[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    T V Size: L £14.00
    V+ HD Monthly Fee - £5.00
    Broadband Size: L - £26.00
    Broadband L & TV Discount -£5.50

so total is £39.50 { I have been with Virgin over 18 months }

if TiVo is a extra £3 per month its not clear what happens to the extra £5 per month they are charging for the V+ box so not sure if they knock this off.

there is no current illustration over a Customer who does not have { nor want } a phone line.

so if I switched does anyone know what I would end up paying as its not clear from the website.

They must lose a lot of Customers who want to see in black and white what the actual charge is as every time I try the upgrade function it goes on about a phone line which I dont need or want.
  • Options
    JethroUKJethroUK Posts: 6,107
    Forum Member
    T V Size: L £14.00
    V+ HD Monthly Fee - £5.00
    Broadband Size: L - £26.00
    Broadband L & TV Discount -£5.50

so total is £39.50 { I have been with Virgin over 18 months }

if TiVo is a extra £3 per month its not clear what happens to the extra £5 per month they are charging for the V+ box so not sure if they knock this off.

there is no current illustration over a Customer who does not have { nor want } a phone line.

so if I switched does anyone know what I would end up paying as its not clear from the website.

They must lose a lot of Customers who want to see in black and white what the actual charge is as every time I try the upgrade function it goes on about a phone line which I dont need or want.

If you get Tivo +£3 month and have V+ removed £5 month i expect you should save £2 month
  • Options
    BenMcr77BenMcr77 Posts: 6,573
    Forum Member
    From the new customer bundle builder:

What you'll pay:

Monthly cost
    Your bundle £33.00
    Your extras £3.00

Total £36.00

One-off cost £49.95

Your services
    TV L
    Broadband L

TV extras
    TiVo Service

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 256
    Forum Member
    Ernie_C wrote: »
    Wrong!

http://shop.virginmedia.com/digital-tv/set-top-boxes/tivo-box-prices.html

There is currently no installation charge but the activation charge stands.

yes your right i rang the other day and they wanted £49 activation fee for a 500GB TIVO box which is steep as i pay them over £100 each month and won't be getting tivo till the drop the fee
  • Options
    nobabydaddynobabydaddy Posts: 2,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ordered my Tivo today and it is being installed on Friday. Was handled by a very nice lady called Kris in the Indian call centre. Very good customer service indeed :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    I went in to the Virgin Media shop in Derby yesterday and was told there was no installation fee if you ordered Tivo before the end of July, so £99.95 for 1TB and £49.95 or 500mb. Ordered mine there and then and now you only need M+ as a minimum
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 395
    Forum Member
    smiley63 wrote: »
    I went in to the Virgin Media shop in Derby yesterday and was told there was no installation fee if you ordered Tivo before the end of July, so £99.95 for 1TB and £49.95 or 500mb. Ordered mine there and then and now you only need M+ as a minimum

Free Installation offer end's 30/09/11 according to the VM website.
  • Options
    rickyboysimpsonrickyboysimpson Posts: 238
    Forum Member
    called vm up last night.....

did have: V+HD with L tv package & 10mb broadband £38

now have: TiVO & V+HD with XL tv package, 30mb broadband, M phone £49 pm with £99.95 one off for the 1TB TiVO

I was out on contract and told them i wanted to leave for Freesat HD or Freeview HD. The retentions guy did some chat about how good they where and I name dropped the TiVO. He came up with a few offer and I changed I few bits around and pushed him a bit (he wanted to charge £30 for the 30mb activation and super hub) and that was the final offer and price. For an extra £11 a month a get a TiVO, tv box in another room, faster broadband and a phone line. Bloody bargain if you ask me!!

oh and I put the above offer into vm website and the monthly cost was £66.40 pm, that put a smile on my face!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    a mate of mine has just rung up to get the same deal as me and the best he could do is £58! i must have got a soft touch in vm retentions (his name was John btw!
  • Options
    Mr_TartMr_Tart Posts: 635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm also in the "no need for a phoneline" boat.

Could someone clarify for me in simple terms what would happen if I order TiVo now (as an existing customer out of contract) and in 6 months time wanted to move property, and take my services with me, assuming there is a cable provision at the new property?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    As far as I am aware from previous experience virgin will install the new services at your new address for free. I've moved several times and never been charged anything. Not sure if they restart your contract date though!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    Right, here goes.
    Just got off the phone with them, and told them that I am moving house next Monday.
    I asked about TiVO, and they said that they would install that at the same time (Even though last week, they said I couldn't get a box installed until the 19th)
    Now here's the best part.
    As from tomorrow, the 500GB box is free! (Subject to an 18 month contract)
    The woman who I spoke to (A lovely woman called Amanda. She even gave me her work number in case I want to recommend someone. ;) ) said even though I'm a day earlier ordering the TiVO, she said that she'd waive the £49.95 fee. Chuffed to bits now.
    And I'm upgrading my BB to 30 Mb too.
    As far as I am aware from previous experience virgin will install the new services at your new address for free. I've moved several times and never been charged anything. Not sure if they restart your contract date though!
    Just got an email confirming all this, and it said that I will be charged for this month and a month in advance (But any fees that you will have already paid will be reimbursed. Hope that makes sense! :D )
  • Options
    Mr_TartMr_Tart Posts: 635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can you send me a PM with her number please?

Sounds like a winner to me!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    aferg01 wrote: »
    Right, here goes.
    Just got off the phone with them, and told them that I am moving house next Monday.
    I asked about TiVO, and they said that they would install that at the same time (Even though last week, they said I couldn't get a box installed until the 19th)
    Now here's the best part.
    As from tomorrow, the 500GB box is free! (Subject to an 18 month contract)
    The woman who I spoke to (A lovely woman called Amanda. She even gave me her work number in case I want to recommend someone. ;) ) said even though I'm a day earlier ordering the TiVO, she said that she'd waive the £49.95 fee. Chuffed to bits now.
    And I'm upgrading my BB to 30 Mb too.

Just got an email confirming all this, and it said that I will be charged for this month and a month in advance (But any fees that you will have already paid will be reimbursed. Hope that makes sense! :D )

Doesn't look like the 500GB box is free, looks like she's told you a pack of lies
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    Gav12 wrote: »
    Doesn't look like the 500GB box is free, looks like she's told you a pack of lies
    How so?
    If I haven't paid for it, that makes it free, no?
  • Options
    BenMcr77BenMcr77 Posts: 6,573
    Forum Member
    Fair play to you if they've agreed to do it, god knows why they have and where she got the idea it was free when it's not
  • Options
    Forum Member
    aferg01 wrote: »
    How so?
    If I haven't paid for it, that makes it free, no?

As Ben said fair play if you got it free, but what she said about it been free from today is wrong as it's still £49.95. You'll have to wait till your next bill arrives to be certain you got it free it wouldn't suprise me if they charge you even though they said it was free this has happened before.
  • Options
    rock8633rock8633 Posts: 1,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Contacted VirginMedia today to ask a question about my bill and when on the phone asked about the Tivo and the cost of me having it, at the moment im paying £80 a month for all my services inc V+Hd box, she asked if i wanted to keep the V+Hd box and i said no, she came back with a price of minus£12.00 a month on the bill if i took the Tivo 500gb box and returned the V+Hd box with a one off charge of £49-95 for tivo which to me seems good as i would make this back though the year...but with a new 12 month contract (need to check tommorro,says 18 months on website)just a bit worried because when i renewed my contract last year i was told a price and they didnt keep to it and dont want to be stuck in a new contract again,as anyone else been offered a discount for swapping V+Hd to tivo..