View Single Post
Old 09-11-2008, 22:44
eunicelouise658
Forum Member

Most of the nice celebs I have met sadly show my age:
Patrick McGoohan famous for the The Prisoner series and Dangerman, he was a delightful guy.
Teddy Sheringham and Sol Campbell in their Spurs days. I am Arsenal fan but was looking after some young fans at our local club who Spurs drew with in the FA Cup. The guys were great with the kids after the match, patient, friendly and signed autographs and chatted.
I met former Prime Minister Ted Heath who was a truly lovely gentleman. I was only 14 when I met him and not easily impressed..
I met Helen Shapiro a few years back when I took a couple of disabled people I supported to a concert she was really friendly.
My eldest son is a Villa fan and has met a few players who have been friendly and relaxed especially when dealing with children, Gareth Barry and ex Villa man Darius Vassell.
The person who sticks in my mind as being awful was ex Man U and England player Brian Robson. There were scores of children who idolised him and were excited that he and Man U were playing at our local club. The rest of the team were great and stayed behind for and organised party (it had been a player's testimonial) Brian Robson had been swept away in a private car. He did not even give a wave to the hoardes of children waiting to see him.
eunicelouise658 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.