Options

'Waiting for Chryed to get it On' - Christian & Syed (Part 55)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,699
    Forum Member
    Queer as Chryed (US)

So, how was your last trick?

Mmm, big dick. Teeny brain.

The best kind!
  • Options
    JoanneKJoanneK Posts: 25,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D Me too!

Really he just needs to show a picture of Christian and she would fully understand. :p

I do wonder if they have any plans to bring her back?

So true.

I hope so cos I liked her.
  • Options
    surrealsurreal Posts: 13,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    surreal, you shouldn't apologise or feel like you have to apologise for anything you've posted - your posts are always insightful and thought-provoking and the thread is that much better for having you on here!

I for one would hate this thread to be somewhere where we're reluctant to post what we think. Chryed isn't going to be all about DC forever, there are definitely going to be ups as well as downs and you can bet the house on the fact that we're going to be unhappy with at least some aspects of the s/l / writing etc. along the way. Nothing wrong with that, and it's not a betrayal in any way to voice doubts or disenchantment if we feel it. There will be those who disagree and who try to put a positive spin on things (hey, LMB even found something to like in the stairway from hell scene) - and that's good too.

If we all felt the same things at the same time, the thread would be filled with nothing but mutual :D (or :mad:), depending on the day, and lots and lots and lots of QFTs. Although we'd still have the poems - let's not forget the poems.

Thank you :) Means a lot to me!

Ah yes poems...where's Pear when you need her? :DRhumba has written great limericks as well...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank You Surreal for the WW Spoilers.

I would love to see Linda back in Eastenders.
    Just to see how Syed would react to Christians mother etc. And Linda and Zainab interaction etc.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JoanneK wrote: »
    So true.

I hope so cos I liked her.

I wonder if they'd use the same actress or recast her?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Queer as Chryed (US)

Isn't he a little young for James Dean?

Well you don't want him watching The Teletubbies. Might make him gay.
  • Options
    At LastAt Last Posts: 4,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PoppyMay wrote: »
    Word. BIB - I love this. I do think both of them probably think they have some making up to do (not like that, although yeah that too :rolleyes:), and Syed in particular will feel that very keenly.

Sde note - one thing that we never really saw a lot of was Syed 'alone' during the affair.sham days. If we'd had a few scenes of him breaking down, looking despairing, lonely, scared, guilty or whatever - particularly after a fight with Christian - I think he would have been much more sympathetic. If we jump from " I love Amira blah" to sofa snoggage with nothing inbetween then it makes it harder (although not impossible) to empathise. Sometimes I wanted to see it.

ETA - This if for the numpties and casuals, obvs. I got frustrated because although I understood Syed's conflict I spent about 8 hours a day discussing it with you lot. To some he would appear like a cowardly, indeciisve cheat. I HATE THAT. EE could have done a better job.

Perfect moment ep was GREAT - cos it really laid his dilemma bare, cultimating in that confessional heart to heart with Christian; the palpable guilt, confusion and overwhelming sense of guilt. It was fab.

Bib 1: As Surreal says, word:). Santer's production methods were good at big dramatic moments, but they ttended to lack the subtle fillers or touches needed to make a s/l and its characters a more compact and coherent for the audience.

If you're going to put a character in a certain situation, you've got ask yourself a lot of questions in order to build up the plot and construct/develop the story (e.g. what effect will this have on the character? how will he react? why? why is he in this situation? Is this in keeping with his nature which we know so far?) and then, more crucially, show all these character reactions to the audience. Sometimes, there is really no need for anyone to rush a s/l for the sake of ratings and draaama.

John Yorke was terrific in this sense, aka the Kat and Zoe plot/storyline. It developed ever so slowly, we didn't know where it was heading, and the waiting didn't bother most of the audience because the way it was made it compelling/intriguing viewing. Ergo, it became one of EE's all time fav stories/climaxes.

Bib 2: Precisely, PoppyMay. One of my fav scenes:) A perfect and clear example of what Santer should/could have done.
  • Options
    momentarythingmomentarything Posts: 20,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    surreal, you shouldn't apologise or feel like you have to apologise for anything you've posted - your posts are always insightful and thought-provoking and the thread is that much better for having you on here!

I for one would hate this thread to be somewhere where we're reluctant to post what we think. Chryed isn't going to be all about DC forever, there are definitely going to be ups as well as downs and you can bet the house on the fact that we're going to be unhappy with at least some aspects of the s/l / writing etc. along the way. Nothing wrong with that, and it's not a betrayal in any way to voice doubts or disenchantment if we feel it. There will be those who disagree and who try to put a positive spin on things (hey, LMB even found something to like in the stairway from hell scene) - and that's good too.

