Options

Really has appeared; CNN has gone

Ray CathodeRay Cathode Posts: 13,231
Forum Member
✭✭
On Mux C in London.

To be more precise CNN has lost its LCN and NIT/SDT entry and remains as a caption until a retune occurs. Most boxes will not then recognise it.

Really is just a placeholder on LCN20 for now.

There are no other changes I can see.

Comments

• Options
    freeview33freeview33 Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    On Mux C in London.

To be more precise CNN has lost its LCN and remains as a caption until a retune occurs.

I did not see this thread.So I will link it to my posted in The Freeview Changelog.
  • Options
    linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Turner are missing out not being on Freeview.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LCN20 now has a mheg caption up.
  • Options
    freeview33freeview33 Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    LCN20 now has a mheg caption up.

Do we really need to re-tune on August 2nd.Like it says on the mheg caption?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You need to retune to get the caption that says you need to retune.

As the channel is aimed at women, which includes you freeview33, that is self explanatory. :D:D
  • Options
    AngusMastAngusMast Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    The MHEG screen has been changed in the last minute or two! :D
  • Options
    a516a516 Posts: 5,241
    Forum Member
    We know UKTV read this thread, so perhaps they read the comments and realised that fact that anyone seeing the screen had a) already retuned or b) the TV has automatically picked up and stored the channel (like mine has).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daniel2015 has sent me an email pointing out that the DMOL website is saying that CNN has only been removed from Mux C and not Arq A. Could any post DSO DSers check to see the status of CNN on Arq A? It could be the first post DSO only service.
  • Options
    AngusMastAngusMast Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    CNN has definitely gone here too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AngusMast wrote: »
    CNN has definitely gone here too.

Fairly obvious I suppose or else they would be broadcasting already. I agree that Turner are making a big mistake. I wonder if the price of a Freeview slot has gone up?
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,681
    Forum Member
    Sad to see CNN gone completely. I had hoped since it had stuck around for so long that its chances of returning at some point were pretty high.

I do find it surprising that we get two more obscure less well-known news services on DTT like Russia Today and Al Jazeera, but not CNN.
  • Options
    linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    Sad to see CNN gone completely. I had hoped since it had stuck around for so long that its chances of returning at some point were pretty high.

I do find it surprising that we get two more obscure less well-known news services on DTT like Russia Today and Al Jazeera, but not CNN.

CNBC would be much better than CNN. Add Euro News and Bloomberg too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    freeview33 wrote: »
    Do we really need to re-tune on August 2nd.Like it says on the mheg caption?
    We don't have to retune as such and accordingly don't mess up our favourite channel lists. We simply find a channel on same MUX then tap in new channel number, and lo&behold it works most of the time and It worked for Really. We have Samsung, Grundig and Pace.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    On Mux C in London.

To be more precise CNN has lost its LCN and NIT/SDT entry and remains as a caption until a retune occurs. Most boxes will not then recognise it.

Really is just a placeholder on LCN20 for now.

The Really screen reads "New channel REALLY coming soon to Freeview..." when as an old channel it should read "New to Freeview REALLY channel is coming soon".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All traces of CNN have now been removed from Mux C.
  • Options
    TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,420
    Forum Member
    All traces of CNN have now been removed from Mux C.

l can confirm that CNN has entirely disappeared from the Mendip transmitter's output and that on LCN 20 now has a placeholder for Really:

[Really logo on red background]

New channel REALLY coming soon to
    Freeview channel 20 on 2nd August.

www.reallytv.co.uk
  • Options
    TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,420
    Forum Member
    Dancc wrote: »

Is there any way you can complement Freeview with Freesat so that you can still get CNN, Dancc? That's what l've done.

As for the other two channels that you've mentioned, l quite like Al Jazeera as it's a modern and professional news channel. Alas, the same cannot be said for Russia Today which is a waste of space propaganda channel with low standards of integrity.
  • Options
    Mickey_TMickey_T Posts: 4,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly it'll no doubt have 'Really' crap picture quality like everything else on Mux C these days. :mad:
  • Options
    deg625deg625 Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    I have just rescanned my tv...and have noticed that as well as Really being added to channel 20 from 2nd August...ITV2+1 has full 24 hr listings from 2nd August too.
    Pontop Pike Transmitter.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ITV2+1 24 hours eh? Good find. The EPG is not always reliable, so we'll have to see if there is an official source. Although it's quite likely that this would be the 11th stream on Mux A that Ray Cathode has mentioned and in line with ITV's plan to get ITV2+1 back on 24 hours a day.

(Not to be published in Changelog until confirmed, please.)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    nothing about having to retune here in caradon hill (post-DSO)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    nothing about having to retune here in caradon hill (post-DSO)

If you're referring the caption on channel 20, the reference to retuning was removed about 1 1/4 hours after the caption went live.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    a516 wrote: »
    If you're referring the caption on channel 20, the reference to retuning was removed about 1 1/4 hours after the caption went live.

well unless i missed something, in this thread it doesn't say that the screen was changed, which is why i posted.

there does seem to be a clique that if anybody else posts get immediatley shouted down. I would recommend some kind of chill pill perhaps?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    well unless i missed something, in this thread it doesn't say that the screen was changed, which is why i posted.

there does seem to be a clique that if anybody else posts get immediatley shouted down. I would recommend some kind of chill pill perhaps?

In what way does the previous comment constitute shouting down? :confused:

(The MHEG/caption change was mentioned in post 7 and 8, although it will not have necessarily been clear that the reference to retuning was the bit that had changed.)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mickey_T wrote: »
    Sadly it'll no doubt have 'Really' crap picture quality like everything else on Mux C these days. :mad:

If the BBC-B (post DSO) mux is the Freeview HD mux, then Mux C/Arq-A mux can be the "Freeview LD" mux :D.