Options

The Ratings Thread (Part 23)

Comments

• Options
    BushmillsBushmills Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'tis true.

5.1m (22%) average....with a peak of 5.6m at 10pm.

1.8m for Bit on the Side.
  • Options
    scotchscotch Posts: 10,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rzt wrote: »
    Celebrity Big Brother Launch: 5.1m
    * peak: 6m

Source: Claire W, Sky publicisct

oh wow, I was out by over 2 million :eek:

Very good rating.

I won't be joining the prediction game anytime soon :D
  • Options
    MrBingMrBing Posts: 2,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kwynne42 wrote: »
    Tara Reid is just an American Kerry Katona, just as drug Addled and messed up. I tried to watch last night but gave up after half way because either I didn't like them or didn't know them, to think I missed Torchwood for that Twaddle.

Have to agree. I was out in town and it was shown on a huge TV screen with subtitles and all I saw was randomer after randomer go in, then Jedward.

Worst lineup ever.
  • Options
    all_nightall_night Posts: 7,636
    Forum Member
    Torchwood got 3.4mil according to Guardian twitter guy
  • Options
    CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    all_night wrote: »
    Torchwood got 3.4mil according to Guardian twitter guy
    poor Torchwood, it has its own problems, but I blame Big Brother. Still a rare night where Channel 5 probaly won the timeslot.
    kwynne42 wrote: »
    Tara Reid is just an American Kerry Katona, just as drug Addled and messed up.
    to be honest im not aware of this.

5.1 milliion wow that is way above my prediction.

Bit On the Side, more than double my prediction, not only has BB done better than I figure, im also not going to score any points in the ratings prediction game.
  • Options
    D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have no idea if this is a Daily Star reporter doing their 'spin', but they are saying that the show had a reach of 8 million viewers.
  • Options
    GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Incredible rating for BB, really surprised. I thought it was a shocking line-up, but I guess this means I'm out of touch with sleb culture, which I can't but help think is a good thing.

I thought Brian was good, better then Davina's tired old act anyway.

Won't be watching again though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    D.M.N. wrote: »
    I have no idea if this is a Daily Star reporter doing their 'spin', but they are saying that the show had a reach of 8 million viewers.
    its possible thats true.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Why are so many people upset with the line up? This is CBB, it's never been wall to wall with A List celebs. Claire Sweeney, Goldie, Chantelle Dane Bowers? Remember people
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,980
    Forum Member
    Wow-fantastic figure for CBB. Well above what most people predicted and slots in very nicely in 4th place in Ch5's top 50!! Pretty good retention for the spin off too considering it was on till 11.30pm! Don't be surprised to see it sub 3m tonight, but that's a very promising start. The more I think about it, they actually have a good bunch of celebs appealing to the right demographic. The Bachelor now has a good chance of getting off to a decent start too.
  • Options
    derek500derek500 Posts: 24,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Charnham wrote: »
    poor Torchwood, it has its own problems, but I blame Big Brother. Still a rare night where Channel 5 probaly won the timeslot.

Lots of timeshifting last night, no doubt. I'm sure a few Torchwood, The Killing regulars had their PVRs going.

Sky put on an extra showing of Trollied at 11pm.
  • Options
    MarginMargin Posts: 124
    Forum Member
    Very good for C5 yesterday, although there will inevitably be a large drop off as the hype wears off. I think the rather bad lineup could put some people off aswell, although I'm sure they have something up there sleeve.
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,694
    Forum Member
    I am at work so no time for more detailed commentary...but I am THRILLED with those numbers. Well done Channel 5!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Broadcast say 5.16m (22.13%) for the programme, however I think this is tape-checked from 21:05 to 22:30. What it does tell us given that the entire slot figure was 5.075m (21.9%) was that the first 5 minutes was seen by 3.63m (17.99%). Peak was 6.00m (25.72%) at 21:55.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What we need to know is what Cowboy Builders got hah
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Margin wrote: »
    Very good for C5 yesterday, although there will inevitably be a large drop off as the hype wears off. I think the rather bad lineup could put some people off aswell, although I'm sure they have something up there sleeve.

The more I look at the lineup the more I think C5 are being very clever. Kerry, Jedward and Amy are pretty much seen as A listers in teenagers eyes, and they appeal to the younger BB target audience.
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    D.M.N. wrote: »
    Broadcast say 5.16m (22.13%) for the programme, however I think this is tape-checked from 21:05 to 22:30. What it does tell us given that the entire slot figure was 5.075m (21.9%) was that the first 5 minutes was seen by 3.63m (17.99%). Peak was 6.00m (25.72%) at 21:55.

Wow, so the show must have grown quite dramatically in terms of ratings going from 3.63m to 6m in one hour!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Salv* wrote: »
    The more I look at the lineup the more I think C5 are being very clever. Kerry, Jedward and Amy are pretty much seen as A listers in teenagers eyes, and they appeal to the younger BB target audience.
    agreed these are exactly the kind of people the press love, and the kind of people who appear on this kind of this kind of show, Channel 5 seems to have it right IMO.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Salv* wrote: »
    Wow, so the show must have grown quite dramatically in terms of ratings going from 3.63m to 6m in one hour!

Indeed, according to Broadcast:

* 21:00 to 21:15 - 4.49m (18.2%)
    * 22:00 to 22:15 - 5.59m (26.1%)
    * 22:15 to 22:30 - 4.77m (23.3%)

Will do a full roundup once DS, MG and Broadcast have fully updated.
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,694
    Forum Member
    A massive 10.5% share for Channel 5 in the 16-34 demo yesterday. Beat ITV1 and Channel 4.
  • Options
    GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    all_night wrote: »
    Why are so many people upset with the line up? This is CBB, it's never been wall to wall with A List celebs. Claire Sweeney, Goldie, Chantelle Dane Bowers? Remember people

I can only speak for myself, but I never expect a-list stars, but I would like people I've never seen on Reality TV, so I can judge them in a new setting, most of the bigger names here, are stalwarts of RTV. The names you mentioned above, at the time, no-one knew what they were like in this setting. i also knew who of them were, unlike three people who went in last night.

Yet, as I say, C5 have done exceedingly well, with a good show, and people that clearly appeal to the demographic of people that watch the show, nowadays. I'm a lapsed viewer, loved it way back, but became gradually disillusioned. Gave it a try last night, but it's not for me, yet it clearly is doing it for millions of others.

I may come back and watch the opening show of the normal series.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    also for what its worth has there eve been a Big Brother where the press have not said "what an awful line up of nobodies" ?
  • Options
    grahamzxygrahamzxy Posts: 11,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A great figure for CBB - not sure if it can timeshift any better, but 5.19m was enough to make the BARB top 10 (no duplicates) for w/e 7/8/11 - can Channel 5 make the list for the first time in years, if indeed ever?
  • Options
    Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent for CBB yesterday, I was out by 2 million. Channel 5 have really gone all out for their new show. Brian is far better than Davina, the house looks fresh, the crowd outside don't look hemmed in and overpowered by the host and nice to see who the behind the scenes staff are. A decent effort and myself and Mrs Glenn A were reasonably entertained. Won't be a full time viewer, but will dip into CBB to see how it's doing or when Mrs Glenn A asks.
    Series average for CBB, I'll go for 3.5 million now, maybe peaking again at 5 million for the final.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    obviously we have the important ratings from Britains No1 channel Channel 5, but can we get some more ratings for the lesser channels, the BBC 1s and ITV 1s of the world ;)
This discussion has been closed.