View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 01:33
irish-óg
Forum Member

Like some people I'm boycotting CB but should you boycott all stars wo go court whether they've been found guilty or not guilty?
Who you still endorse star, even though they've been found guilty of a crime?
How serious would the crime have to be for you to not defend the star and class it as a ''mistake''. And if you boycott, one star who's been found guilty of crimes should you boycott them all.
I've boycotted stars because I feel if you're buying into there stuff and they do a serious crime and get found guilty, your endorsing them to do it again.
If you listen to stars who do things offence, on the radio or on t.v and Youtube is that different to endorsing them by buying there stuff, or is it the same?
If you wouldn't enorse a star, why? If it's complex why?
To be honest, its a difficult question.

My feeling is that if i liked the music, i probably would not boycott it. This is because I buy my music to listen to it and enjoy it, not as an act of support towards the artist.

I can see why people feel that someone such as Chris Brown does not deserve sucess, but if he releases a song that i want to listen to (which hasnt happened yet), i will probably listen to it.

Once you start basing your music choices on the actions of the artist, it ceases to be about the music and more just a popularity contest, which is too prevelent in the music industry as it is and is destroying it by letting uncreative and uninnovative songs have sucess based on the act's name alone.
irish-óg is offline   Reply With Quote