If we all felt the same things at the same time, the thread would be filled with nothing but mutual :D (or :mad:), depending on the day, and lots and lots and lots of QFTs. Although we'd still have the poems - let's not forget the poems.

I have no idea what you mean. I never disagree with anyone on anything. I mean, tbh, I wasn't keen on the reunion, but I never let onto anyone that I felt that way, because I knew the lynch mob would come after me. I'm expecting death threats now I've admitted it :(.

Oh, yes, let's never forget the poetry. :D Ooh, someone should write a poem that bashes Preeya, then we'd be ticking all the right boxes! :D

Anyway, I'm feeling really optimistic about the storyiline's future. I know some people find it a bit disconcerting not knowing what's coming next, and when I think about it, it frustrates me a bit too. But, honestly, I'm prepared just to take what we get for now and see what happens. It'd annoy me to death if they changed Syed's and/or Christian's personalities for draama purposes. It's not like they don't have plenty of flaws to play around with already that would be inconsistent to their characters! I can deal with pretty much anything, tbh, but bad characterisation is the #1 thing that really gets my back up (good thing I decided to get invested in a soap storyline, then. That was a brilliant idea for someone who needs consistent characterisation).
    :D Me too!

Really he just needs to show a picture of Christian and she would fully understand. :p

I do wonder if they have any plans to bring her back?

He needs to show her a photo. Last time she saw him, he had that hair. I'd hate to think Shabnam would think Syed would have taste in a bloke with hair like that :(

I don't care one way or the other, but it would be nice for Syed to have another ally. Which he inevitably would; Shabnam was incredibly modern and struggled to fit in with her mother's ideal of what she should be too. I think I liked Shabnam, though the actress wasn't the best- though she was often up against Nina Wadia, which would make anyone less than great suffer by comparison. So I'd hope they'd recast if they did bring her back, but even if they didn't, she wasn't an awful actress by any means. I definitely think there's room for her in the Masoods, but they certainly don't feel lacking without her to say the least!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Just to see how Syed would react to Christians mother etc. And Linda and Zainab interaction etc.

That would be excellent! :D

And for her to meet the man that finally made Christian change.:)
    I suspect she would mistrust Syed, and her and Zainab would form an uneasy alliance, that is if Zainab will admit that Syed's alive :(
  • Options
    LilMissBossyLilMissBossy Posts: 6,833
    Forum Member
    Queer as Chryed (US)

So, how was your last trick?

Mmm, big dick. Teeny brain.

The best kind!

:eek::eek::eek: LOL!!! Might actually be persuaded to watch QAF US after all :p
  • Options
    JoanneKJoanneK Posts: 25,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Linda should come back. With everything that is going on with everyone...Christian and with Jane soon, the perfect time to bring her back. I think it is all dependant on the actress though.
    I wonder if they'd use the same actress or recast her?

Recast probably. Depends on if the actress really. She left cos she wasn't getting story lines. Would she be willing to stick around this time?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,486
    Forum Member
    I have no idea what you mean. I never disagree with anyone on anything. I mean, tbh, I wasn't keen on the reunion, but I never let onto anyone that I felt that way, because I knew the lynch mob would come after me. I'm expecting death threats now I've admitted it :(.

Oh, yes, let's never forget the poetry. :D Ooh, someone should write a poem that bashes Preeya, then we'd be ticking all the right boxes! :D

Anyway, I'm feeling really optimistic about the storyiline's future. I know some people find it a bit disconcerting not knowing what's coming next, and when I think about it, it frustrates me a bit too. But, honestly, I'm prepared just to take what we get for now and see what happens. It'd annoy me to death if they changed Syed's and/or Christian's personalities for draama purposes. It's not like they don't have plenty of flaws to play around with already that would be inconsistent to their characters! I can deal with pretty much anything, tbh, but bad characterisation is the #1 thing that really gets my back up.

You hated the reunion? Gettoutathisthread.To be fair, you hid it so well. Almost as well as who me? hides the fact that she met Marc E at the Haiti event.
  • Options
    elphaba7589elphaba7589 Posts: 74,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    surreal wrote: »

Ah yes poems...where's Pear when you need her? :DRhumba has written great limericks as well...

