View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 17:22
Kal_El
Forum Member

I don't see it that way because Zod existed in the Superman comics long before the Donner/Lester films...
Did he? I always presumed he was a unique creation for the Donner films. I don't recall any comics including Zod at all before the movies. Shows how much I know!

The film isn't looking good!

Apparently Darren Aronofsky was their 1st choice for director but because he's a perfectionist he wanted the script to be perfect. Unfortunately WB couldn't wait that long and take him on as they have a deadline to meet to get the film into production, so they offered it to Zack Snyder who they knew could get the film done on time.

And David Goyer's script isn't done either with some labelling it a 'mess' and Snyder himself knows the script isn't complete.
Oh dear. Looks like this one is gonna be a stinker. And people said Singer's effort was poor...

As for Superman being too powerful...my feelings are that he has far, far more human weaknesses than Bruce Wayne or Batman. Donner really fleshed this out and made a truly human superhero, something that later comic books and movies could hang their hats on (see All Star Superman). I think the real problem for many is that he just isn't dark and scary like Bats. But that's the bit I love, and what makes him eternally more interesting. An alien who's more human than us.
Kal_El is offline   Reply With Quote