to write for her but can easily write songs for One Direction and such like.

I don't think I have ever sat down and listened to a complete Susan Boyle song. She has an OK voice but so do many other female artists who actually write their own material and don't do covers.

NScot 15-04-2014 15:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunrisegirl (Post 72216925)
LOL

She's not in the top 5 By UK artists in 2013.

Adele
Robbie
David Bowie
Emeli Sande
1D
Garry Barlow
Arctic Monkeys

All of these sold more than her last year world wide.

Didn't make the top10 never mind top5. Add Elie Goulding and Mumford & Sons and Rod Stewart.
Those are the top10 with your list.
SuBo was the 4th biggest selling UK female of 2013.for world sales.