The only limerick I could come up with was this...and it doesn't even work as a limerick...I fail at Chryed poetry:(:(:rolleyes:

Christian Clarke had a very big k*ob
    That Syed liked stuck in his gob
    It made him so high
    To suck him all dry
    And wished that it could be his job:sleep::D:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :eek::eek::eek: LOL!!! Might actually be persuaded to watch QAF US after all :p

You wont regret it ;):D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    just watched "peep-o" episode :D
    i love the different expressions on Syed's face when Christian introduces Leyton, and then says that he's his boyfriend, jealous much? i think soo. . . :p
  • Options
    asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member
    just watched "peep-o" episode :D
    i love the different expressions on Syed's face when Christian introduces Leyton, and then says that he's his boyfriend, jealous much? i think soo. . . :p

haha wow Leyton was annoying. Even jealous Syed does not make him less annoying. And i still refuse to believe Christian slept with him. Its just wrong.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Queer as Chryed (US)

We're queer. We don't need marriage. We don't need the sanction of dickless politicians and pederast priests. We :p who we want to, when we want to. That is our God-given right.

But it is also our God-given right to have everything that straight people have. Because we're every bit as much human as they are
  • Options
    elphaba7589elphaba7589 Posts: 74,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    asyousay wrote: »
    haha wow Leyton was annoying. Even jealous Syed does not make him less annoying. And i still refuse to believe Christian slept with him. Its just wrong.

Lol...me too...to me Christian just passed out cos he was really drunk and Leyton slept on the sofa:sleep:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Detailed spoilers for Thursday

From WW
    Christian and Roxy are in R&R, knowing back drinks. Roxy wants Christian to enjoy himself and forget about his new found domestic lifestyle for the evening. Meanwhile Tamwar visits Syed at Christian’s flat, he has reservations about Christian leaving Syed home alone but Syed assures his brother that he trusts Christian. Later, Christian and Roxy roll home drunk and Syed and Tamwar are both appalled by the state of them.
  • Options
    LilMissBossyLilMissBossy Posts: 6,833
    Forum Member
    The only limerick I could come up with was this...and it doesn't even work as a limerick...I fail at Chryed poetry:(:(:rolleyes:

It made him so high
    To suck him all dry

That is brilliant!! You so do not fail at your job...little mini pear :D And after that poem, you cannot claim that you have an unfair rep for being dirty :p
  • Options
    momentarythingmomentarything Posts: 20,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You hated the reunion? Gettoutathisthread.To be fair, you hid it so well. Almost as well as who me? hides the fact that she met Marc E at the Haiti event.

I didn't hate it. I just found it blah. If I'd watched it as many times as AR did, though, I probably would.

Yeah, remind me of that, the lucky b*tch. :sleep:

Zigesa has a picture of herself and Marc from that event on her Facebook. I like it when she comments on my posts for some reason :D.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    asyousay wrote: »

same! Christian just wouldn't sink that low :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lol...me too...to me Christian just passed out cos he was really drunk and Leyton slept on the sofa:sleep:

Thats sounds right :D:D
  • Options
    rome81rome81 Posts: 4,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It made him so high
    To suck him all dry

:eek:

LMAO :D:D:D
  • Options
    At LastAt Last Posts: 4,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I for one would hate this thread to be somewhere where we're reluctant to post what we think. Chryed isn't going to be all about DC forever, there are definitely going to be downs as well as ups and you can bet the house on the fact that we're going to be unhappy with at least some aspects of the s/l / writing etc. along the way. Nothing wrong with that, and it's not a betrayal in any way to voice doubts or disenchantment if we feel it. There will be those who disagree and who try to put a positive spin on things (hey, LMB even found something to like in the stairway from hell scene) - and that's good too.

If we all felt the same things at the same time, the thread would be filled with nothing but mutual :D (or :mad:, depending on the day), and lots and lots and lots of QFTs. Although we'd still have the poems - let's not forget the poems.

Hear, hear, VF!

Surreal, I for one love reading your posts. I've always said that and I always will. Over the months, you've voiced what sometimes troubles me about the s/l, its writing and characterisations. I usually just keep it stuff in my head and don't let it out. And once you've posted your thoughts, the rest of thread comes on, discusses it, and leaves us feeling a whole lot better than we did a minute ago. :)

So please don't feel sef-conscious. If you're thinking, it's more than likely that others are feeling exactly the same thing.

Seriously, you're inexpensive therapy. Lol!:D
This discussion has been closed.