Options

Converting TS Files from HDR Fox T2

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
Forum Member
I am trying to convert TS files from my HDR Fox T2 and am completey baffled!

I have copied the programme I want to convert to my PC via FTP and am using VideoReDo vers 3 as suggested by other posters. However, when I try to open the .TS file I get an error saying "Cannot find PAT packet in programme stream".

I have also tried opening the file in VLC but this says that the file is not a valid format.

For clarification, these are not HD programmes but standard def from BBC 1.

Any suggestions?

Steve

Comments

• Options
    Martin LiddleMartin Liddle Posts: 3,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am trying to convert TS files from my HDR Fox T2 and am completey baffled!

I have copied the programme I want to convert to my PC via FTP
    It sounds as though you haven't removed the encryption. For SD programs this can be done by copying to a USB storgae device before the FTP transfer. For HD programs you can use a utility written by Raydon called Foxy to allow the encryption to be removed by copying.

If you are adventurous you can install modifed firmware on the HDR to speed up the process.
  • Options
    MeMe Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have found problems with programmes copied via USB stick.

I'm using a Mac and found that the files won't open in MPEG Streamclip (which had no problems with files from the 9200)

I was just trying to make a compilation of a few ITN Bulletins which a friend had appeared on and needed them in a format that Final Cut Pro would handle.

Other applications would perform conversions but couldn't get the aspect ratio right - they all seemed to want to put the 16:9 format into a 4:3 frame (or variations on that theme).

My final solution was to use Toast to burn them as a DVD Disc Image which Streamclip would then handle.

Does anyone know what has changed?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It sounds as though you haven't removed the encryption. For SD programs this can be done by copying to a USB storgae device before the FTP transfer.

If I copy the files to a USB device then would these files convert OK? i.e. if I have them on an external disk, I wouldn't then need to FTP them - or am I missing something?
  • Options
    grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me wrote: »
    I have found problems with programmes copied via USB stick.

I'm using a Mac and found that the files won't open in MPEG Streamclip (which had no problems with files from the 9200)

I was just trying to make a compilation of a few ITN Bulletins which a friend had appeared on and needed them in a format that Final Cut Pro would handle.

Other applications would perform conversions but couldn't get the aspect ratio right - they all seemed to want to put the 16:9 format into a 4:3 frame (or variations on that theme).

My final solution was to use Toast to burn them as a DVD Disc Image which Streamclip would then handle.

Does anyone know what has changed?

Try using tsmuxer to stream the files to .mts format. Not sure why but in the past this has fixed the problem. Also try completely renaming the .ts file first.
  • Options
    Martin LiddleMartin Liddle Posts: 3,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I copy the files to a USB device then would these files convert OK? i.e. if I have them on an external disk, I wouldn't then need to FTP them - or am I missing something?
    It depends entirely on your convenience; but the step of copying to USB is essential to remove encryption.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It depends entirely on your convenience; but the step of copying to USB is essential to remove encryption.

I will give this a try tonight and report on my progress!

Thanks for your help so far :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Try using tsmuxer to stream the files to .mts format. Not sure why but in the past this has fixed the problem. Also try completely renaming the .ts file first.

Thanks for the suggestion. Looks like a useful weapon to add to my arsenal.

Unfortunately it doesn't help in this case - gives the same error as Streamclip - "Cannot detect file type"
  • Options
    grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me wrote: »
    Thanks for the suggestion. Looks like a useful weapon to add to my arsenal.

Unfortunately it doesn't help in this case - gives the same error as Streamclip - "Cannot detect file type"

Pretty sure they must be encrypted then. As already said one HDR FOX T2 as everything recorded to the hdd by the box is encrypted you have to copy to usb to decrypt the content.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pretty sure they must be encrypted then. As already said one HDR FOX T2 as everything recorded to the hdd by the box is encrypted you have to copy to usb to decrypt the content.

Don't think so as other applications will open them - just not save them how I want.

I'll try with another one this evening.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I will give this a try tonight and report on my progress!

Brilliant, copying to a USB device has indeed removed the encryption and I can now play the files and burn to DVD. :D

Thanks again!