View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 12:38
Listentome
Forum Member

Zod? I would have liked them to cut all ties to the previous films if they planned to reboot the character.
I must have got the wrong end of the stick too, as I thought they were going to have Nolan directing. Not that enamoured about Snyder. Can we expect more heavily CGI use as in his previous films? I hope they don't go overboard on that score as with 300, Watchmen etc.

Still, if it's been finalised all that's left to do is cross your fingers and cuddle up to your Chris Reeve DVD boxset.
I don't see it that way because Zod existed in the Superman comics long before the Donner/Lester films.The character will be re-booted along with Superman and the entire franchise. Let's face it any re-boot series would have to feature iconic things from the mythos, Lex would have to appear at some point and he's even more iconic than Zod.

I agree I don't want a new film to be tied to the old series of films, Superman Returns made that mistake, but I have no problem with the same characters being re-invented. When I watched The Dark Knight, I didn't see it tied to Burton's Batman film with Jack Nicholson's Joker, so I'd look at a new Superman movie with Zod in the same way.
Listentome is offline   Reply With Quote